Hells_Janitor

10 hours ago, Hell-Fire said:

Hello, not sure if this has been asked, but will post it here.  I get the error

ERR [MODS]  Failed intializing ModAPI instance on mod 'IDCCore' from DLL 'IDCCoreV2.dll'

EXC IL Compile Error (unknown location)

I don't believe I've had this error before when running other mods like "Darkness Falls", "Undead Legacy", or "District 9".  My 7D2D is up to date, running Alpha 21.2 (b30)  I'm not running any other mods for this iteration of 7D2D, just the '28 Alphas Later'.

Thank you for the hard work on this mod though.

Are you playing with EAC turned off? If not, make sure you are :)

Are you using a 3rd party anti-virus? I think some 3rd party anti-virus software flags some mod components (the .dll files) with "false positives". Make sure you either mark that particular file as "safe" in your anti-virus (if you are running a 3rd party anti-virus), or disable the software.

5 minutes ago, Hells_Janitor said:

Are you using a 3rd party anti-virus? I think some 3rd party anti-virus software flags some mod components (the .dll files) with "false positives". Make sure you either mark that particular file as "safe" in your anti-virus (if you are running a 3rd party anti-virus), or disable the software.

Thank you for replying.  I have the EAC turned off.  I double checked through the launcher to ensure it was check off.  My AV didn't flag it or blocked it.  I'll do another test with the AV temporary disabled to double check.

So i playd the mod again and yes its better whit the update but i was still forced to stand by the fire the whole night just to get i down 8% and thats is more than when i started the day, so you mostl lower it more or give the food more of the cure. The bacon and eggs shuld be min 3% back not 0.3% like i said before i cant be standing by the campfire for half a day then the game just get boaring, like the new farming btw reminds me of the early day om 7 days.

sorry for bad gramma

On 12/10/2023 at 7:56 PM, Hells_Janitor said:

I don't have Linux, or MacOS, or any other OS for that matter - so if you do, and you want to try it, be my guest.

Im running the latest "28 Alphas later" on ubuntu (with several other mods) and it seems to work ok so far (just for loading it up and playing a single game day), but if i run into anything odd with the mod thats obvious ill post it (usually its graphics glitches for special assets it seems, in other mods i have tried). Im using a custom map (new york undead 21) so im not sure if it has to be "a newly generated map" for this mod to get it all to work perfectly.  This mod (and the mods that come with it, the special dlls,etc) all loaded without errors. I made some small changes (got rid of headshot only... sorry im terrible at aiming!) due to other zed mods i loaded which added almost unkillable zeds (for me, due to their large health) on day 1 in a quick dry run i did.

note: if you play on a custom map like new york 21, you may spawn in a radiated zone (which i did), and you will die quickly (not sure how much this mod bumps up rad damage). I just used god mode to move out of it.

other note: years ago i had to load some custom apps/packages (like dotnet for ubuntu?) to get some 7 days to die mods (like Darkness Falls) to load properly, so if anyone has issues you might just need some extra "compatibility" packages installed.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Hells_Janitor said:

BUG FIX!!

Fixed a bug with vehicle crafting unlocks. Quick hotfix, should be save game safe, but as always, back up your save first - just in case :)

Update is live now.

Added:

Lavender plant: Purple flower found growing in the wild and in some POIs. Can be used to make lavender seeds (no unlock required), and/or lavender oil (crafted in a campfire, cooking pot required, costs 10 flowers, 1 water, and 1 cloth, treats 3% despair).

Lavender flowers can be found in loot and trader stock, and Lavender seeds in trader stock.

Lavender oil can be found in medical loot.

Updated:

Despair treatment values from food and drink increased/adjusted. Lower-tier foods (including cooked cans) now treat a minimal amount of despair.

Fertilizer bags are now harvested for fertilizer.

Ammo quantities in loot have been slightly increased.

The update is live now. Quick hotfix, should be save game safe, but as always, back up your save first - just in case :) 

Lavender plant: Purple flower found growing in the wild and in some POIs. Can be used to make lavender seeds (no unlock required), and/or lavender oil (crafted in a campfire, cooking pot required, costs 10 flowers, 1 water, and 1 cloth, treats 3% despair).

Lavender flowers can be found in loot and trader stock, and Lavender seeds in trader stock.

This sounds perfekt

1 hour ago, Dragon Reborn said:

This sounds perfekt

Make sure you update at least one more time - I found another bug in the lavender harvest (incorrect quantities). I've pushed the fix, so it should be good now :)

On 1/4/2024 at 9:57 PM, Hells_Janitor said:

Hello again.  I have checked and the AV is causing the problem either.  I've tried many things to troubleshoot, but still get that error.  Thanks again for this mod.

On 1/4/2024 at 11:07 AM, Hell-Fire said:

Hello, not sure if this has been asked, but will post it here.  I get the error

ERR [MODS]  Failed intializing ModAPI instance on mod 'IDCCore' from DLL 'IDCCoreV2.dll'

EXC IL Compile Error (unknown location)

I don't believe I've had this error before when running other mods like "Darkness Falls", "Undead Legacy", or "District 9".  My 7D2D is up to date, running Alpha 21.2 (b30)  I'm not running any other mods for this iteration of 7D2D, just the '28 Alphas Later'.

Thank you for the hard work on this mod though.

Hello again,

I've installed this mod on my other computer and I still get the same errors.  I'm running 21.2(b30), EAC is disabled, no conflict with AV.  My gaming laptop runs Win 11 which I first installed this, my main gaming PC runs Win 10.  I run specific mod versions of 7D2D separately from the Steam folder.  If the IDCCoreV2 doesn't start, will it affect game play?  Thank you.

7 hours ago, Hell-Fire said:

Hello again,

I've installed this mod on my other computer and I still get the same errors.  I'm running 21.2(b30), EAC is disabled, no conflict with AV.  My gaming laptop runs Win 11 which I first installed this, my main gaming PC runs Win 10.  I run specific mod versions of 7D2D separately from the Steam folder.  If the IDCCoreV2 doesn't start, will it affect game play?  Thank you.

This is a peculiar issue. I have no idea why the IDCCore won't start, and yes, a lot of the functionality of the mod is built on IDCCore, so it will affect gameplay.

The IDCCore is a suite of functionality made by another author. I'll have to reach out to them and see if they have any idea what the issue could be.

In the meantime:
1. Check the .dll files inside the IDCCore folder, and make sure they're not "blocked". If they are, unblock them.
2. I'm going to assume that you have checked both '%AppData%\Roaming\7DaysToDie' and 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods' to make sure there are no conflicts - the mod is untested with other mods/modlets, so if any others are installed there may be a conflict, so they'll need to be removed first.

4 hours ago, Dragon Reborn said:

so i have question, i cant plant in the croplots, it is a bug or have you done it, its croplots that i have made myself not the ones that are found at some POIs.

All farm plots found in the wild are unusable by the player. You need to make them yourself :)

15 hours ago, Hells_Janitor said:

This is a peculiar issue. I have no idea why the IDCCore won't start, and yes, a lot of the functionality of the mod is built on IDCCore, so it will affect gameplay.

The IDCCore is a suite of functionality made by another author. I'll have to reach out to them and see if they have any idea what the issue could be.

In the meantime:
1. Check the .dll files inside the IDCCore folder, and make sure they're not "blocked". If they are, unblock them.
2. I'm going to assume that you have checked both '%AppData%\Roaming\7DaysToDie' and 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods' to make sure there are no conflicts - the mod is untested with other mods/modlets, so if any others are installed there may be a conflict, so they'll need to be removed first.

Hello again,

I didn't have any other mods installed, so no conflict there.  I checked my roaming and steam as well.  I decided to try something else  instead of manually installing your mod.  I've reinstalled 7D2D Mod Launcher and have that create the clone and install the mod.  I haven't used the mod launcher since I stopped playing 'Darkness Falls' mod version.    Using the 7D2D Mod Launcher version, I don't get the error, it starts up with no problem.

On my gaming Laptop, the Steam version was a fresh install, compared to my gaming PC, but had the problem when manually installing it for both.  I haven't tried using the Mod Launcher on my gaming laptop yet, but will do when I need to.  Just not sure why I got the error when manually installing it, but not when using the Mod Launcher to install it.  Thank again for the response.

6 hours ago, Hell-Fire said:

Hello again,

I didn't have any other mods installed, so no conflict there.  I checked my roaming and steam as well.  I decided to try something else  instead of manually installing your mod.  I've reinstalled 7D2D Mod Launcher and have that create the clone and install the mod.  I haven't used the mod launcher since I stopped playing 'Darkness Falls' mod version.    Using the 7D2D Mod Launcher version, I don't get the error, it starts up with no problem.

On my gaming Laptop, the Steam version was a fresh install, compared to my gaming PC, but had the problem when manually installing it for both.  I haven't tried using the Mod Launcher on my gaming laptop yet, but will do when I need to.  Just not sure why I got the error when manually installing it, but not when using the Mod Launcher to install it.  Thank again for the response.

Well, obviously I'm glad you got it working :)

Still, it's a super weird issue ...

1 hour ago, Hell-Fire said:

Well, is there any log file or something I could send you?

%AppData%\Roaming\7DaystoDie\Logs - then whichever output_log_client has the error. 

I'll forward that to the core creator and see if they know what the issue might be.

Hello

i was trying this mod with my friend, but we encountered strange problem.

When i hosted game, despair works fine for me, but not for my friend who joined. His % of despair was sky rocketing. It was going up atleast 10x faster.
He had 25% in 2 minutes or so.

So we tried to switch places.
My friend hosted game and i joined him. In this case his despair was fine, but mine was raising faster.

Does anyone encounter this bug? Is there any fix?

Edited by Straydog (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Straydog said:

Hello

i was trying this mod with my friend, but we encountered strange problem.

When i hosted game, despair works fine for me, but not for my friend who joined. His % of despair was sky rocketing. It was going up atleast 10x faster.
He had 25% in 2 minutes or so.

So we tried to switch places.
My friend hosted game and i joined him. In this case his despair was fine, but mine was raising faster.

Does anyone encounter this bug? Is there any fix?

I'm aware of the bug, and am working to fix it

Hello,
This is an amazing mod, I've been waiting for something similar for years, now finally such a masterpiece comes, huge thanks to the creator of the mod, it's wonderful! Finally a challenge, if it were up to me I would make it a little harder :)) yes, I love it.
Just one thing that I find strange: why did you take away the fun of not having to melt the material in the melt? I think it's a shame. Is there a specific reason for this? Otherwise wonderful mod, thank you for your effort!
  • oh sorry for the size of the text

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Dragon Reborn said:

No but i did 5 of them myself and i can not plant in them

Thanks for the heads-up.

Pushed a fix for this just this minute. Again, should be save-game safe, but back-up just in case :)

2 hours ago, Valar Morghulis said:
Hello,
This is an amazing mod, I've been waiting for something similar for years, now finally such a masterpiece comes, huge thanks to the creator of the mod, it's wonderful! Finally a challenge, if it were up to me I would make it a little harder :)) yes, I love it.
Just one thing that I find strange: why did you take away the fun of not having to melt the material in the melt? I think it's a shame. Is there a specific reason for this? Otherwise wonderful mod, thank you for your effort!
  • oh sorry for the size of the text

First of all - thank you so much, I'm glad you like the mod :)

I removed the forge smelting as it was not something I cared for particularly. That's all 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Hells_Janitor (see edit history)