High suggestion for developers regarding nights!!!

Give us an opportunity for single player to sleep at nights skipping them except for bloodmoon, sleeping on the bedroll or king size bed, also sleeping should give some benefits(idk what kind of buffs) and not sleeping should give debuffs(stacking each day) only on bloodmoon we cannot activate sleeping but still get some debuffs. Not necessary for multiplayer servers, because focus of dedicated multiplayer servers is mostly pvp, so all im asking is immersive gameplay for single player. Yes we cannot sleep outside or when zombie attacking our base.spacer.png

1 hour ago, Roosterroost said:

Give us an opportunity for single player to sleep at nights skipping them except for bloodmoon, sleeping on the bedroll or king size bed, also sleeping should give some benefits(idk what kind of buffs) and not sleeping should give debuffs(stacking each day) only on bloodmoon we cannot activate sleeping but still get some debuffs. Not necessary for multiplayer servers, because focus of dedicated multiplayer servers is mostly pvp, so all im asking is immersive gameplay for single player. Yes we cannot sleep outside or when zombie attacking our base.spacer.png

You know that single player and multiplayer is the same thing in this game, right?  There isn't an actual single player mode.  You just don't let anyone join.  It's still a "server" and still can have multiple players if you allow them to join.  They can't add sleeping to only single player.

10 hours ago, Roosterroost said:

Not necessary for multiplayer servers, because focus of dedicated multiplayer servers is mostly pvp

There are a lot of private servers with co-op players.

16 hours ago, Riamus said:

You know that single player and multiplayer is the same thing in this game, right?  There isn't an actual single player mode.  You just don't let anyone join.  It's still a "server" and still can have multiple players if you allow them to join.  They can't add sleeping to only single player.

in the game "the forest" in single player you can sleep, in coop mode you need agreement with others to skip the night, so it is all about programming, here they can program the way that you can disable in server settings sleep option or you can enable it, nothing difficult

6 hours ago, meganoth said:

There are a lot of private servers with co-op players.

they can make that optional in server settings, i dont see any problem, the thing is that it is kind of useless in multiplayer focused servers to put every player to sleep because maybe you want to raid at night

1 hour ago, Roosterroost said:

in the game "the forest" in single player you can sleep, in coop mode you need agreement with others to skip the night, so it is all about programming, here they can program the way that you can disable in server settings sleep option or you can enable it, nothing difficult

they can make that optional in server settings, i dont see any problem, the thing is that it is kind of useless in multiplayer focused servers to put every player to sleep because maybe you want to raid at night

Sorry to say, but sleeping isn't something they intend for the game.

In Minecraft everyone on a server can sleep if they all sleep, otherwise you just remain in bed while the other players continue to play. That approach could work, but on a multiplayer server I think you're more likely to have players (like me) who either hunt at night or do POIs when Stealth is extra effective. Then there are folks who do the Restore Power quests that can only be done at night.

I would say 7D2D has more night time activity, but in MC we used to hunt at night as well.

Sure, go for it. The more players you add to a game the less likely it will get used, just like Minecraft.

On 7/18/2024 at 2:48 AM, Riamus said:

Sorry to say, but sleeping isn't something they intend for the game.

oh really ? thanks for clarifying, i didnt know that, i was waiting for you to say that.

idiot thats why im suggesting

On 7/22/2024 at 1:38 PM, Roosterroost said:

oh really ? thanks for clarifying, i didnt know that, i was waiting for you to say that.

idiot thats why im suggesting

Holy hell, dude. You know a more civil response might have been, "yeah, I know. I'm just hoping that it enough people suggest it, maybe it will get added in a future update." There was absolutely no need to respond with such hostility. Though, to be clear, the devs have been pretty clear in the past that they have no desire to add a sleeping mechanic, and that's likely what @Riamuswas referring to.

I used to think that would be a good feature added to this game and obviously would make it more realistic and/or "immersive". 

But honestly, that's when I do all my crafting/building/upgrading/cooking, etc., at night. 

Sleeping would purely be a chore and waste of player time. 

But good suggestion though man. Like I said, it would obviously make the game more realistic. If they did feel the need to add it, so be it. We'd all just have to adapt.