Cooking Pot Mine...

Old Crow

On 11/21/2023 at 11:11 PM, Old Crow said:

Doesn't require a Cooking Pot to make. Missed opportunity.

Really?

To be honest I have never crafted a mine, as pipe bombs seem to provide a far superior use case.  Mines seem to be a vestige of older PvP play, but are trivialized by the Urban Combat book.

6 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

Really?

To be honest I have never crafted a mine, as pipe bombs seem to provide a far superior use case.  Mines seem to be a vestige of older PvP play, but are trivialized by the Urban Combat book.

I was considering making some mines for horde night, but decided against it. It's just an oddity I noticed while looking at the recipes.

1 hour ago, Old Crow said:

I was considering making some mines for horde night, but decided against it. It's just an oddity I noticed while looking at the recipes.

As someone that has used mines extensively in creating killing fields, they aren't very effective when tightly packed.

I've seen one zed run across 5 of them before blowing up an entire row.  The best way to make them work is in

staggered rows.   But I am going to agree that pipe bombs seem way more effective, and that has a lot to do with

the fact that i can chow down on explosive candy and put the pipe bombs right where i need them instead of

some kind of static defense screen that may or may not get tripped.

But, if you have mines and want to use them maybe just to get rid of them, there's some fun things you can do.

like placing them in front of approaching zeds much like the way you would spike traps.    Every now and then

I'll get nutty and accept mines as quest rewards and use them like that when im bored.   I'm sure this will go

without saying but make sure you've given yourself some room between you and the approaching zed.  

They can also be useful as a low cost warning noise if you get a micro horde approaching your crafting base

and you are fairly certain which way they may path through.

They can be somewhat niche, not worth making yourself most of the time unless you have specific ideas.