What am i doing wrong?

Plexius

ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed
EXC Index was outside the bounds of the array.

i keep getting this error i am making more upgradeable blocks and have a few that work fine the codes on everything seem to match.. is there a limit or certain stats for blocks or why would this even pop up in the first place?

Are you creating a lot of blocks? I mean, one way to get an index outside the bounds of an array of all blocks would be to try to define more blocks than the array was declared to be able to hold. That is, if the game were prepared to track up to 32 blocks, and you defined the 33rd block, the index for the 33rd block to be added would be outside the bounds of the 32 cell array.

That said, I've been told the index is something like a 16-bit unsigned integer, which (if true) allows for a very large index. I've no idea how the array is defined.

The thing is shapes count towards this as well. If you add one new block that can use all shapes, it's counts the same as adding around 2000 blocks. So I think vanilla is sitting around 22k from what I've seen. Which doesn't leave very much room for mods to add, especially if you are trying to do full tiers of blocks in all shapes.

11 hours ago, bdubyah said:

The thing is shapes count towards this as well. If you add one new block that can use all shapes, it's counts the same as adding around 2000 blocks. So I think vanilla is sitting around 22k from what I've seen. Which doesn't leave very much room for mods to add, especially if you are trying to do full tiers of blocks in all shapes.

Ah, I wasn't sure about that.  Thanks.  Originally the shapes were all just blocks, but now they are specified in the shape menu.

That seems better as when I counted the blocks I got such a low number, and I could have sworn that vanilla used up considerable more of the allowed blocks ids than 6k

Sorry for the late response but im glad to come back to this and see these responses i was making 6 new upgradeable blocks but it stops working after the 4th one. im fine with just cutting out the last two and doing them a bit different thanks!