What's a good way of finding out if someones cheating?

mar3ld

I host multiple 7DtD worlds, all with EAC enabled. Sometimes a player comes in and before having played even a day in the game this player is able to kill each and every zombie that is presented. In quick succession too, like multiple zombies a second.

It could be that I'm having a visit by God, most certainly a very successful player should he want to. It could also be that I'm having a cheater on my server.

How do I find this out before giving out perma ban?

It would be terrible by me to exclude a really good player just because it looks like cheating to me, I don't want to be that guy.

I can't answer your question, but if they are fighting zombies that match their level (i.e. not radiated zombies), then killing many zombies easily isn't difficult even on the first day.  If they are working with other people who give them good weapons and armor, it is especially easy to kill anything they find quickly and easily.  They would have more difficulty with radiated zombies but those usually aren't attacking them if they aren't near other high level players even if you are on a high game day.  This of course doesn't mean they aren't cheating but is just meant to show that it's easily possible they are not.  Of course, I can't see what they are doing and maybe it is much worse than what it sounds like in your description.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 5:55 PM, Riamus said:

I can't answer your question, but if they are fighting zombies that match their level (i.e. not radiated zombies), then killing many zombies easily isn't difficult even on the first day.  If they are working with other people who give them good weapons and armor, it is especially easy to kill anything they find quickly and easily.  They would have more difficulty with radiated zombies but those usually aren't attacking them if they aren't near other high level players even if you are on a high game day.  This of course doesn't mean they aren't cheating but is just meant to show that it's easily possible they are not.  Of course, I can't see what they are doing and maybe it is much worse than what it sounds like in your description.

They are most often by themselves. I've played the game for some years now. Looking at how much better another player is is tough .. but maybe you're right about how good some players are at this.

On 9/28/2023 at 5:58 PM, Krougal said:

Follow them around for a bit invisibly? (I'm assuming that is an admin option in this game)

It should be pretty obvious pretty quickly. 

Yes, I'm the admin and I have been following some of them around as invisible. Can't keep up with some of them although I'm in fly mode.