Unofficial XML Fixes

Clockwork Orange

A 17 Fixes all found and reported XML mistakes, exploits and errors!

A17 Discussion Starts Here!

Message to modders, please feel free to use these files as base files to mod off of so that everyone can have a properly fixed game, no need to ask any permission!

Install Instructions:

Easiest way for me to explain this is step by step for dummies (not an insult you know what I mean!):

1. Right click your steam.exe on your desktop

2. Click on open File location

3. Open steamapps folder

4. Open common folder

5. Open 7 Days To Die folder

6. Open Data folder

7. Open Config folder

8. Copy all fixed files and replace them with the files found inside the Config folder.

9. Enjoy!

Or depending on what drive / folder you installed steam on this is the most likely example for the file path.

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config

I will be posting this so that everyone can have a fully fixed game that is up to date for each alpha!.

Please review my changelog, these are the changes that still need to be addressed!

Full Changelog: HERE!

Please If anyone has any further fixes to add to the list, do feel free to leave it hear as I will continue to maintain this mod page throughout each update, lets lighten the load for TFP until they can properly merge all of these fixes!

A17 Download!

Some things that I have read or seen that may be considered as missing are the following:

Missing rwgGenerationType="all" for oilDeposit in biomes.xml

Many blocks like the GreenMetal have Extend properties and even though the original block has a repair property it doesn't extend so needs to be added separately for each block. (blocks.xml)

FatZombieCop has duplicate entries for weight and push factor. (entityclasses.xml)

Zombie dog missing weight and immunities (as it does not use extend properly like other zombies)

Snow Zombie (lumberjacks) need loot list 66.

Paper Weight to 1 to allow for scrapping of recipe books to be more than 3 paper. (items.xml)

Only one schematic has ActioneXP and BonusMultipler values to gain Exp when read multiple times.

Not All weapons have ActionXP and BonusMultiplier.

Hide Leather Leg needs to be Layer 3 and Hide Chest Armor needs to be layer 2 to not override certain items.

rocketcase should be rocketCasing.

Loot list 63 should have a count of at least 0,1 to allow a possibilty of herbalrecipes to drop (loot.xml)

Many values in Progression.xml do not give any benefit: 76,99 give the same number value. (progression.xml)

Update (1/4/16)

+Biomes

-Fixed Oil Deposit <resource blockname="oilDeposit" cluster="2" prob="0.1" rwgGenerationType="all" />

+Blocks

-Fixed added repair items to extended blocks since extensions do not carry over the repair item code

-Fixed added repair items to blocks without extensions

-The list of blocks that were fixed is far to long to post so you will have to download and check the changelog, even the changelog does not show all of the blocks cause there were too many to copy and paste, you can use this website to compare this xml with the vanilla one if you wish http://www.corefiling.com/opensource/xmldiff.html but almost all blocks now have a repair value except some blocks that use a material of stone that I decided to leave those alone for now and ther emay be a few her or there that I missed but I did almost all of them.

+Entityclasses:

-fatzombiecop: Fixed removed duplicate copy paste code for <property name="Weight" value="70" /> <property name="PushFactor" value="20" />

-zombiedog: added missing properties: <property name="Immunity" value="sickness;disease;bleeding;wellness" /> <property name="Weight" value="70" />

-snowzombie: Fixed added missing properties: <property name="LootListOnDeath" value="66" />

Items:

-Paper fixed weight value to 1

-Shovel Fixed stamina usage is now 5 instead of 8

-Stone Shovel Fixed stamina usage is now 4 instead of 8

+Loot

-Fixed loot container for herbal antibiotics recipe should now drop <lootcontainer id="63" count="0,1"

+Progression

-Fixed missing numerical value for skills <multiply skill_level="76,99" value="1.26, 1.5"/>

Im not too sure about the layers for the clothing so I have left those alone for now until i can test it properly

Also I will leave it up to TFP to decide what they want to do about the ActionXP and BonusMultiplier since I have no problems leveling up now as it is and I dont believe that they will keep it so that rereading books adds to your experience.

And I found no problems with <item id="846" name="rocketCasing">?

And I found no problems with <item id="846" name="rocketCasing">?

Sorry I wasn't more specific because I forgot where I saw it and figured you may do a search. After validating files to find it the problem is under the schematics:

<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="rocketLauncher,rocket,rocketCase,rocketTip" />

You will not learn the rocketcasing as it is misspelt.

The following is only found under hammerSchematic. Not sure why it would be the only book with this value and why TFP would take away the inability to read a book more than once if not to allow for additional exp on reading it again.

<property name="ActionExp" value="100"/>
<property name="ActionExpBonusMultiplier" value="10"/>

Update (1/5/16)

Items:

-Fixed rocketLauncherSchematic mispelling of <property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="rocketLauncher,rocket,rocketCasing,rocketTip" />

As for ActionExp and ActionExpBonusMultiplier I refuse to add these to every schematic as I fear I will inadvertently cause reading books to become overpowered same with weapons and tools, the default value for these is 1 and 1 if no code is present as far as I know anyways so its not entirely useless. This is one thing I am going to have to let TFP decide on what they think is best and hope they address it soon.

Thanks for posting! :)

Update (1/5/16)

This is one thing I am going to have to let TFP decide on what they think is best and hope they address it soon.

Definately have to agree with you there. Was just pointing it out in case the Pimps do read this or others who wonder why the books can be read multiple times but give no exp. Was a lot of tweaking I had to do to make sure each book gave the same exp amount as those with many recipes would give 6 levels if left at 100 and 10.

(Update 1/6/16)

+Spawning

Fixed increased zombie spawns for biomes <spawn maxcount="3" respawndelay="4" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" /> From -->maxcount="1"

RoamingHordeSpawnDay Fixed changed <property name="Time" value="Day" /> from -->"Any"

RoamingHordeSpawnDay Fixed add roaming day hoards will now spawn up to day 99

RoamingHordeSpawnNight Fixed changed <property name="Time" value="Night" /> from -->"Any"

RoamingHordeSpawnNight Fixed add roaming night hoards will now spawn up to day 99

NightHorde Fixed 7 day feral hoards will now spawn every 7 days forever!

HordeMeterDynamicSpawnDay Fixed changed <property name="Time" value="Day" /> from -->"Any"

HordeMeterDynamicSpawnNight Fixed changed <property name="Time" value="Night" /> from -->"Any"

+Loot

Fixed toilet loot container size to 2 x 2

Mostly a great job. Mostly because some of the fixes are not fixes, but changes. I would use the files otherwise. Still thank you for the effort, I do appreciate it. :-)

I am assuming you are referring to the loot container size of the toilet, that is definitely a fix and not just a change.

or the slight increase to zombies for the biomes since they are broken and hardly exist on the map and 7 day hordes no longer stop spawning at one point is a fix and not just a change.

or the fact that digging with a shovel eats up far too much stamina compared to mining with a pick axe that I toned it down from 8 to 6 is a fix not just a change.

or am I wrong and should I just let those changes stay they way they were originally?

Couple more fixes you should consider adding to items.xml:

- Scrap Armor (boots, gloves, etc.) should be repairable with ScrapIron (Currently needs forged iron)

- SteelPickaxe should be repairable with ForgedSteel (Currently needs forged iron)

- - - Updated - - -

I am assuming you are referring to the loot container size of the toilet, that is definitely a fix and not just a change.

or the slight increase to zombies for the biomes since they are broken and hardly exist on the map and 7 day hordes no longer stop spawning at one point is a fix and not just a change.

or the fact that digging with a shovel eats up far too much stamina compared to mining with a pick axe that I toned it down from 8 to 6 is a fix not just a change.

or am I wrong and should I just let those changes stay they way they were originally?

I agree with those fixes. Toilet is way to large compared to other containers. I also agree with the digging stamina change and the increase in zombies; however, I can see how some would think that is not a fix.

Update (1/6/16)

+Items:

pickaxeSteel Fixed can now be repaired with forgedSteel instead of forged iron

scrapBoots Fixed can now be repaired with scrap iron instead of forged iron

scrapLegArmor Fixed can now be repaied with scrap iron instead of forged iron

scrapChestArmor Fixed can now be repaired with scrap iron instead of forged iron

scrapHelmet Fixed can now be repaired with scrap iron instead of forged iron

scrapGloves Fixed can now be repaired with scrap iron instead of forged iron

More of a balancing / OCD issue... =)

Many clothing items had no use / craft action skill set. (kevlar helmets sure look like heavy armor to me and those denim pants or bandanas have a striking resemblance to cloth)

I added those and reduced the max value of ArmorDefense to 1.5 to account for overall better armor.

<effect name="ArmorDefense">

<multiply skill_level="1,5" value="1,1.07" />

<multiply skill_level="6,10" value="1.08,1.12" />

<multiply skill_level="11,20" value="1.13,1.19" />

<multiply skill_level="21,25" value="1.2,1.22" />

<multiply skill_level="26,45" value="1.23,1.32" />

<multiply skill_level="46,70" value="1.32,1.41" />

<multiply skill_level="71,100" value="1.41,1.5" />

</effect>

As a bug stuff like that is waaay down on the hit list. =)

More of a balancing / OCD issue... =)

Many clothing items had no use / craft action skill set. (kevlar helmets sure look like heavy armor to me and those denim pants or bandanas have a striking resemblance to cloth)

I added those and reduced the max value of ArmorDefense to 1.5 to account for overall better armor.

<effect name="ArmorDefense">

<multiply skill_level="1,5" value="1,1.07" />

<multiply skill_level="6,10" value="1.08,1.12" />

<multiply skill_level="11,20" value="1.13,1.19" />

<multiply skill_level="21,25" value="1.2,1.22" />

<multiply skill_level="26,45" value="1.23,1.32" />

<multiply skill_level="46,70" value="1.32,1.41" />

<multiply skill_level="71,100" value="1.41,1.5" />

</effect>

As a bug stuff like that is waaay down on the hit list. =)

Is this something I should change, I would like more input on this.

The campfire block has two "destroy" properties. One looks a bit weird and probably shouldn't be there, but doesn't seem to cause any issues.

After doing a quick test if you destroy the campfire with the iron axe you get 4 stones if this code is present <drop event="Destroy" name="[recipe]" count="1" /> and it will override the other code as far as I know since it comes afte the previous code <drop event="Destroy" count="0" />

so IDk which to remove I guess it doesn't really matter but it is the only block that uses that code <drop event="Destroy" name="[recipe]" count="1" /> and the one other block that has it is the desk02 and it is commented out.

Either way I think it is safe to say that getting stones returned for breaking a campfire is a non issue and I will probably just remove that code since it is the only block with that code in use.

I was indeed referring to those changes, although fixing the 7:th night hordes isn't a change, but an actual fix in my mind. Fixing broken things and things the pimps have acknowledged is fine to me, but changing things just because one thinks they are not right is not. This is just my opinion again. Not trying to put down the mod at all, or trying to offend you or anybody else.

:-) Making a collection of fixes and making it downloadable for others is very important, and commendable. Thank you for that. :-)

I was indeed referring to those changes, although fixing the 7:th night hordes isn't a change, but an actual fix in my mind. Fixing broken things and things the pimps have acknowledged is fine to me, but changing things just because one thinks they are not right is not. This is just my opinion again. Not trying to put down the mod at all, or trying to offend you or anybody else.

:-) Making a collection of fixes and making it downloadable for others is very important, and commendable. Thank you for that. :-)

No offense taken I appreciate the feedback, however those changes I feel will never be "acknowledged" as fixes by TFP so someone will have to take the liberty to do so otherwise we will be stuck with broken mechanics that are not "acknowledged" as broken.

A good example is the post made by Gaz about the armor defense numbers needing adjusting, I have yet to decide to make those changes as I do not understand fully how they effect the armor and need more feedback on that matter specifically.

The main problem is that those types of changes are not going to be on any priority list for TFP to fix as they have much bigger fish to fry when it comes to bug fixes than simple xml fixes.

What should be done? Should I change the zombie per biome back to 1 instead of 3, for eg? I fear that if I do this then settings for zombie spawning might not have any effect since they are stated as percentage based for eg very high is 150% so having them set to anything lower than 2 will result in no change when adjusting those settings in game (except for hoards).

And toilet loot container is a non issue and should not matter either way but does feel like more of a "fix" in the end anyways.

one change that has been made for awhile is the change of the fireaxe to be a mining tool rather than bladed weapon as everyone seems to have no issue with that as being considered a fix simply because it is a tool and not a weapon, that is what the machete is for. And the fireaxe should scale block damage rather than entity.

The only change I have made that might be considered a bit questionable is the stamina drain of shovels and I can change that back but everyone should be able to admit that those adjustments are more of a fix than just a change as well (just like the fireaxe change) when compared to mining.

Great work.

Though I believe there is one problem with some of the blocks.

You have some blocks set to repair using "shortMetalPipe" but there is no repair item set to be able to repair with it. Wouldn't this make it impossible to repair them?

I was unsure so I set those repairs to use scrapIron instead.

Great work.

Though I believe there is one problem with some of the blocks.

You have some blocks set to repair using "shortMetalPipe" but there is no repair item set to be able to repair with it. Wouldn't this make it impossible to repair them?

I was unsure so I set those repairs to use scrapIron instead.

I have just tested the rebar frame and solid rebar frame as they require short metal pipes to be repaired and they repair fine using a wrench or stone axe... So no need to make any changes, :)

However I did notice that repairing the wall oven should probably be changed to scrap iron instead and I forgot to add repair value to regular old style oven and have updated accordingly.

now the only things that require short metal pipes to repair is the different rebar blocks.

Archived