Creative Kills

Clare

I was trying to loot this Shamway Foods near my base. Ended up attracting the attention of a zombie bear. Barely survived but I managed to trap it in the bathroom. I knew I didn't have long before it broke its way out, so I did what any sensible person would have done in my shoes. I loaded the store up with TNT and blew everything up. I sure as hell wasn't taking any chances.

On my very first game i was happy to find a nice house in Navezgane. (The one at the river and between the Bookstore and the Tools Store) the only thing i later noticed is, that a bear is in that area. On a strange night it somehow managed to sneak inside. It scared the Hell out of me, as i turned around from the Campfire in the 2nd Floor to look into the eyes of the bear. Damn thing was, that it was the 6th night so Zombies will come in less then 22h. Only thing i can do is fight than. Died for sure, didn't know how MUCH they can take and what dmg they do at that time. I died several times until i finaly, after several ingame Hours, punched it to death with bare fists. i feeled like after a bossfight in Dark Souls!

Circle of death

Friend and I have been playing a random gen map, we decided to build our base next to a lake. I went on a hunting expedition to collect some raw meat as we had found a ton of eggs in the central city so we could make eggs and bacon.

I found a deer and began the chase as the deer ran towards the lake (and our base) I thought I had it in the bag. The deer just so happened to run past both a swollen zombie and a bear. I hung back and let nature take its course after zombie killed the deer the bear killed the zombie and I finished off the bear it worked great until a screamer happened to be nearby and the ensusing horde killed me.

I made these ladder fire tower traps a while back. The fire damage isn't much, but once you have like 20 of these surrounding your base, 40 or so zombies tried to go up/get burned/fall damage/rinse repeat they go down pretty fast :) the video is just example though, that's why the towers are very close to the platform and not very tall.

I made these ladder fire tower traps a while back. The fire damage isn't much, but once you have like 20 of these surrounding your base, 40 or so zombies tried to go up/get burned/fall damage/rinse repeat they go down pretty fast :) the video is just example though, that's why the towers are very close to the platform and not very tall.

How do you deal with the cop zombies and their ranged / explosive attack

How do you deal with the cop zombies and their ranged / explosive attack

Like other zombies they will go up and fall and as soon as they fall they climb the ladder again, therefore they won't attack you (at least it used to be in some versions ago), the top of the tower also isn't that much higher than my base roof to give them incentive to climb. Also the wall is metal trussing and iron bars so you'll be able to shoot them as they go up (or just holes if I don't have any guns yet)

Sock

Running ankle biters over with a minibike is always good fun.

Another good one, build a pillar out of weakish material. At least 4 blocks high, then build a platform, like a roof without walls. At night the zombies will break the pillar to try and get to you and the platform will fall and take em out. And you walk away without a scratch.

There's also something extremely satisfying about shooting a bee down from way up in the air with a crossbow.

Just adding that one in there.

Another unrelated time, I accidentally cut the arms off a Zombie. We thought it was funny and cute so we completely de-limbed him. A long trek to our base and a giant steel cage later we had a pet. Well the pet got lonely, so we trapped 3 more in the same cage.

We didn't know it at the time but our pets DO eventually die. (we even let them bite us to keep them fed.) Legolass, Ted and Jennifer all died of blood loss.

Thats pretty interesting, I image they bleed to death lol. I once had the same idea (zombie pet) and I captured one with rock ('stone').

I then left him alone for a while and when I returned he had magically disappeared leaving no exit holes :'(

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. Not sure if this has been posted before but I created a great zombie trap.

I dug out a deepish pit about 10x10 and 8 down. Then I lined it with concrete. Next my mate and I lured a bear back to our stronghold and managed to get him in the pit. Just as we were celebrating a mini horde of around 5 walkers showed up, so we led them into the pit and let the bear do the work for us. We just stood on the edge watching the bear mauling them. Will be interesting to see if the bear will respawn somewhere else. Might need a few bears for the horde tho.

We have a few other ideas that we are working on too.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Well... Head shot my wife and then then a zombie behind her with back to back head shots. Felt like Legolas who just said "oops!". totally a coop game with the only PK for weeks in game... My nephew resolved that with his apt use of pipe bombs... When we realized that the pipe bomb dropping at your feet bug waaaaaaaaasn't quite perfect yet...

• 1 month later...

A Plan for tomorrow, hoard 27 and I have over 100 fuel barrels, plan is to Nerd Pole up 3 or 4 blocks a stick a barrel on top, hoping it will kill zombies and not do block damage (I don't want to patch in Craters). I think it might work like a Fuel Air Bomb, shock wave does the killing! Also might try placing a land mine next to them to work as a trigger or I can shoot them as needed. Anyone ever try this?

I'd suggest placing doors under the red barrels.

I'm thinking about building a zombie cannon on top of a cliff and measuring how far I can launch them.

I'll use doors to lead them up stairs to a drop chute into a holding chamber. Getting them to stay in the chamber without jamming the steel barrel-tunnel will be the tricky part. Behind them will be the fuel charges, with built in grate to light the fuse with a rifle.

If I get the geometry right, I could make it rain.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

underground tree chopping

I was in a cave standing on a chair mining stalactites from the ceiling. A dog senses me and comes to my location outside above my head. I listen to him growl and bark for a moment and decide he can't get at me. I continue mining the stalactites, but one of them won't crumble and I discover I'm harvesting wood. I realize there is a tree directly above the stalactite and I'm chopping it from below. I figure once the tree is gone I can get the stalactite so I keep chopping. Well, I hear the tree fall and then I hear the death howl of the dog. True story.

Drop a building on them

I set up in front of my camp a line of wooden spikes which was in front of a three story building. I placed TNT on the wall in three spots on the outside and place three on the inner wall of the building. When the Seven day came I shot the TNT in the middle and dropped the building on top of 6 zombies at once. It was pretty cool to see the building fall on them.

Not much creative but a good story

For heads up i play on insane plus max spawn .

Its was getting late its horde day and i lost track of time and day , was on my mini bike long way from home while heading back to HQ the hordes screams as they approached like front liners freakedout big timer tried to avoid hitting them but their massive numbers did not agree ended up hitting johny big forced the mini bike to stop i tried to back of for an escape but the horde already swarmed me all i have is my cross bow and a machete all my armor and fire arms are at the battle bridge near HQ got a heavey hit from a feral while am on bike jumped out luckly i was out of their ring , given that chance i start running to free up some space for my mini bike plan worked....(eventually)

Creative kill here kinda:

Getting near my battle bridge (its multiple defense lines on a bridge)

Facing 1 sprinter coming my way I immediately hopped of my mini bike with my cross bow sprinting towards him shot him in the leg cuzing him to kneel then i quickly switched to my machete taking his head of the moment we reached piont of contact (felt like a trick shot cuz the controls a very hard on console for such a measure) after that without stopping i ran for the heavy multi doors took a while to open and the hoard behind me start reaching

I closed the first door with a relief but one somehow glitched through freaked the hell out of me i wouldnt mind it if it wasnt a feral he hit stuned me i hit stuned him back giving me some time recover to run 2nd defensive line i start running closing the door behind me and he glitched right through it again and again and again til we reach end of the line I know i had to face him one on one

am telling you getting trapped with a feral on insane is not fun luckly i was the last man standing its about to get no one else standing cuz i was bleeding to death i have nothing on me but scavenged stuff health is 30 i start scavenging nurses looking for nurses and others only found pain killers took em out of panic hoping i delay death health is 20 start look in my crates for any thing useful but no use i walked out of my base waiting for the sun to rise along my soul that moment i know its gonna be over accepting it with a smile becuase i know i was fighting for it i was 0 death about to go 1 my health 10 getting lower here is the funny part my character start complaining about the heat and i was -.- then i went yeah sure lets die comfortably i took some of the clothes off then i realized its clothes ..... i immediately scraped them for clothes making bandges and my health is 3 2 used the bandage 1 the bleeding has stopped

I never felt so intense while playing as much as those moments

We live to fight to die another day

• 3 weeks later...

so we had a game a few days ago where one ally stumbled upon a bear and started running and shouting for help after the bear had noticed him, as it was chasing him and he was running towards us he happened across a roaming horde and kited the bear into the the middle of horde. by the time the bear had taken out its aggression on the mini horde the rest of had shown up to find a bear at like 10% health or so and a pile of zombie corpses and our buddy still running litteraly in circles which made the bear stupid easy to kill. we are now debating and testing the mechanics of how to 'domesticate' bears for our own defense. or atleast how to efficently drag a few back towards the base to chill outside the walls on horde nite lol

Archived