Combat tweaks

TheKingsWit

The combat in this game is a strange situation, its very fleshed out in the sense that it has many weapons and variations but it still feels like its in that very clunky old style, which makes sense with when this game was started. I don't think its fair to expect it to be on the level of games like Assassins Creed, For Honor or Call of duty as it isnt an entirely combat focused game, but it would be nice to see it be tweaked to be a little smoother and more human-like movements and animations.

Its a great game but i think things like this, small tweaks to make it feel more realistic although seemingly small changes would really take it to that next level or realism

I use a modlet that changes the pathing from voxel-based pathing to pathing in a straight line towards the target, and its a HUGE game changer!
This modlet isn't public so I can't share it.

Zombies will still occasionally side-step last second unfortunately from time to time, but nowhere near as annoying when they do it via voxel pathing.

21 hours ago, Riamus said:

They have talked about improving player animations before gold, so there is hope we will see something.  Though the only animation I really don't like is the climbing animation.  The rest don't really bother me.

If they could fix the animation from crawling to standing and vice versa for zombies then that would be awesome.  It's not game breaking but it is a little disconcerting as it stands now.