Harvest challenge issues?

Slingblade2040

Anyone else having problems with the harvest challenge like the harvest polymers and harvest mechanical parts?  Using the correct tool for the polymer with the stone axe but it doesn't seem to register and same for the mechanical parts using a wrench. 

Yes I even tried with the shopping carts for the mechanical part and window blinds and tired with the stone axe.

Not really enjoying these challenges to be honest the reward at the end from the trader is ok but overall they need more work.

43 minutes ago, Slingblade2040 said:

Anyone else having problems with the harvest challenge like the harvest polymers and harvest mechanical parts?  Using the correct tool for the polymer with the stone axe but it doesn't seem to register and same for the mechanical parts using a wrench. 

Yes I even tried with the shopping carts for the mechanical part and window blinds and tired with the stone axe.

Not really enjoying these challenges to be honest the reward at the end from the trader is ok but overall they need more work.

Polymers are from blue barrels.  I haven't tried the mechanical parts yet but it is likely a similar specific requirement.  They need to remove the specifics and just let you harvest/scrap things to complete it, regardless what you use or what you scrap.  Otherwise, it just feels like it's bugged even when it isn't.

6 hours ago, Riamus said:

Polymers are from blue barrels.  I haven't tried the mechanical parts yet but it is likely a similar specific requirement.  They need to remove the specifics and just let you harvest/scrap things to complete it, regardless what you use or what you scrap.  Otherwise, it just feels like it's bugged even when it isn't.

So only blue barrels? If that's the case they need to rework it to specify only those items not the extra stuff they mention like the window blinds.

Same with the mechanical parts since it just says harvest mechanical parts with a wrench then gives examples of where to get them.

Guess that's something for them to fix challenge descriptions. 

FYI

Activate the challenge and little helper icons will start to appear on blocks that will count towards the challenge.  In addition, if you don't have the proper tool, it will tell you to equip that tool first.

They will be updating the descriptions in the future, but you can do this in the meantime

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

FYI

Activate the challenge and little helper icons will start to appear on blocks that will count towards the challenge.  In addition, if you don't have the proper tool, it will tell you to equip that tool first.

They will be updating the descriptions in the future, but you can do this in the meantime

Thank you.

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

FYI

Yeah I saw the proper tool thing. Didn't know they had the helper icon since I never bothered pinning the challenges since I tend to have a quest pinned and the game won't let you have more than one thing pinned.

The Changes to their descriptions is definitely going to help.