Reduce mouse clicks

ungkor

I'm always on the hunt for ways to reduce mouse clicks, given I work on computers all day.   Tired hands, carpal tunnel, etc...

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to have books 'auto-read' when you loot them?  Given that the fun pimps seem dead set on us looting hundreds of books, it seems like it would be beneficial to have books auto-read when looting.  Instead of having to click each book and choose to read it or store if for a trader, it seems like a nice quality of nice feature, if those books were just read automatically when you loot them.   They could either have duplicate books be available to sell, or just not allow books you've already looted in the loot table.   Thoughts?

I am using a mod that auto reads the unread books when I pick them up.

The only thing is on a multiplayer game I think it would be same for everyone so people wouldn't be able to bring books home for other players to read

Yes, works fine for me as am playing single player but in a co-op game it wouldn't work so well and not sure how it could be set up

There is a full list of books in game you could see. Am not sure how hard it would be to add 2 icons to the right (like the buy one in perks) and have one be Read This Set and other be Don't Read This Set.

That may just be a ton of programming they might have to do as I have no idea what would be involved.

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2024 at 1:31 AM, ungkor said:

I'm always on the hunt for ways to reduce mouse clicks, given I work on computers all day.   Tired hands, carpal tunnel, etc...

I can run into similar issues. What gets to my hand is lots of gripping while holding down a mouse button and sometimes holding down a key for a long time. I'll use AutoHotKey to automate a few things. For 7D2D, using AutoHotKey to hold down the W key for movement (ala AutoRun) and holding down the Left Mouse Button for mining and destruction helped a lot.

You could use it to map a key to be a Left Mouse Button down and up. Would that be of any help? It's a quick AHK configuration.