Streets TOO empty?

Posted (edited)

Does anyone else feels like the streets of the game are WAAAY to empty for a zombie game ? 

Meanwhile in tear 5 & 6 quests feels like i just entered a concert inside a house kitchen. Every time i play the game feels rather boring when it comes to being on the streets walking outside and you mostly get from 1 to 4 zombies every 10 minutes. But in hordenights we get hundreds upon hundreds at your door, realistically speaking makes you feel like Resident Evil 4 when Leon says: Where did everybody go ? Bingo ?? 

Yeah... like that. Hundreds of zombies in hordenights but 1 to 4 in every corner at day time. Gets boring fast...

Any mods that adds more zombies in the streets ? Cuz for the looks of it, the Fun pimps won't be adding that back. It used to be like that in alpha 11 and prior, a lot of zombies everywhere you went.

ESPECIALLY IN THE STREETS.

Sad that THEY keep taking out good mechanics of the game same as Skill leveling progression...

Edited by SilentOwlz (see edit history)

7 hours ago, SilentOwlz said:

Does anyone else feels like the streets of the game are WAAAY to empty for a zombie game ? 

Nope, don't feel this way at all. Plenty of zombies in the poi's. They are worried about skin cancer and stay indoors.

I don't have any problem with the number of zombies on the streets.  And I certainly see more than 1-4 every 10 minutes unless I'm just hanging around the same spot.  I can go down the streets and kill zombies regularly if I feel like it.  But they don't respawn constantly, so once you clear an area, it'll stay clear for a while.  Nothing really wrong with that.  Besides, I'm interested in the POI.  Staying on the streets to kill zombies is boring to me.

Also, if you really want to see a ton of zombies on the streets, it's really easy.  Make a lot of noise.  Throw grenades, use shotguns, etc.  You'll start drawing out the screamers who will draw out the zombies.  I've had as many zombies on the streets as I do on horde night without any effort.

Alternatively, you can try having feral sense turned on.  I don't use it so can't say for sure how well it works, but it supposedly brings the zombies to you more regularly.

Beyond that, mods are you answer.  They won't increase vanilla values for zombies because of trying to keep the game playable for as many people as possible and there are many people who have posted about how horde night becomes a slideshow as it is.

The number of zombies in the streets depends on which biome you're in. There's lots and lots of them in the blasted biome. It also depends on if you're in this a city or a town. There are way more in a city no matter which biome you're in. Fewer in a town.

Make sure feral sense is switched to on either during the day or at all times per your preference. There are often zombies spawned in the area but they don't sense you so they just stand around and you may not notice them. But with feral sense they come towards you from further away and so it feels like there are a lot more zombies around.

If you mod the respawn metrics in the spawn.xml it changes the vibe of the whole game.

Bumped mine up 3x the number, and twice as often, and working through a city is a slog with feral sense on.