Weird modding problems

I have 2 weird modding problems;

1.) I can't get any UI mod to do much. I've tried SMX, that just seems to kinda break the game, like, it doesn't ever finish loading. SteelUI, Lams UI and AGF seem to do nothing, and Scomar82 hud just shows enemy health bars when they're close enough.

2.)I was using a multiple skill points mod, and I want to stop, but even with the mod removed, I'm still getting 3 points per level.

I already did a full uninstall and reinstall, so unless I didn't delete it hard enough, I don't think that'll help, and verifying integrity of game files didn't actually accomplish anything; it did find a small missing file, but nothing changed after that was fixed. I've now gotten rid of all my mods just to try and make any progress, but these 2 things persist. It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact I'm using the experimental version, would it?

Make sure you are removing mods from the correct location.  For example, if you happen to use the Vortex Mod Launcher, it changes where mods are stored and you have to remove them from that location.  You can open your log and it'll tell you what mods are being loaded near the top of it.  In fact, it would be useful if you posted your log.  You can find instructions for doing that in the pinned thread in General Support.

As far as the UI mods, I'll leave that to someone who knows those mods, but it could be that they are not updated to work with 1.1 EXP and even if they were updated for 1.0 (not sure if they were or not), they still might not work in 1.1 if there were changes that affect those mods.  But being in experimental will not prevent you from removing a mod.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

No log file so we can't assist you.  There are possible many reasons why a mod is not working properly, but anything we state to look at is just a shot in the dark.

The skills mod would stop working if you did remove the mod and started a new game.  If you are still seeing 3 points per level, then you probably have another version of the mod where it is pulling the code changes from.

19 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

No log file so we can't assist you.  There are possible many reasons why a mod is not working properly, but anything we state to look at is just a shot in the dark.

The skills mod would stop working if you did remove the mod and started a new game.  If you are still seeing 3 points per level, then you probably have another version of the mod where it is pulling the code changes from.

Shoulda thought to post that, my bad. Here you are. This is after I tried cleaning game settings. 

https://pastebin.com/raw/8p9ykeLK

Edited by SylenThunder
Removed wall of text (see edit history)

I have take a look in your output log. So i can see, you have many different HUD Mods in your Modfolder, you should only put 1 in the modsfolder not more. If there are two or more HUD/UI Mods in the Modsfolder this would be cause issues.

You can check which mods are running while in game. Open the console (F1) and type version then hit enter. Will give you a list of mods running. If your points mod shows up then it is still running.

If not there is another copy of a progression.xml file changed in one of your other mods that also changed the points.

I don't recall ever having to start a new game when I have just changed the skill points I get.

Your log shows the more skill points per level loading, so you will still get more points per level.

Also that stacks mod is saying it is version 1.0 but it hasn’t been updated in ages.  It is looking for things like empty jars (removed in Alpha 21) and grain alcohol was removed Alpha 20.  I be leery of any mod claiming to be updated but actually are not.