Glass Jars

Posted (edited)

The short answer is that empty jars will not be brought back.  For the liberty answer and everyone's opinions, check out any of the many very large threads on the topic. 

Cans are also gone but no one mentions those.  You would think if the issue really was about realism that they'd complain about the cans that were also removed and plates and such that weren't there to begin with.

Jars and cans are gone just like every other empty container.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, Riamus said:

You would think if the issue really was about realism

Heh; I might be nitpicking, but assuming the request is formulated "properly" .. it's "please bring back the re use option". The only re-use for jars was "fill it with water", (filling it with gas wasn't a re-use as mollies didn't return the jar).

(As in, I think he's actually pining for the logical functionality of water purification, not the "jar simulation" itself. As am I, thus I want him done justice :) )

3 hours ago, theFlu said:

Heh; I might be nitpicking, but assuming the request is formulated "properly" .. it's "please bring back the re use option". The only re-use for jars was "fill it with water", (filling it with gas wasn't a re-use as mollies didn't return the jar).

(As in, I think he's actually pining for the logical functionality of water purification, not the "jar simulation" itself. As am I, thus I want him done justice :) )

Heh. Okay.  I guess I just always see realism as the reason as was used here, but for it to be realism, it should apply to everything and not just the one item that you used for water.  Considering they could easily have you fill up jars of water at a water source like you did before and still have empty jars gone from the game, it just seems like there isn't any reason to have jars but not care about anything else.  If the issue is getting water, that doesn't require enough jars to be a thing.