Intellect sledge turret

So WTF is with recipes in intellect build?

wanted to make me Sledge turret lvl 3 on day 5, but the recipe want me to make 30 duct tape, on top of 120 Forged iron and 30 springs?
Doesn't make any sense since Intellect doesnt have mining nor salvage perk?
Intellect recipes are exponentialy more expensive than any other classes?

sledge.jpg

1 minute ago, Bhaaltazar said:

wanted to make me Sledge turret lvl 3 on day 5, but the recipe want me to make 30 duct tape, on top of 120 Forged iron and 30 springs?

sledge.jpg

Even tho it's pricey I recommend it! It's not as good as it uses to be but the knock down is awesome 

I've noticed a forged iron/steel increase in turrets as well.  The costs are high enough that I'd rather spend the 4k or whatever at the trader to buy one and I never used to consider buying them before.  It does make sense (surprisingly) because turrets would need a lot of iron/steel, but it just feels too much.

18 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

18 hours ago, Bhaaltazar said:

30 springs means that you have to wrech a bunch of cars and or beds. Could be done in a couple of days. 30 duct tape mens, that you have to have at least 5 dew collectors or you have to buy water at the trader and vending machines. Not easy but also can be done in couple of days. 120 forged iron, you really complain about 120 forged iron? Thats 1440 iron! If you want to have the xp from the mining mission to mine 1.000 iron, you need 440 iron more. Even with a stone axe something, that can be done in a single night.

I play survival games to struggle and yes I also like grind. Having everything and no more goals meas for me, it is time to start over.

19 hours ago, Bhaaltazar said:

It does make sense. As an intellectual yo dont mine or salvage. You dont make your hands dirty. You buy. And you have some good perks for it in the skill tree. 

I get all that, it just seemed like big discrepancy compared to other classes at thit stage. And it is a sledge turret, kinda useless unless you plan for its use, usually you just found a few of these in loot in earlier alphas.

5 hours ago, Gr.o.m. said:

30 springs means that you have to wrech a bunch of cars and or beds. Could be done in a couple of days. 30 duct tape mens, that you have to have at least 5 dew collectors or you have to buy water at the trader and vending machines. Not easy but also can be done in couple of days. 120 forged iron, you really complain about 120 forged iron? Thats 1440 iron! If you want to have the xp from the mining mission to mine 1.000 iron, you need 440 iron more. Even with a stone axe something, that can be done in a single night.

I play survival games to struggle and yes I also like grind. Having everything and no more goals meas for me, it is time to start over.

It isn't really such a problem.  Scrapping for springs is easy once you have a wrench.  That's the hold up.  The duct tape is easy as you get a lot of murky water in POI and the dew collectors with mods are fast.  The forged iron really is a lot, though.  Having to mine that much iron that early in the game isn't a great thing.  But the main issue is just that it's so much in comparison to other things that you'd expect to use more.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Gr.o.m. said:

I seem to find tons of murky water as well.  in a few days i would have enough to make that much glue and tape.  Especially with the purified water recipe.  1 jar is equal to 6 murky, or make tons of smoothies, none of your water is wasted on drinks then.

Water is abundant, if you loot all the toilets, kitchen appliances, coolers etc.. you will have an extra chest just for water.
On day 5 I haven't found a wrench yet, neither I could craft one - lacked mechanical parts for it and Rekt wasn't selling one.

I found Stun baton on day 2 which is huge early game leap, so to go through so much work for sledge turret doesn't feel to be worth it. Especially when you can't rotate the sledge direction when you place it down ( like facing you if you in front of the door ).

The Robot Sledge is not an item that you expect to deal damage, so create it with quality 1 to save on costs.
However, I think that robot-related items are generally expensive. Well, the magic words "just install a MOD" will probably be used.