Trader Quest Addendum

CautiousPancake

Overview

Watch the Launch Trailer for an overview, or the linked videos for each new quest type below.

This mod aims to provide some additional variety to the quests available with the following new quests:

There's a horde inbound to one of the trader safehouses - get there and hold them off!

Some survivors are in need of medical supplies - craft / buy / loot the supplies they need, then clear out a poi and drop the supplies in the cache for them.

There's a courier inbound with supplies to drop off, so the trader needs a POI cleared asap - bonus rewards the faster you go!

There's an ... unofficial ... suppply drop inbound coming in overnight, get there and bring it back to the trader - be careful though, it's volatile!

and a couple of variations on the above as well:

• Feed the Famished  (Clear + Food)

Some survivors are starving - help them out with some food!

• Accelerated Annihilation (Infested Speed Clear)

There's a courier inbound with supplies to drop off, so the trader needs an INFESTED POI cleared asap - bonus rewards the faster you go!

Download

The mod can be downloaded from either:

Installation

Unzip and add to Mods folder.

Each quest is in it's own folder, so if there's a quest in there you don't like, you can delete the folder containing that quest, all quests are self-contained, so it will not cause issues with the other quests.

I don't THINK you need to start a new game, you can potentially just add these in and existing games will show them, however please see the warnings below
Should work with EAC turned on!

Warning
This is my first ever mod, so I won't be surprised if there's issues that come from my inexperience.  Things work well for me on singleplayer games, but:

• Multiplayer is untested, although should work server side if I understand things correctly
  • Quests have not been tested with other mods or overhauls
  • Please don't use this on a playthrough that is irreplaceable!

Donations
If you like what I do, please come support me on YouTube by subscribing and watching my content (as long as it's enjoyable - if not, please leave me a comment so I can improve!).

Known Issues

Aid The Afflicted (and Feed the Famished)

• After completing the objective of depositing medical items (or food) in the courier satchel, the next trader destination is unmarked - you'll need to remember where the trader is!
  • After completing the quest, viewing previously completed quest in quest menu will spam index out of range errors.  Click on a different quest to stop the errors - likely related to the quest objectives not showing as complete.

Contraband Collection

• Quitting the game (in singleplayer) during the contraband collection quest while the crate exists can cause an infinite number of console errors when re-loading the game.  A work around exists: quitting and reloading the game again will resolve the issue.

Expedited Eradication

• Failing the quest by leaving the POI does not remove the buffs 

Terms of Use

• As I have learned from all the awesome modders that have previously figured things out and release their mods, please feel free to review how I've done things so you can make new types of quests!
  • Please do not redistribute these quests without permission
  • (optional) If you're making any content for YouTube or twitch where you're playing with the mods on, please let me know so I can watch!

Hi,

First love your work so far. No there is no "BUT" comming.

I did find a odd bug that I posted on the YouTube page for the defend mission but thought more info would help.

" So be playing your MOD and had a really odd bug. On day 3/4 running my second defend mission and the mission was right next to the trader at a pass-in-gas. I had a storage chest setup on the road between that pass-n-gas and had to move it. Ran the mission and found my storage box gone… only then did I notice that there was now a police car in the road that was not there before. Went into my trader and he was also reset “All loot containers full of stuff”. In fact my whole map seems to have all loot containers reset. My base was fine but was protected by a bed roll. Thought you might want to look at the code or make it so your missions happen further from traders as to not test things.I love the defend (mini speed horde” and speed missions."

Other MODs installed:

AFG Hud plus

Craft from containers

GNS beautifuk bases

GNS warm weather

HUD Plus

Khaine's locakable slots

Reach killshot overlay

Reach Sim HUD

Research skill magazine crafting

Did find that my trader would also reset all quest progress if some of the missions were removed between restatrs while within the trader. Did not find the rewards for the food or medical missions made up the cost in the very early game so i tried to remove them and leave the rest but then lost all progress.

One last thing. Not sure if it's intended that zeds spawn within the defend POI missions but what ti the point of building a defence if the zeds just spawn behind the defence.... i did get around this by making my defence area very small that might no be the best idea but it worked. :-)

Not upset at all but watned you to know as I hope you keep working on the MOD.

42 minutes ago, ShadowDragon said:

Little update. I did a full uninstall and then started a new map and took a Defend quest and left items in the mailbox across the street and the quest reset the area around teh safe house but not the wholw mao. 

Hope this further testing helps.

Was it supposed to reset the whole map??
It's normally only supposed to reset the quest area/poi spot where quest goes.

1 hour ago, ShadowDragon said:

Little update. I did a full uninstall and then started a new map and took a Defend quest and left items in the mailbox across the street and the quest reset the area around teh safe house but not the wholw mao. 

Hope this further testing helps.

Thanks for confirming!  It's certainly not supposed to reset the whole map!  There's nothing in there I can think of that would trigger a full map reset, but I will add a Warning that removing the quest you don't like will reset trader progress.

Hi,

I think that it had to do with the range of the reset area. I have found that the defended area seems to have a larger reset range. As the bug happened when the POI was 57m (just across the street) the reset function crossed into the trader-protected area. Could it be that the flag that resets the quest area is not meant to cross into the trader area? Or it could be the above plus the other MODs I a running and they interacted in an odd way.

Edited by ShadowDragon (see edit history)

Hello,

I love this mod but there are some game breaking bugs that can make your game unplayable depending on where you live. I also play with a group and there havent been too many bugs regarding multiplayer.
Firstly, the speed clears do not show up for everyone else in the party. They don't have the quest logged at all, nor does it appear in the game for them(just the party leader). I also made everyone install the mod to test if they could see it if we ALL had the mod, but no luck.
         The biggest bugs I've had was with the defend quest. It's one of my favorite quests but it resets entire POIs from up to 600 meters(could be more) away! Unfortunately it seems to be random on when and where it resets because i've tried duplicating the resets many times. We took over 3 different POIs on different occasions and different areas only to find it reset the entire POI(one time it just deleted all our boxes but left the POI in the destroyed/altered state it was in). All of our stuff was deleted from the server 3 different times so I never had the chance to try and test it further without destroying all of our progress. 
Lastly, the defend POI has another biggish bug. I honestly have no clue why or how it happens but we I accept the quest and start walking around, the entire building collapses as if it was floating in the sky with no foundation. My theory is that it either resets the POI one block above the dirt, or deletes the foundation beneath it. It doesnt change the quest itself, but the building is destroyed and all the loot inside disappears in the rubble. 

Hi,
Loving the quests, but did fine a slight issue with the defend quest.

Not been able to work out why, but it seems something results in the buff being removed from the player and zombies stop appearing making it quite a challenge to complete.

Was thinking at first it might be due to two players doing the quest at once, or maybe just killing too fast or slow, but not been able to repeatedly replicate.  

Great job on these. Variety is the spice of life. I think the defense mission needs the Zeds to drop a bit further away. I didn't watch the videos first and was very surprised when they were all around me. Is there a way to have them spawn just outside the POI? 

Also, any chance you know how to fix the clear missions so you actually have to clear rooms and not just know where all the zeds are? I think it would be good to have a checkpoint in every room so even if you do the rooms out of the "designed" order, you still know what rooms you have not hit yet. 

A clear+building supplies mission would be nice for the early game. could include concrete, cobblestone, storage containers, tools, repair kits, etc. Maybe electrical stuff, but that would be later, T4 or T5 stuff. Also, Clear+clothing/armor. 

And I don't know what challenges this would have (coding-wise) but a race mission would be a lot of fun. a series of checkpoints have to be hit in a given time. The starting point is a random distance from the trader (higher levels start further) and there are a ton of zombies at the points making it hard to hit the point. T1 would be possible by foot. T2 by bike. T3 by scooter. T4 and T5 require a motorcycle or 4x4. In all cases, you have to get out and grab a supply crate. Higher tiers also have more checkpoints. Storyline... because the trader made a bet with another trader that their guy could do it faster than the other trader's guy. Maybe add a nighttime only to the higher tiers. why? because bragging rights! 

On 11/12/2023 at 11:32 AM, ShadowDragon said:

Hi,

I think that it had to do with the range of the reset area. I have found that the defended area seems to have a larger reset range. As the bug happened when the POI was 57m (just across the street) the reset function crossed into the trader-protected area. Could it be that the flag that resets the quest area is not meant to cross into the trader area? Or it could be the above plus the other MODs I a running and they interacted in an odd way.

I think this should be fixed in v1.3 (for A21.2) - I had to add an optional "fetch" as well as some other changes, but I think the poi reset is now working correctly.

If you're dropping into an existing playthrough please keep a backup in case the new quests cause trader progress resets or other issues.

On 11/14/2023 at 6:35 PM, Negative0 said:

Hello,

I love this mod but there are some game breaking bugs that can make your game unplayable depending on where you live. I also play with a group and there havent been too many bugs regarding multiplayer.
Firstly, the speed clears do not show up for everyone else in the party. They don't have the quest logged at all, nor does it appear in the game for them(just the party leader). I also made everyone install the mod to test if they could see it if we ALL had the mod, but no luck.
         The biggest bugs I've had was with the defend quest. It's one of my favorite quests but it resets entire POIs from up to 600 meters(could be more) away! Unfortunately it seems to be random on when and where it resets because i've tried duplicating the resets many times. We took over 3 different POIs on different occasions and different areas only to find it reset the entire POI(one time it just deleted all our boxes but left the POI in the destroyed/altered state it was in). All of our stuff was deleted from the server 3 different times so I never had the chance to try and test it further without destroying all of our progress. 
Lastly, the defend POI has another biggish bug. I honestly have no clue why or how it happens but we I accept the quest and start walking around, the entire building collapses as if it was floating in the sky with no foundation. My theory is that it either resets the POI one block above the dirt, or deletes the foundation beneath it. It doesnt change the quest itself, but the building is destroyed and all the loot inside disappears in the rubble. 

Hi Negative0 - thanks for the info!  The speed clears are not shareable, as I didn't have a way to adjust the timer based on the number of people in the party.  So each person has to do it solo, or bring friends that will help them for sure, but won't get their own rewards.  

For the defend quests - agree this was much buggier than I'd realised, sorry!  I've spent a bunch of time re-doing the spawn logic, and the poi quest info, and I think I've removed all the issues with the oversize poi reset!  

The Poi reset - that's something I've not seen at all, and shouldn't have anyting to do with the quest, but if I'm wrong (which is entirely possible!) hopefully the new poi reset for the new mod update will fix it as well!

v1.3 for A21.2 is out.

If you're dropping into an existing playthrough please keep a backup in case the new quests cause trader progress resets or other issues.

On 11/14/2023 at 10:58 PM, Dominic said:

Hi,
Loving the quests, but did fine a slight issue with the defend quest.

Not been able to work out why, but it seems something results in the buff being removed from the player and zombies stop appearing making it quite a challenge to complete.

Was thinking at first it might be due to two players doing the quest at once, or maybe just killing too fast or slow, but not been able to repeatedly replicate.  

Thanks for this - there was definitely a bug, but it should be fixed in the new update v1.3 for A21.2.