New Vehicle : RV

AvidDestroyer

I enjoy the current vehicles we have now, but I think it would be cooler to have new additions. Me and my friend came up with the idea of having an RV, which would act as a mobile home. Since it would have a bed, you can spawn in it, as well as store items. This would be nice for players who can't find a good location to have a base or traveling long distances away from home. 

Let me know what you think of this idea!

Or a transport truck. Image all the room you would have back in the box. Plenty for a few beds and benches. You and your friends could do some nomading in that thing.

Not sure what would happen though if someone tried to spawn on their bedroll while it was moving.

18 hours ago, zztong said:

It has been suggested before. It is one of my favorite suggestions.

One of mine as well!

2 hours ago, Gamida said:

Or a transport truck. Image all the room you would have back in the box. Plenty for a few beds and benches. You and your friends could do some nomading in that thing.

Not sure what would happen though if someone tried to spawn on their bedroll while it was moving.

That would be awesome, I would really like to see them implement anything that has to do with living in a vehicle. I just think it's a great idea and fits perfectly to have a mobile home.

1 hour ago, Runeshadow said:

Great idea!  Subnautica had the option of living out of the submarine, you could place crafting devices and storage in there.

Thanks! I really think a mobile home would save a lot of time because you have everything in one area, instead of having to constantly go back to home to smelt, craft using workbenches, grab loot, etc. 

21 minutes ago, Funukemaguro said:

I think a mobile simple base is a good idea, whether for PVP or PVE.
It might be nice to have it to explore a large facility over multiple days.

I haven't really touched PVP all that much, but I would like to see how it would turn out! And yes, it would be nice to explore large cities / buildings without having the need to go back home for supplies.

Good luck driving around the nonsensical streets in the metropolitan areas. Even after building a truck, I prefer the motorcycle because the way the streets connect are completely nonsensical and no city planner would have ever approved it. I want grid-style street networks like in Chicago.

4 hours ago, WonOnOne said:

Good luck driving around the nonsensical streets in the metropolitan areas. Even after building a truck, I prefer the motorcycle because the way the streets connect are completely nonsensical and no city planner would have ever approved it. I want grid-style street networks like in Chicago.

Have you ever driven in Boston?  Lol.  The game starts aren't much worse than that.  The difficulty with streets is that they want to offer a variety of layouts but because things are placed randomly, it just looks to connect the streets and doesn't consider anything else about the streets, so things can really look bad.  With a greater variety of tiles and more that are straight (not specifically straight tiles but roads that are straight regardless if the tile is intersection or T or straight), it would work better.  Also, although you can do a grid layout, not all POI are available on intersection tiles, so you would lose a lot of them in order to have a grid layout.

20 hours ago, WonOnOne said:

We know this is never going to happen. That is why it is in Pimp Dreams (where I think all ideas go to die lol)

I haven't even thought ahead of what the downsides would be. I just think of some positives.

For instance you have players who love to loot but not so much build and some who like to build but not so much loot.

A mobile truck base would allow the looters to not have to be a gazillion miles (km) from the base (even though yes some like the idea of that too. Many different types of playstyles in this game) giving them a little more looting time.

It also allows the base builders a little bit of freedom to not have to travel a gazillion miles (km) to do a little looting themselves helping with the magazine problem of the looters having to be the only ones feeding them magazines. Plus they wouldn't have to wait for looters to come back with materials. They could always have something to do.

Loot respawn rates could be turned up so you would have to make the rounds of most if not all of the populated areas before you could reloot a town or city so travelling would be a must.

As I mentioned though I am only thinking of some pluses of a mobile base. Am sure there are downsides too.

I also think the idea of a little convoy of trucks would be awesome lol.

Trucks with different benches, trucks with farm plots, trucks with dew collectors, etc

Once bandits are in then having to defend them from roving ones would be fun too I would imagine.

Anyway just my weird thoughts on the subject.

On 11/24/2023 at 5:17 PM, Riamus said:

Have you ever driven in Boston?

I lied somewhat. In order to keep my suspension of disbelief, I have to pretend the game takes place in Kansas City. No sense or patterns to the road, and roads split suddenly without warning.

That would be cool. Perhaps it should have a built in bed that doesn't replace your main bed as a spawn point. But rather be a secondary option to spawn at. Give it a built in coal/wood fire oven/stove for making food and drinks. Space for storage boxes or built in containers with the equivalent space

Would the perfect mobile base for traveling around to get resources from farther biomes and shop+do quests at farther traders.

As for the trade offs it could be a bit slower than the 4X4 Truck and require more Gas to fill it

Edited by Gamerdude535 (see edit history)