1.0 Stable still says "This is Pre-Lrease software" in TFP logo on startup

I have mMods and stuff, I haven't gone totally Vanilla to see if it's an issue solely on my installation. Small insignificant error, but it's there nonetheless :)

This isn't gold yet.  It is basically A22.  Until they reach the end of the roadmap, it is still in development and they want that note on there to make it clear that things will still change.

Maybe they'll do that in future; for now, i just don't want to see such screens; i always know such things before firing up the game as i'm always scouring the internet for info or would see an update in Steam or wherever; anyways so to me it achieves nothing; but maybe some people like those screens (i hate such things on PS4 for example); at least it can be done via a mod for now

7 minutes ago, GigglingZombie said:

Maybe they'll do that in future; for now, i just don't want to see such screens; i always know such things before firing up the game as i'm always scouring the internet for info or would see an update in Steam or wherever; anyways so to me it achieves nothing; but maybe some people like those screens (i hate such things on PS4 for example); at least it can be done via a mod for now

Don't even need the mod, just go to 7dtd->properties and in the advanced box at the bottom add -skipnewsscreen=true

if you wanna also skip the TFP jingle when first plays when you load it add -skipintro after it, looks like this when you have both.

-skipnewsscreen=true -skipintro

Goes right to the main menu with new game, continue etc.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

Yes, they're still developing it, but it's NOT pre-release anymore. It's 1.0 and out of pre-release. I'm not going to mod it out but it's inarguably wrong to state it's still pre-released software. 

If "They're still developing on it" is an argument for pre-release than most software is pre-release forever. 

5 hours ago, rl2000 said:

Yes, they're still developing it, but it's NOT pre-release anymore. It's 1.0 and out of pre-release. I'm not going to mod it out but it's inarguably wrong to state it's still pre-released software. 

If "They're still developing on it" is an argument for pre-release than most software is pre-release forever. 

Either way, they want it there because it's still in *active* development.  Sure, the wording isn't very accurate and they could change it to saying something like it being still in development instead of being pre-release, but does that really matter other than for semantics?  It's just words and you don't even need to read them.