Game crashes after stable 1.0 for pc steam

I updated to 1.0 version from steam. The game keeps crashing and every time i verify file integrity. I keep crashing when I start the game every time. I don't know what's causing the one file to corrupt every time but I can't play the game if that one file keep corrupting. Need further help regarding this issue

6 minutes ago, jdp0987 said:

I updated to 1.0 version from steam. The game keeps crashing and every time i verify file integrity. I keep crashing when I start the game every time. I don't know what's causing the one file to corrupt every time but I can't play the game if that one file keep corrupting. Need further help regarding this issue

You provided zero information to assist.  Logs would be great.

Easiest way to locate them

image.png.f5d0b4fb913b063e519000ce6fe3fbda.png

Select game launcher option

image.png.6516de9b9eb1ec9e941d7192ae0d851a.png

Select Tools and then Open savegame folder

image.png.4f0380eeb5c0b6c0bb2881dd03aeb2f3.png

Your session logs will be in the folder named logs.  Grab the latest one from your most recent crash and post it.  Instructions on posting are in the post below:

Lazily I just update and hope that it won't have any problem but most often with Funpimps, I have to delete the game entirely and reinstall it and then it works fine

I tried updated to 1.0 and I started on a world but then it froze up and had to reboot several times but still kept freezing at menu screen

I deleted it last night and will be reinstalling it today to try and play it

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tatastrophe said:

Hi !

I have the same problem as bellow : game crash when I'm playing, verify the folders, daid that one is corrupted and steamupload a good one, but nothin changes. uninstalled the game, load it again and same problem.

Here is my last log :

https://pastebin.com/kGJVrmz3

Hoping you can help me !

D3D11 failed to load stuff... so GPU related. Maybe try a different GPU driver, newer or older. Get it directly from Nvidia.

On 7/26/2024 at 12:34 PM, kirin said:

I'm having the same problem.   Crash every 1 to 5 minutes after spawning.

Here is Pastebin with crash log, thanks in advance!

https://pastebin.com/EXZsnPDU

That log isn't making any sense to me. Crash happens at line 610 onwards but it makes no sense... could you provide the crashes file from "C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/The Fun Pimps/7 Days To Die/Crashes"?

Edited by Fox (see edit history)

Hi,  I have exactly the same problem. My game crashes as soon as it's loading so i cant even get to main menu. I tried bunch of stuff like removing folder "Mods" and "7DaysToDie" from %appdata% also checking compatibility on steam. I installed latest versions of DirectX and Visual C++, added the game to exeptions on my antivirus software. I wanted to open the game in windowed version but never succeed in it, same with screenresolution. I also adjusted my virtual memory. 

https://pastebin.com/gnayimaH here are my crashlogs 

I'm desesperated ! I wipe completly my pc, load a new windows 11, made all the updates for the drivers , launch steam, upload the game, launch it on a new game, and, 30 mn after the beginning of the game, it crash again !
https://pastebin.com/HKxj7G4Z

so I chek the game files, one corrupted, steam uploaded a little file, launched the game again with all the files ok, but 10 mn later, crash !
https://pastebin.com/fU65XPV4

seems to be a devil in my game !!!

21 minutes ago, Tatastrophe said:

I'm desesperated ! I wipe completly my pc, load a new windows 11, made all the updates for the drivers , launch steam, upload the game, launch it on a new game, and, 30 mn after the beginning of the game, it crash again !
https://pastebin.com/HKxj7G4Z

so I chek the game files, one corrupted, steam uploaded a little file, launched the game again with all the files ok, but 10 mn later, crash !
https://pastebin.com/fU65XPV4

seems to be a devil in my game !!!

Looks like a GPU driver crash. I've seen similar reports from a couple of other people with that same driver version. Looks like Nvidia @%$#ed up yet another driver package.  They've been doing that A LOT since about this time last year. Only about one in six drivers are actually good to play on.  I would suggest rolling back a version or two and see if that improves it.

On 8/13/2024 at 11:43 PM, Jugginator said:

Have you tried turning Graphics Jobs off in the game launcher?

Tried it. It did extend the gaming session to about 4 hours. But the pc still crashed. ( My issue is the entire pc crashes with a black screen. Cant use task manager. I must do a hard reset.) I will post the log file on my next session if it crashes again. the session's log was 11mb the file was too big. I am using an AMD Radeon 6750 xt.

1 hour ago, acedel88 said:

Tried it. It did extend the gaming session to about 4 hours. But the pc still crashed. ( My issue is the entire pc crashes with a black screen. Cant use task manager. I must do a hard reset.) I will post the log file on my next session if it crashes again. the session's log was 11mb the file was too big. I am using an AMD Radeon 6750 xt.

What was the rolling error?

22 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

What was the rolling error?

Not sure what that means but this keeps filling up the log:

2024-08-15T00:44:17 11900.998 INF -288,-464 Waiting for lock to release: tryLoadItem
2024-08-15T00:44:17 11901.003 INF -272,-464 Waiting for lock to release: tryLoadItem
2024-08-15T00:44:17 11901.096 INF -288,-464 Waiting for lock to release: tryLoadItem
2024-08-15T00:44:17 11901.099 INF -288,-464 Waiting for lock to release: tryLoadItem
2024-08-15T00:44:17 11901.104 INF -272,-464 Waiting for lock to release: tryLoadItem

Just now, acedel88 said:

Not sure what that means but this keeps filling up the log:

2024-08-15T00:44:17 11900.998 INF -288,-464 Waiting for lock to release: tryLoadItem
2024-08-15T00:44:17 11901.003 INF -272,-464 Waiting for lock to release: tryLoadItem
2024-08-15T00:44:17 11901.096 INF -288,-464 Waiting for lock to release: tryLoadItem
2024-08-15T00:44:17 11901.099 INF -288,-464 Waiting for lock to release: tryLoadItem
2024-08-15T00:44:17 11901.104 INF -272,-464 Waiting for lock to release: tryLoadItem

That.... may be something corrupted in chunks. If you look further up in the log you may see corrupted regions/chunks, you can use the regionreset command to reset those areas. It wouldn't cause a crash like that though, the symptoms you described are a gpu driver failure certainly. Hm.

I had this same error. A different thread suggested checking the BIOS if you have an Intel Gen 13 & 14 CPU as there is an important microcode update for it that has to be updated through the BIOS. This has now fixed the probelm..no more game freezing or crashes.

On 8/15/2024 at 12:20 PM, Jugginator said:

That.... may be something corrupted in chunks. If you look further up in the log you may see corrupted regions/chunks, you can use the regionreset command to reset those areas. It wouldn't cause a crash like that though, the symptoms you described are a gpu driver failure certainly. Hm.

I have an intel 12400F. So far it really seems the be the driver version. i haven't had a crash yet.