Exp b313 Preacher Outfit Q6 nerf should be reversed when full Preacher bonus is active

"Reduced Q6 Preacher outfit Undead Damage Resist from 20 to 15% to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues"

Reverse the nerf (include it in the Preacher bonus when wearing the full set if wearing Q6 Preacher outfit).

You can't get undead damage immunity wearing full set Preacher armor in any scenario.

This restores its intended function.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Raindear Games said:

"Reduced Q6 Preacher outfit Undead Damage Resist from 20 to 15% to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues"

Reverse the nerf (include it in the Preacher bonus when wearing the full set if wearing Q6 Preacher outfit).

You can't get undead damage immunity wearing full set Preacher armor in any scenario.

This restores its intended function.

Are you sure this is a nurf. The way I read it is the z preacher is beating up on a z and his DPS stops because of stacking issues. Now that's removed and his DPS goes up. Am I reading it wrong?

Edited by ElCabong (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

The way I read it is the z preacher is beating up on a z and his DPS stops because of stacking issues.

How would changing his damage resist from 20% to 15% fix any such issue?

The way I read it, you can get 80% by equipping other things (heavy armor with suitable mods + the stats from the preacher piece in question). Then that bonus gets you to 100%, making you immune. Reducing it to +15% would put you to ~95%, which is still insane, but at least you'll take Some damage.

There are two different stats that reduce damage taken. Armour and Damage Resist. They both work the same way, each point reduces damage by 1%. They calculate one after the other, doesn't matter which order as the result is the same.

I don't know the maximum armour that can be achieved (Haven't looked into it), but lets say you have 60 Armour. You only take 40% of the remaining damage.

As for damage resist, the maximum after the preacher outfit nerf is 85%. 25% from pain tolerance + 40% from fortbites, + 5% from being indoors, + 15% from Q6 preacher outfit.

Now let's stack 60 armour with 85% damage resist. A zombie bear does 125 damage on insane difficulty. With these two stats, you would only take 7.5 damage (rounded up?)

On nomad difficulty, this would be 50 damage down to 3.