Are Food Icons not changing for 1.0?

Nearly all the food in game when in your hand looks like a rag filled with rust on it.  Steam moderators would tell me year after year that the game was in early access and it would be addressed by launch.

Well launch is here and I see no mention if food icons been addressed.  Been here since the kick start and the only one wish I asked for since alpha 1point 1 was to change the food icons in our hands.

I have watched next to ever aspect of this game get redone 3x over, but the food icon has been ignored.

Does it hinder gameplay?  No.  But it breaks the immersion to  the highest degree for me.

There was a modder who fixed it, so an apple, a soda, or a taco actually looked like it when you held it in your hand, but that modder stopped, because he couldnt keep up with the coding changes every update.  This was like 5 or 6 years ago.

I really hope you consider changing the food icons being held in our hands.   Does nothing for gameplay.  Does everything for immersion.

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

My thing is when are they going to add hand models for food I'm tired of eating the piece of bread

That is what the OP is talking about. IMHO it looks like food wrapped in wax paper. One that has been used a few times already.

Pretty sure there are plans to update this, but they are probably at the back end of the list of things to work on because it isn't as important as a lot of other features and balancing.

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

My thing is when are they going to add hand models for food I'm tired of eating the piece of bread

1 hour ago, SylenThunder said:

That is what the OP is talking about. IMHO it looks like food wrapped in wax paper. One that has been used a few times already.

Pretty sure there are plans to update this, but they are probably at the back end of the list of things to work on because it isn't as important as a lot of other features and balancing.

This is 100% what I am talking about.   Can of soup, cornbread, taco, all look the same.  Red Tea, water, yellow tea, all the same.   There used to be some custom in game hand held icons but it was removed many updates ago.

It does nothing for gameplay, but man, it 100% effects immersion, atleast for me.   I take extreme satisfaction in cooking in game, and would love to see the icon in my hand represent that.   A modder used to do it but stopped due to the game updating alot(back around alpha 7 or 😎

I do hope they consider adding it.  Immersion is critical for some survivors. 

You mean the models used then, not icons. Icons would mean what the food looks like on your hotbar, or in your inventory.

I do agree, I wish they would add some more in, even if every item doesn't get its own unique one. Alter made a mod recently that at least added the stuff from the new vending machine, so like all the candies and a few others I think. I might eventually add it to my mod if TFP doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...