WalkerSim 2 (Beta)

ZehMatt

5 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi ZehMatt

Thanks for sharing this great mod.
Since beta 4 and beta 5, I'm having this error.

2024-08-20T22:38:25 886.572 ERR [MODS] Error while executing GameStartDone on mod "WalkerSim"
2024-08-20T22:38:25 886.624 EXC Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) [0x00009] in <467a840a914a47078e4ae9b0b1e8779e>:0 
  at WalkerSim.Simulation.SetupProcessors () [0x0023f] in <7b58cbeb6093445ab611cba1723343ed>:0 
  at WalkerSim.Simulation.Reset (WalkerSim.Vector3 worldMins, WalkerSim.Vector3 worldMaxs, WalkerSim.Config config) [0x00069] in <7b58cbeb6093445ab611cba1723343ed>:0 
  at WalkerSim.WalkerSimMod.InitializeSimWorld () [0x00056] in <7b58cbeb6093445ab611cba1723343ed>:0 
  at WalkerSim.WalkerSimMod.GameStartDone () [0x0001d] in <7b58cbeb6093445ab611cba1723343ed>:0 
  at ModEvent.Invoke () [0x00011] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
ModEventAbs`1:LogError(Exception, Receiver)
ModEvent:Invoke()
<startGameCo>d__134:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

I don't know what the reason is and my map has very few zombies.
I'll try the new beta 6 and see if that fixes it.

Regards

Gouki

I believe I fixed that and it will show in the console now a warning if the configuration is bad. I suggest to not modify the default configuration other than MaxAgents at best until the Viewer is fully completed which catches such errors beforehand.

4 minutes ago, ZehMatt said:

I believe I fixed that and it will show in the console now a warning if the configuration is bad. I suggest to not modify the default configuration other than MaxAgents at best until the Viewer is fully completed which catches such errors beforehand.

Ok, the only thing I've modified is MaxAgents, I've put 1000, then I'll check with the new beta 6 and let you know, thanks.

Regards

Gouki

3 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Ok, the only thing I've modified is MaxAgents, I've put 1000, then I'll check with the new beta 6 and let you know, thanks.

Regards

Gouki

1000 will be likely feel a bit boring, something between 6000 and 8000 should work well for a 6k map, I think 15000 might be a bit too much as the default unless you are up for a challenge.

5 minutes ago, ZehMatt said:

1000 will be likely feel a bit boring, something between 6000 and 8000 should work well for a 6k map, I think 15000 might be a bit too much as the default unless you are up for a challenge.

It's not boring, it's a PC thing.
I'll try to set it to 6000 and we'll see how it goes.

Regards

Gouki

Hello! Very impressive mod! I never even thought something like this is possible.

How many max agent would you recommend for a 10k map?

Is it possible to set that zombies don't respawn? So that player can clear and secure an area, feels like they make some permanent change in the world, but in the process they will have to really think about how to do so as to not instead luring even more zombies in.
I used to use a mod that increases zombie spawn in city, and that makes shooting a gun a really risky choice, even in a very dire situation as player knows they are in for even more trouble.
From the video in the first post, I think this mod would work even much better for that, so I'm really excited to try this out!

51 minutes ago, Adagio said:

Hello! Very impressive mod! I never even thought something like this is possible.

Is it possible to set that zombies don't respawn? So that player can clear and secure an area, feels like they make some permanent change in the world, but in the process they will have to really think about how to do so as to not instead luring even more zombies in.
I used to use a mod that increases zombie spawn in city, and that makes shooting a gun a really risky choice, even in a very dire situation as player knows they are in for even more trouble.
From the video in the first post, I think this mod would work even much better for that, so I'm really excited to try this out!

I'm using a 10k (improved RWG) map and just spent an hour shooting dozens after dozens after dozens... after dozens... of zombies. I wasn't even near a city. They just didn't want to end, I basically gave up, lol. This is with the default number of agents (15,000). I was going to ask the same question, if they ever stop coming... it seems like they just perpetually spawn as you kill them. 

I'm trying to find a base to make home, but trying to clear out anything just results in attracting never ending zombies. It'd be cool if the effective area within auditory range could be cleared... at least for a while.

Edited by r3mot3control (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Adagio said:

I think for a 10k map something like 15k or 20k should do the trick, its not an exact science as people have different expectations. As for disabling their respawn, you can set AgentRespawnPosition to None, see the xml file and its comments.

7 hours ago, r3mot3control said:

I'm using a 10k (improved RWG) map and just spent an hour shooting dozens after dozens after dozens... after dozens... of zombies. I wasn't even near a city. They just didn't want to end, I basically gave up, lol. This is with the default number of agents (15,000). I was going to ask the same question, if they ever stop coming... it seems like they just perpetually spawn as you kill them. 

I'm trying to find a base to make home, but trying to clear out anything just results in attracting never ending zombies. It'd be cool if the effective area within auditory range could be cleared... at least for a while.

I was working on improving the sound/noise events, there was also a bug in there, the decay was also too slow.

Hey @ZehMatt do you plan on adding something like zombies gathering in groups ?

I was thinking of something like dividing the zombies between those that will stay alone and walk randomly, and those that will gather and randomly go in the same direction, kind of creating natural hordes, I was imagining something like in Days Gone

I tested the mod today, it worked very well at first, I tested it on the vanilla map, but it felt like I was facing an infinite army, because they come from all directions randomly, I understand that you plan on implementing permanent death for zombies in the final version, maybe that will help a little

I believe that with permanent death in the final version, this mod will give much more satisfaction than the vanilla way of creating zombies, I really want to see the final version of this mod

1 hour ago, ThomasLawliet said:

Hey @ZehMatt do you plan on adding something like zombies gathering in groups ?

I was thinking of something like dividing the zombies between those that will stay alone and walk randomly, and those that will gather and randomly go in the same direction, kind of creating natural hordes, I was imagining something like in Days Gone

I tested the mod today, it worked very well at first, I tested it on the vanilla map, but it felt like I was facing an infinite army, because they come from all directions randomly, I understand that you plan on implementing permanent death for zombies in the final version, maybe that will help a little

I believe that with permanent death in the final version, this mod will give much more satisfaction than the vanilla way of creating zombies, I really want to see the final version of this mod

image.png.d0b7a88cd349fde3598592ef0945f300.png

That is already supported, will have to slightly change some things so it automatically distributes the groups without specifying the index for each of them, will also add more processors at some point to have even more options on how to model the simulation.

@ZehMatt Thanks for the mod --functionally it's working great, but I'm having issues with fine-tuning. 

I'm having two issues, both of which are map-related and I was wondering if maybe you had some insight:

First, I don't think my zombies are adhering to the road usage processors I've set up for them and I'm wondering if it's because the roads are not being referenced correctly.  All of the screenshots I've seen of the in-game 'walkersim show' command show the red and green roads from the "splat" files, while mine looks like this: 

spacer.png

The second issue I'm having is regarding the simulation viewer. When testing in the viewer I'm unable to select any 'World' files; the dropdown menu is simply empty, like so:

spacer.png

Any help or commentary you might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Is this Modlet already configured at base, I added it & loaded up the game & didnt see any zombies, I run around for 10 mins & seen 1.. Does it need setting up / tweaking before use.. Im running this along side my overhaul if that helps, Theres no errors popping up in console... just alot of these lines...

2024-08-24T11:26:01 714.852 INF [WalkerSim] Spawning agent at (2032.62, 35.00, -977.95)
2024-08-24T11:26:07 721.278 INF [WalkerSim] Agent despawned, entity id: 225

Thanks

3 hours ago, captainprizes said:

@ZehMatt Thanks for the mod --functionally it's working great, but I'm having issues with fine-tuning. 

I'm having two issues, both of which are map-related and I was wondering if maybe you had some insight:

First, I don't think my zombies are adhering to the road usage processors I've set up for them and I'm wondering if it's because the roads are not being referenced correctly.  All of the screenshots I've seen of the in-game 'walkersim show' command show the red and green roads from the "splat" files, while mine looks like this: 

spacer.png

The second issue I'm having is regarding the simulation viewer. When testing in the viewer I'm unable to select any 'World' files; the dropdown menu is simply empty, like so:

spacer.png

Any help or commentary you might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Its odd that it doesn't show any worlds but there is also room to improve the detection of where the things are installed at, keep in mind selecting a world in the viewer is just showing a preview, all roads are currently drawn white also its just a visual thing. As for sticking to roads I'm not sure if you modified the xml already but increasing the power for 'StickToRoads' should help, its a bit tricky to get the parameters right all together.

52 minutes ago, War3zuk said:

Is this Modlet already configured at base, I added it & loaded up the game & didnt see any zombies, I run around for 10 mins & seen 1.. Does it need setting up / tweaking before use.. Im running this along side my overhaul if that helps, Theres no errors popping up in console... just alot of these lines...

2024-08-24T11:26:01 714.852 INF [WalkerSim] Spawning agent at (2032.62, 35.00, -977.95)
2024-08-24T11:26:07 721.278 INF [WalkerSim] Agent despawned, entity id: 225

Thanks

If you are not running this on a server I suggest to use 'walkersim show' to see if something might be wrong with the configuration.

So I pressed DM so that it shows me the txt on the zombies & noticed that whats happening is some of them are running in a straight line in the distance & then running out of view.. So they are there but there not meeting me to attack...

9 hours ago, War3zuk said:

So I pressed DM so that it shows me the txt on the zombies & noticed that whats happening is some of them are running in a straight line in the distance & then running out of view.. So they are there but there not meeting me to attack...

Zombies that spawn will not attack the player that caused the spawn, they are just like wandering hordes but at much bigger scale. I'm open to add an option that makes them immediately target a player on spawn, however no promises on that.

im curious, im useing itzels gun pack, yet im pretty sure the weapons are not produceing noise to attract enemies. im curious, is there any tags he needs to add to do with volume or something in order to make it compatible?

15 minutes ago, Colin248 said:

im curious, im useing itzels gun pack, yet im pretty sure the weapons are not produceing noise to attract enemies. im curious, is there any tags he needs to add to do with volume or something in order to make it compatible?

The way it currently works is via name mapping, I'm not too happy about the current solution, I will have to further look into how the game decides how far sounds travel, if the game does that at all.

1 hour ago, ZehMatt said:

The way it currently works is via name mapping, I'm not too happy about the current solution, I will have to further look into how the game decides how far sounds travel, if the game does that at all.

perhaps relateing it to the heat system could work? 

7 hours ago, Colin248 said:

perhaps relateing it to the heat system could work? 

I did go through some of the code, apparently "volume" is kind off the distance?, it just goes volume * volumeScale and so far I've only observed volumeScale of 1.

Here is what I logged out.

Noise: ak47_fire, Volume: 108, Duration: 2, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.8, HeatMapStrength: 0.9, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1800, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: ak47_fire_end, Volume: 11, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: bullethitorganic, Volume: 7, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: bullethitwood, Volume: 11, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: explosion_grenade, Volume: 120, Duration: 4, MuffledWhenCrouched: 1, HeatMapStrength: 5, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 3000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: generic_holster, Volume: 0, Duration: 1, MuffledWhenCrouched: 1, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: generic_unholster, Volume: 0, Duration: 1, MuffledWhenCrouched: 1, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: rifle_sight_in, Volume: 7, Duration: 2, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: rifle_sight_out, Volume: 7, Duration: 2, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: stepwood, Volume: 10, Duration: 1.5, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.507, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: swoosh, Volume: 0, Duration: 1, MuffledWhenCrouched: 1, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: weapon_holster, Volume: 0, Duration: 1, MuffledWhenCrouched: 1, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: weapon_unholster, Volume: 0, Duration: 1, MuffledWhenCrouched: 1, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: wooddestroy, Volume: 11, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0.6, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 600, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: woodhitcloth, Volume: 7, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: woodhitmetal, Volume: 20, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.65, HeatMapStrength: 0.05, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 600, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: woodhitwood, Volume: 11, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.

I think that is the only data available to me, there is no maximum audible distance or anything like that and from what I've read in the code, its doing all sorts of weird things with those values but I also somewhat expected that as the audio is not exactly top notch in this game. I think I will just go by  HeatMapStrength and Volume multiplied by 4 and call it a day.

Also a little progress update, I think I pretty much finished the viewer now, I might rename it to simulator but not sure yet, also implemented save/load for the simulation to persist, it will continue just where one left off, also added the option to give the groups custom colors instead of just random ones, at least in the viewer.

image.thumb.gif.e623685da0eceb29540814683f908bc0.gif

Weird my WalkerSim.exe opens up black! I run it on a dedicated server, it doesn't look like this

1 hour ago, ZehMatt said:

I did go through some of the code, apparently "volume" is kind off the distance?, it just goes volume * volumeScale and so far I've only observed volumeScale of 1.

Here is what I logged out.

Noise: ak47_fire, Volume: 108, Duration: 2, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.8, HeatMapStrength: 0.9, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1800, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: ak47_fire_end, Volume: 11, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: bullethitorganic, Volume: 7, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: bullethitwood, Volume: 11, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: explosion_grenade, Volume: 120, Duration: 4, MuffledWhenCrouched: 1, HeatMapStrength: 5, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 3000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: generic_holster, Volume: 0, Duration: 1, MuffledWhenCrouched: 1, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: generic_unholster, Volume: 0, Duration: 1, MuffledWhenCrouched: 1, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: rifle_sight_in, Volume: 7, Duration: 2, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: rifle_sight_out, Volume: 7, Duration: 2, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: stepwood, Volume: 10, Duration: 1.5, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.507, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: swoosh, Volume: 0, Duration: 1, MuffledWhenCrouched: 1, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: weapon_holster, Volume: 0, Duration: 1, MuffledWhenCrouched: 1, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: weapon_unholster, Volume: 0, Duration: 1, MuffledWhenCrouched: 1, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: wooddestroy, Volume: 11, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0.6, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 600, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: woodhitcloth, Volume: 7, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: woodhitmetal, Volume: 20, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.65, HeatMapStrength: 0.05, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 600, volumeScale: 1.
Noise: woodhitwood, Volume: 11, Duration: 3, MuffledWhenCrouched: 0.5, HeatMapStrength: 0, HeatMapWorldTimeToLive: 1000, volumeScale: 1.

I think that is the only data available to me, there is no maximum audible distance or anything like that and from what I've read in the code, its doing all sorts of weird things with those values but I also somewhat expected that as the audio is not exactly top notch in this game. I think I will just go by  HeatMapStrength and Volume multiplied by 4 and call it a day.

Also a little progress update, I think I pretty much finished the viewer now, I might rename it to simulator but not sure yet, also implemented save/load for the simulation to persist, it will continue just where one left off, also added the option to give the groups custom colors instead of just random ones, at least in the viewer.

image.thumb.gif.e623685da0eceb29540814683f908bc0.gif

Weird my WalkerSim.exe opens up black! I run it on a dedicated server, it doesn't look like this

1 hour ago, batboyboy said:

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do, are you trying to run the tool on the server? WalkerSim.exe is not meant to be used on a server, this is a tool you run on your PC to see what the simulation would look like.

I just released a new update.

Changelog

0.9-beta.7

• The simulation is now persistent which means that if a game is continued from a save file the simulation will be also restored.
  • The viewer 'WalkerSim.exe' should be in a usable state now, you can now setup and preview the simulation and export the configuration.
  • Fixed an issue that wouldn't fast forward the newly created simulation when using TicksToAdvanceOnStartup
  • Fixed custom sounds not being registered in the simulation.
  • Changed how sound events decay, instead of decreasing the radius it has a duration and stays the same size.
  • EnemySpawnMode is now respected, when disabled no zombies will be spawned. 
  • Added walkersim timescale <value> console commands to modify the simulation speed.

Download

You can download the latest version from Releases · ZehMatt/7dtd-WalkerSim2 (github.com)

6 hours ago, ZehMatt said:

Tôi vừa phát hành một bản cập nhật mới.

Nhật ký thay đổi

0,9-beta.7

• Mô phỏng hiện đang liên tục, có nghĩa là nếu một trò chơi được tiếp tục từ một tệp lưu, mô phỏng cũng sẽ được khôi phục.
  • Trình xem 'WalkerSim.exe' sẽ ở trạng thái có thể sử dụng ngay bây giờ, bây giờ bạn có thể thiết lập và xem trước mô phỏng và xuất cấu hình.
  • Đã khắc phục sự cố không tua nhanh mô phỏng mới được tạo khi sử dụng TicksToAdvanceOnStartup
  • Đã sửa âm thanh tùy chỉnh không được đăng ký trong mô phỏng.
  • Thay đổi cách các sự kiện âm thanh phân rã, thay vì giảm bán kính, nó có thời lượng và giữ nguyên kích thước.
  • EnemySpawnMode hiện được tôn trọng, khi bị vô hiệu hóa sẽ không có zombie nào được sinh ra.
  • Đã thêm các lệnh bảng điều khiển walkersim timescale <value> để sửa đổi tốc độ mô phỏng.

Tải xuống

Bạn có thể tải xuống phiên bản mới nhất từ Bản phát hành · ZehMatt/7DTD-WalkerSim2 (github.com)

So the emulator only runs on PC, ok then I don't need to care when I run on my winserver :) thanks! So this emulator runs on the server, can I download it and run it on my personal computer to watch?