A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

The cotton issue will be fixed in the next update. For a quick temporary fix place the plant back on the ground then harvest it by punching it with your hand. This will give you the correct cotton.

Scrap cable I believe can be gained by harvesting cars or control panels using a wrench. Its a vanilla thing.

The cotton issue will be fixed in the next update. For a quick temporary fix place the plant back on the ground then harvest it by punching it with your hand. This will give you the correct cotton.

Awesome! Thank you so much for this answer!

Scrap cable I believe can be gained by harvesting cars or control panels using a wrench. Its a vanilla thing.

I thought so too, and we've never had a problem acquiring any in the past. (Vanilla) But we've wrenched down quite a few cars and control panels and still nothing. Wasn't sure if it was locked behind a certain crafting level or something. But sounds like we're just extremely unlucky.

Testing out the new version of Valmod and the Canned Loki Stew doesnt give any wellness.

Also, not sure if its the mod or my install but all of a sudden when entering a code on any lockable doors or hatches it seems to hang.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! Thank you so much for this answer!

I thought so too, and we've never had a problem acquiring any in the past. (Vanilla) But we've wrenched down quite a few cars and control panels and still nothing. Wasn't sure if it was locked behind a certain crafting level or something. But sounds like we're just extremely unlucky.

The best way is to build a fridge top and then place - equip the wrench and pull it apart will drop cables by the bucket load. I found the best way to get cables and you dont need to venture out.

The best way is to build a fridge top and then place - equip the wrench and pull it apart will drop cables by the bucket load. I found the best way to get cables and you dont need to venture out.

Sweetness! I'll try this out soon as I get home from work. Thanks!

This update is largely focused around minor bug fixes. Most notable the cotton plant should properly give cotton now if harvested with the "press e to harvest" button rather than punching it.

You can also now scrap arows or bolts to get back feathers.

You can scrap animal hide armor to get back animal hide.

The bullet crafting perks in Overhaul now only require level 10 in weapon smithing to learn.

Steel Pickaxe in the overhaul has seen its damage increase back to vanilla standards (rejoice).

V3.2

[ Items ]

--- Modified ---

(Overhaul) pickaxeSteel

feather

arrow

ironArrow

steelArrow

flamingArrow

crossbowBolt

ironCrossbowBolt

steelCrossbowBolt

explodingCrossbowBolt

animalHide

animalHidePoncho

animalHideBoots

[ Recipes ]

--- Added ---

feather (wildcard recipe for scrapping)

animalHide (wildcard recipe for scrapping)

--- Modified ---

(Overhaul) blunderbussAmmo

assortedVegetables

[ Materials ]

--- Added ---

feather

[ Blocks ]

--- Modified --

plantedCotton3Harvest

[ Progression ]

--- Modified ---

(Overhaul) Ammo Perks lowered required gun smithing skill to 10.

[ Quests ]

--- Modified ---

(Overhaul) class perks reorderd and adjusted

challenge_survivor3 - changed reward

challenge_Loki

gunman quest rewards

hunter quest rewards

veteran quest rewards

[ Loot ]

--- Added ---

lootgroup lockerClothes

lootgroup lockerMisc

lootgroup lockerGood

--- Modified ---

lootcontainer 43 (Lockers)

lootcontainer 35 (Stump)

lootgroup cupboard

[ Localization ]

--- Modified ---

stewChunkyMeatDesc

weedCleaverDesc

chemicalAgentDesc

healingAgentDesc

recipebookJunkDesc

BreweryDesc

trapFireDesc

classBuilderDesc

classMinerDesc

legendaryMacheteDesc

legendaryHuntingKnifeDesc

recipebookLokiDesc

recipebookLokiWeaponsDesc

ovenKitDesc

kickzBootsDesc

decorSteelRWoodMetal

challengeKickz

woodFrameVMODesc

cntGarbageDisposalDesc

skillbookTailorDesc

simpleForgeDesc

challengeCookbookDesc

Testing out the new version of Valmod and the Canned Loki Stew doesnt give any wellness.

Also, not sure if its the mod or my install but all of a sudden when entering a code on any lockable doors or hatches it seems to hang.

- - - Updated - - -

The wellness thing is actually intentional. Its a tradeoff for having the food canned.

The door stuff sounds like an vanilla bug. Nothing I can do about that, unfortunately.

I will also consider adding a scrap cable recipe to the forge later.

I'm sure this has come up already and im missing it. wasn't there a way to still loot corpses with out the corpse turning into a bag and then breaking when you loot it.

Sorry I missed you.

Yes, you can still get it so the corpses are the loot containers rather than turning into bags. In the 7 Days to Die Directory open the Data folder. Then the Config folder. You'll see a entityclasses.xml - No Bags file. Replace the entityclasses.xml with the no bags version.

One other issue I found is that zombie bags that drop when they die on spikes sometimes can't be opened. When i try to destroy the bags with a tool or melee weapon it get the following Null Reference Exception error:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15518[/ATTACH]

Sounds like there might be an incorrect item call in one of the associated lootcontainers. Expansion or Overhaul? Do you know what zombie it was? Normal, fat, female, nurse, burning, feral, feral crawler or cop?

I have a few questions:

1: How do you lvl Bartering ??? (you cant buy the skill with notes)

2: At the moment you hit lvl 100, and you dont gain anymore in that skill. But could it be made that every skill can go to eks lvl 500, but after lvl 100 you gain no benefit, but only gain exp, that will help you lvl ??? (the skill will keep the scale it used at 100)

The reason i ask for this is, at the moment you need to get to lvl 198 to gain enough skill point to lvl all perks and Bartering. At the moment im lvl 120 and im running out of skills to lvl, i have the guns skill left but i just did the math on those and you need to fire 122.000 rounds of ammo in each gun skill to reach lvl 100 (and this was calculated with the highes number, so you proberlly need to fire a few more). Second reason is as a miner and builder ingame it sucks to undertake a huge project and getting no exp at all cause all the skills you use is allready at lvl 100.

Beside that, thx for a great mod, keep up the good work :-)

3.2 uploaded

Hmm, for some reason I managed to upload the v3.0, updating to the correct version now. For those that have already grabbed the 3.2 download from my site you will need to grab it again sorry.

Also removed the extra weight=90 from the poncho at vals request to fix the scrapping issue. (should be set to 1)

Also changed the Fletching skill to be a crafting_skill instead of an action_skill after checking it with val :) Don't know if it matters as far as the crafting speed bonus, but OCD and all that :p

Val found a bug in 6.2:

Scrapping a animal hide poncho or chest armor returns 67 pelts.

@ Reddevil,

You unlock it by buying the "Metal Smithing" perk.

Ah the poncho already had a weight to it. I didn't notice that. My mistake, sorry. I fixed the issue. Though it seems like a minor thing to hotfix over so I will hold off the update until theres more in it. Or until Friday. I think I can edit the 7Day2Mod version instantly though. I'll have to check in with Stompy later to see how to go about doing that. He has a really awesome modding site so I should really start learning it anyway. Its always been on my to-do list but I never seem to get around to doing it. Lazy bugger I be.

I have a few questions:

1: How do you lvl Bartering ??? (you cant buy the skill with notes)

2: At the moment you hit lvl 100, and you dont gain anymore in that skill. But could it be made that every skill can go to eks lvl 500, but after lvl 100 you gain no benefit, but only gain exp, that will help you lvl ??? (the skill will keep the scale it used at 100)

The reason i ask for this is, at the moment you need to get to lvl 198 to gain enough skill point to lvl all perks and Bartering. At the moment im lvl 120 and im running out of skills to lvl, i have the guns skill left but i just did the math on those and you need to fire 122.000 rounds of ammo in each gun skill to reach lvl 100 (and this was calculated with the highes number, so you proberlly need to fire a few more). Second reason is as a miner and builder ingame it sucks to undertake a huge project and getting no exp at all cause all the skills you use is allready at lvl 100.

Beside that, thx for a great mod, keep up the good work :-)

1. Three ways. You can make purchases and keep the merchant box open when the crafting finishes so it counts. You can spend skill points into it. Or you can find the skill books in loot.

2. I could probably increase the cap to 200 for skills. I'm not sure what good it'll do but sure, easy enough. Just have to change one number in one file to get that change.

Also I think you're missing something here. Survivor Notes are a big part of Valmod and reading them gives you a skill point. You dont HAVE to level to get skill points. Quests give skill points and survivor notes give skill points. In theory you have an infinite number of skill points you can find.

The bullet issue is something though. Maybe shooting modded ammo can give your more exp. I'll look into that.

Sounds like there might be an incorrect item call in one of the associated lootcontainers. Expansion or Overhaul? Do you know what zombie it was? Normal, fat, female, nurse, burning, feral, feral crawler or cop?

3.2 Overhaul, though this has been an issue for the last several versions I think.

It was from the 7 day horde so it was hard to see what types of zombies left the bags. I counted 11 bags with the issue so I don't think it is just one type that drops the affected bags.

One thing i think i noticed the other day, it was awhile ago so i don't remember exactly, but i think i was trying to make a bowl of water, but i has refrigerated all my water, and apparently you cant use cold water in recipes that need bottled water. Any way you can make the recipes take either bottled water OR cold bottled water? If not, how to I make my cold water to be warm again lol

Has anyone else ever encountered a null reference when looting a zombie bag or not being able to loot a bag?

This only happens to bags dropped by some zombies that have been killed by my wooden spikes FYI.

And I think (not certain) that only some of the zombies in the horde that have this issue.

Archived