Unofficial XML Fixes

Clockwork Orange

1, In the Localization.txt there is the Leather Jacket Schematic. Name should be Leather Chest Armor.

Line 954 and 955:

leatherJacketSchematic,items,Item Book,,Leather Chest Armor Schematic,,
leatherJacketSchematicDesc,items,Item Book,,Learn how to craft leather chest armor by reading this schematic.,,

2, In the items.xml there is the unit_stone item with 1464 id. When we look into the forge we see the icon of the stone is wrong, it is cobblestone instead of stone.

Line 7198:

<property name="CustomIcon" value="rockSmall" />

3, This is optional, but more logic than original recipe and others already complained about it. The bacon and eggs recipe should need cooking pot instead of cooking grill.

Line 313:

<recipe name="baconAndEggs" count="1" scrapable="False" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="cookingPot">

Update (4/3/16)

Version 2.97

+Localization

Fixed Leather jacket and leather pants schematic to say Chest Armor and Leg Armor

+Items

unit_stone: Fixed <property name="CustomIcon" value="rockSmall" /> <--- From cobblestones

+Loot

sniperRifleSchematic: Fixed added missing schematic to militaryWeaponParts loot group

Thanks for posting guys!

Hmm, the localization file looks partially like an older version, the lines at the end are missing (the new additions with A14.3)

Whoops used wrong file, its fixed now, thanks for posting Puschpa!

- - - Updated - - -

Update (4/3/16)

Version 2.98

+Localization

Updated file to A14.3

i looked u spawning.xml file to learn make 7 day hordes spawn later than day 49 and i notice that u have not put more than 300 zombies in those spawns..is there some reason why u not put like 1000 for very late game?

Issues can happen when you try to spawn too many zombies especially on servers, my fixes are to remain as true to the vanilla game as possible and not make any actual modification other than to fix things and since the max horde amount was 300 I simply replicated it and extended the hordes to spawn for as long as I could stand to copy and paste and go over each number. :)

If anyone wants to increase the spawn amounts you can easily do that for yourselves as well.

one question about that spawning.xml still.

if i change that file middle of our server, can it work without errors?

So long as you change it between horde nights it should be fine, if you try changing right before a horde will spawn it could cause some issues with either not spawning the horde or not spawning it properly but you wont get any errors either way.

So long as you change it between horde nights it should be fine, if you try changing right before a horde will spawn it could cause some issues with either not spawning the horde or not spawning it properly but you wont get any errors either way.

ok. thats i think also. thank you for confirm that :)

Clockwork Orange,

I seem to be having an issue and really haven't had time cycles to determine exactly what is causing it.

Everyone on my server, when they log out, gets a console popup with a null ref error. And at that point the only option is to end task on 7d2d.

I have just done some simple tasks. I removed all MOD's, and this does not occur.

When adding back my MOD's it only seems to occur when I re-add the XML Fixes.

MOD's I am running besides the XML Fixes:

Compo-Pack

MegaCity

Origin UI

Looking in the output I didnt seen anything that waved its hand as the issue.

My next plan is to just add a piece at a time for the XML fixes to see if I can narrow it down.

I just wanted to post about what I am seeing to find out if anyone else is experiencing this.

Ive seen post in the 14 update threads mentioning they are getting NullRef errors on occasion, so not sure if It is just a roll of the dice, and not the addition / change of the xml files.

As always, your work and talents are appreciated. Thank you.

Clockwork Orange,

I seem to be having an issue and really haven't had time cycles to determine exactly what is causing it.

Everyone on my server, when they log out, gets a console popup with a null ref error. And at that point the only option is to end task on 7d2d.

I have just done some simple tasks. I removed all MOD's, and this does not occur.

When adding back my MOD's it only seems to occur when I re-add the XML Fixes.

MOD's I am running besides the XML Fixes:

Compo-Pack

MegaCity

Origin UI

Looking in the output I didnt seen anything that waved its hand as the issue.

My next plan is to just add a piece at a time for the XML fixes to see if I can narrow it down.

I just wanted to post about what I am seeing to find out if anyone else is experiencing this.

Ive seen post in the 14 update threads mentioning they are getting NullRef errors on occasion, so not sure if It is just a roll of the dice, and not the addition / change of the xml files.

As always, your work and talents are appreciated. Thank you.

Whoops I think I accidentally forgot to save the changes I made to the Loot file.

Everything should be fixed now.

Thanks for posting!

- - - Updated - - -

Update (4/8/16)

Version 3.01

+Loot

Fixed re-updated to A14.5

Well, thank you for the follow up, but I may of spoke too soon in pointing to the XML fixes.

After my last post, I just ran with the Compo-Pack and MegaCity and I then got the null ref errors.

I saw your update, and so just for giggles I added it and still got the Null Ref on logout.

I must admit, previously when I was looking at the output file I was.... looking in the wrong place. I was looking at the server's output.:anonymous:

Below are what I found on the output on my PC.

To my eyes, it looks like issues with sound, and that may be why it was hit and miss (but always seemed to hit when I added the XML fixes).

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at AudioManager.AudioManager.Play (.Entity _entity, Vector3 _position, System.String _soundName, Int32 _index, Boolean _localOnly, Int32 _queueAfter, Int32 _networkPlayID, Single _delay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AudioManager.AudioManager.Play (.Entity _entity, System.String _soundName, Int32 _index, Boolean _localOnly, Int32 _queueAfter, Int32 _networkPlayID, Single _delay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at Entity.PlayLocalSound (System.String clipName, Int32 soundIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at Entity.PlayLocalOneShot (System.String clipName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at EntityAlive.playStepSound (System.String stepSound) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at EntityAlive.internalPlayStepSound () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at EntityAlive.PlayStepSound () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AnimationEventBridge.PlayStepSound () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

at AudioManager.AudioManager.Play (.Entity _entity, Vector3 _position, System.String _soundName, Int32 _index, Boolean _localOnly, Int32 _queueAfter, Int32 _networkPlayID, Single _delay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AudioManager.AudioManager.Play (.Entity _entity, System.String _soundName, Int32 _index, Boolean _localOnly, Int32 _queueAfter, Int32 _networkPlayID, Single _delay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at Entity.PlayLocalSound (System.String clipName, Int32 soundIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at Entity.PlayLocalOneShot (System.String clipName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at EntityAlive.playStepSound (System.String stepSound) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Yeah I dont thing those errors have anything to do with any mods and are a problem with the base game, it is probably best to post the output log with a description of your NRE in the bug section in hopes TFP can sort it out.

Thanks for the feedback. I have now posted the bug over there.

Hello,

I think that changelog:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CapjdXqhhaaNGSVzTlb563Sx2mxF7gjge0ZtKs0XvWE/edit

Or the changes are out of date...

For example:

+Entityclasses

zombieUMAfemale:

Fixed removed duplicate code:

<property name="Mesh" value="Zombies/zombie01Ragdoll" />

No there anymore in vanilla xml.

+Prefabs

barn_01: Fixed <property name="StaticSpawner.Class" value="Dog_Sm_Territorial" /> From SpawnCrawlersDogs <--This does not exist!

barn_02: Fixed <property name="StaticSpawner.Class" value="Dog_Sm_Territorial" /> From SpawnCrawlersDogs

barn_03: Fixed <property name="StaticSpawner.Class" value="Dog_Sm_Territorial" /> From SpawnCrawlersDogs

cabin_02_sm: Fixed <property name="StaticSpawner.Class" value="SpawnSmall" /> From SpawnSpawn

Also not there in vanilla xmls...

Hello,

I think that changelog:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CapjdXqhhaaNGSVzTlb563Sx2mxF7gjge0ZtKs0XvWE/edit

Or the changes are out of date...

For example:

+Entityclasses

zombieUMAfemale:

Fixed removed duplicate code:

No there anymore in vanilla xml.

+Prefabs

barn_01: Fixed <property name="StaticSpawner.Class" value="Dog_Sm_Territorial" /> From SpawnCrawlersDogs <--This does not exist!

barn_02: Fixed <property name="StaticSpawner.Class" value="Dog_Sm_Territorial" /> From SpawnCrawlersDogs

barn_03: Fixed <property name="StaticSpawner.Class" value="Dog_Sm_Territorial" /> From SpawnCrawlersDogs

cabin_02_sm: Fixed <property name="StaticSpawner.Class" value="SpawnSmall" /> From SpawnSpawn

Also not there in vanilla xmls...

Yup they are still there in vanilla,

<property name="Mesh" value="Zombies/zombieStandardBoeRagdoll" />

both present still

Prefabs I do have to update since they changed it to SpawnSmall and the barns are supposed to spawn dogs Dog_Sm_Territorial

The cabin is all good now though so I can remove that but no big deal basically replacing the file with no changes :)

Update (4/9/16)

Version 3.03

+Spawning

Removed broken wrap code from wandering hordes ( Since I have already manually specified wandering hordes up until day 756 there is no need for the wrap code to be present anyways )

This should fix endless zombie spawning but needs to be tested.

Worst case scenario is that it does not fix anything and you wont notice any difference, this change will not affect anything poorly since I have already specified roaming horde days up to day 756

Archived