A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

Update (7/20/17)

+Buffs

To compensate for the increased stamina usage of tools which is far less than current vanilla mind you, I have opted to:

-Increased stamina gain from drinking coffee to 3 stamina per second from 2

-Increased stamina gain from drinking beer to 3 stamina per second from 2

-Increased stamina gain from drinking grain alcohol to 3 stamina per second from 2

Update (7/20/17)

+Progression

-Reduced Mining Tools experience required per level from 10000 to 6000

-Reduced Player Level experience required per level to account for mining tools adjustment

+Items

-Reduced experience gained from reading How Mining Works Skill book to 3000 exp half of 1 full mining level ( it takes two books to level up any skill by one full level, books must be read manually by using the book from the tool belt not by clicking the hotkey from your inventory or by clicking the hotkey from your tool belt!)

-All mining tools will now be equal in regards to experience gained based off of there swing speed and delay ( this was not accounted for previously, I also previously did not have the proper bonus action experience taken into account when doing my calculations and the default values caused me to miscalculate. This has all been rectified.)

These changes will not take effect until you gain your next level in mining tools, they do not dynamically update until you level up.

Update (7/20/17)

+Progression

-Reduced Mining Tools experience required per level from 10000 to 6000

-Reduced Player Level experience required per level to account for mining tools adjustment

+Items

-Reduced experience gained from reading How Mining Works Skill book to 3000 exp half of 1 full mining level ( it takes two books to level up any skill by one full level, books must be read manually by using the book from the tool belt not by clicking the hotkey from your inventory or by clicking the hotkey from your tool belt!)

-All mining tools will now be equal in regards to experience gained based off of there swing speed and delay ( this was not accounted for previously, I also previously did not have the proper bonus action experience taken into account when doing my calculations and the default values caused me to miscalculate. This has all been rectified.)

These changes will not take effect until you gain your next level in mining tools, they do not dynamically update until you level up.

Great news!

Seriously, a composter brings now electronic stuff? thats more for a fantasy game :) After looting a composter it sets not back to the first state.

now I understand the difference between iron and iron. If you make one iron at the forge you need one iron, but if you smelt it you get 5 iron... Thats maybe the reason for the difference in vanilla.

You need to be specific with this Idk what you mean ther are many types of iron, there are units of iron, forged iron and scrap iron.

Forged Iron has 10 weight each = 2 Scrap iron which have 5 weight each = 10 units of iron in the forge which have 1 weight each.

I did check my files to make sure everything is correct and it all appears to be, I hope I did not create an exploit that is easy to do with putting wrong weight values or recipe ingredients.

Update (7/21/17)

+Blocks

-Fixed Mushroom Harvestable will no longer return itself upon harvesting

-Fixed Composter loot list ID

-Fixed Dew Collector loot list ID

+Rwgmixer

-Finally perfected the terrain generation and this is going to be the terrain generation i will be sticking with forever, I finally turned that flat land into perfect rolling hills and added a tiny bit of variance to land levels so not everything feels like its on the same plane.

You need to be specific with this Idk what you mean ther are many types of iron, there are units of iron, forged iron and scrap iron.

Forged Iron has 10 weight each = 2 Scrap iron which have 5 weight each = 10 units of iron in the forge which have 1 weight each.

I did check my files to make sure everything is correct and it all appears to be, I hope I did not create an exploit that is easy to do with putting wrong weight values or recipe ingredients.

What I mean is, if you produce one Iron - not forged iron, just iron, you need 1 iron for it in the forge. If you take this one and smelt it in the forge again, you get 5 iron for it. So it's infinite. The symbol in the forge is the vanilla one and you get an iron with the scrap iron symbol.

Update (7/21/17)

+Blocks

-Fixed Mushroom Harvestable will no longer return itself upon harvesting

-Fixed Composter loot list ID

-Fixed Dew Collector loot list ID

+Rwgmixer

-Finally perfected the terrain generation and this is going to be the terrain generation i will be sticking with forever, I finally turned that flat land into perfect rolling hills and added a tiny bit of variance to land levels so not everything feels like its on the same plane.

Sweet! glad you got it to your liking :) Told you it can be a pain :p

*Really close to figuring out how exactly the weather works right now (buggy as it is) and how to set it to make it work so ppl can actually get it to be somewhat under control to how they want it*

Sweet! glad you got it to your liking :) Told you it can be a pain :p

*Really close to figuring out how exactly the weather works right now (buggy as it is) and how to set it to make it work so ppl can actually get it to be somewhat under control to how they want it*

Yeah after many hours of testing and tweaking I went from making flat rolling hills without mountains to large spikes that shot up into the sky looked like something out of a movie lol, I can now manipulate your code and know what each part of it will control now at least. and I can pretty much make any type of world with it as well. I can control the slope of mountains, how high they are, how much water and size of lakes everything. You code works perfect!

What I mean is, if you produce one Iron - not forged iron, just iron, you need 1 iron for it in the forge. If you take this one and smelt it in the forge again, you get 5 iron for it. So it's infinite. The symbol in the forge is the vanilla one and you get an iron with the scrap iron symbol.

Fixed! Thanks narimbur!

- - - Updated - - -

Update (7/21/17)

+Recipes

-Fixed scrap iron exploit, crafted at the forge now costs 5 units of iron

- - - Updated - - -

Clockwork, do you happen to have a version of this without the watch UI? I do enjoy the idea of it just I prefer a more simple hud thats transparent... But I still would love to use your mod as it really is pretty sick!

No not atm I do not but I am still working on other UI versions, hope you can put up with the watch for now. :)

Great news!

Seriously, a composter brings now electronic stuff? thats more for a fantasy game :) After looting a composter it sets not back to the first state.

Lol ok so your composter will now downgrade properly after opening and closing it, I had the wrong loot list ID attached to it so it was A: giving the wrong loot and B: was not destroying on close. So its all fixed up now just open the container and close it and it will downgrade back to stage 1

may it would be a good idea to change 50 steel for a claim block to 100 forge iron

Sure I guess, I dont use claim blocks, but I have to consider what people think that run this mod on servers too. That is where it will have more of an impact. Maybe once I get some more peoples opinions on it I might change it.

Sure I guess, I dont use claim blocks, but I have to consider what people think that run this mod on servers too. That is where it will have more of an impact. Maybe once I get some more peoples opinions on it I might change it.

I'm also playing just in SP. But you need the block to pick up your workbenches, electrical stuff aso. If you don't have one building the electrical environment is not so funny.

just starting a new game with the new rwg mixer. Very nice landscapes. Teleporting around and found many little towns and also some bigger ones. But skyscrapers are very rare. Is this indented?

I know, I just changed it to steel because for on servers its the best I could think of for anti griefing by making less accessible from the start.

At least now if someone joins a server they have to invest a fair amount of time into it before they can craft them. Dont want people placing them down around other peoples bases preventing them from expanding.

I know, I just changed it to steel because for on servers its the best I could think of for anti griefing by making less accessible from the start.

At least now if someone joins a server they have to invest a fair amount of time into it before they can craft them. Dont want people placing them down around other peoples bases preventing them from expanding.

Thats why i always keep LCB to steel for mats

Update (7/21/17)

+Biomes

-Adjusted biome weather similar to what Tin has done only I kept the vanilla temperature gradients for each biome, only things that were changed was fog, precipitation, cloudiness, and wind

+Weathersurvival

-Removed temperature changes at different heights due to the fact that I do not base my biomes off of height they all get painted equally across the terrain, for eg there are large desert mountains and large forest mountains and large snow mountains so I can not use height as a factor for weather survival

-All other aspects of weather survival remain the same as vanilla (truly balancing this would take me hours and would have to adjust clothing stats as well, not to mention the fact that weather survival needs a rework as a whole in general)

Update (7/22/17)

+Items

-Added missing hygiene modifier when being attacked you will now get dirtier when getting struck by zombies

-Changed steel polish material to organic

+Recipes

-Changed cordage recipe at the tailoring table no longer requires a sewing machine

-Changed skill books now require 3 schematic pages instead of 2

+Blocks

-Changed garbage bags will now give scrap plastics when destroyed

+Entityclasses

-Added immunity to sickness, disease, bleeding, wellness to minibike

+Loot

-Added steel Polish to cupboards and working stiff tool crates

Update (7/21/17)

+Rwgmixer

Curious what seed name you are using to get your perfect map setup. I have tried several but I am not getting much in the way of big cities.

Thanks!!!

Curious what seed name you are using to get your perfect map setup. I have tried several but I am not getting much in the way of big cities.

Thanks!!!

I was using the seed Clockwork, and if you wish you can crank up the probability chance for large cities to spawn by changing this part:

EDIT: I have updated the new Rwgmixer to now allow for full city generation without impedance while still maintaining the rolling hills and variance in land.

Archived