MORE non-BM zombies

Etou

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a repost, I rarely use forums.

I have more than several hundreds if not thousands of hours in this game.. I've been around since 7days' early alpha development. I'm not saying this to brag or anything, it's actually relevant to my point: The game gets too easy, haha! And yeah -- even at insane difficulty. It gets even easier faster when playing with friends. 

So ultimately, I would really want to get an option for MORE non-BM zombies. We do have an option for more BM zombies per player, but not for the regular days. I am using mods right now (Duriel's) to get more zombie spawns, but I'm not someone who likes mods in general. I'd like to get an actual legit option for this instead. Perhaps the zombie spawn rate could also "ramp up" as the days go by, so that we get way more spawns later in the game.

Also, it would be great if we could have more zombie model textures for the "same zombie type". It breaks the immersion a little after a while when you always kill the same-looking lumberjacks or bikers, etc...

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, RipClaw said:

As for the zombie variations, you might be interested in this.

Recent post on the 7D2D facebook page:

"Undead variants coming to Alpha 22 and Consoles. Stay Tuned!"

Not a solution for more different zombie types tbh. I just started Darkness Falls in A21 and even the old models it adds that look worse than the new vanilla ones are a welcome change. Doesn´t matter wich colour the nurse uniform has, it´s still the same zombie.

@Etou I have to agree. We need the slider for the spawn rate back. But i know the answer to that: "It would hurt performance, also wait for Bandits, they will change difficulty a lot." Meh. 

@Adam the Waster I misread something so i edited the cra* out of my post. 😛

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

No. That´s absolutly not what anyone means if they say we need more different zombies. Reskinning doesn´t help at all.

Also OP is talking about the spawn rate not about different zombie types .

And i have to agree. We need the slider for the spawn rate back. But i know the answer to that: "It would hurt performance, also wait for Bandits, they will change difficulty a lot." Meh. 

Once optimization comes then it shouldn't be that much of a issue then hopefully 

Zombie spawn slider, wild screamers/POI screamers would also do great at adding more zombie spawns, screamers like in the city or randomly in the woods would be a nice addition to artificially add more zombies and another threat. 

Today I went to the outdoor wedding place and I saw the screamer! That was cool and also almost made me @%$# myself 

In pois at least they should snore loudly so you can tell if there in there and only spawn in the open 

And the bandit excuse doesn't mean much. Yes I want different combat but still wanna fight zombies cuz at its core it's a zombie game.  

5 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

*insane rambling*

In terms of the skins for zombies I think it's great the main ones I'm looking forward too Is stuff like the bowler cuz it changes other details 

Like image hazmat zombies wearing firefighter colors and emblems, solders wearing swat all black with police logos. 

Bikers having different gangs or patterns on helmets. Ect 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

11 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Not a solution for more different zombie types tbh. I just started Darkness Falls in A21 and even the old models it adds that look worse than the new vanilla ones are a welcome change. Doesn´t matter wich colour the nurse uniform has, it´s still the same zombie.

I look at different textures on zombies the same way I look at different colors on cars. Two cars that are identical down to the nuts and bolts actually look different to us if they are different colors.

Of course, they are still the same zombies, but what game has dozens of different enemies or background characters? Most of the time it's the same face and body, but with a different texture.

Aight... well, thanks guys.

I suppose that different outfit/colors is better than nothing for sure. I hope TFP will consider adding more zombie types in the future, but after checking the forum a bit more, it seems like a frequently requested thing.

As for the main point of my post, I guess I'll be patient and wait for Bandits... still, even if we do get bandits -- if would be great to have sliders for that too! More zombies, less bandits, or vice-versa. Perhaps some people won't like them, so sliders for both could definitely help here.

Even if performance is the main debatable point for too many zombie spawns, I think the bottom line: it's our problem if our PCs can't run it (unless it's a server/engine limitation thing at a DEV level). Regardless, I'm not experiencing issues with the Duriel x16 mod -- even the x128 mod runs smoothly... so I dunno! Food for thought. They can just put a disclaimer on the slider that says "use at your own risk"...

Thanks for your responses and consideration nonetheless :)

16 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Not a solution for more different zombie types tbh

No one said it was. And honestly, would you rather them do nothing instead of introducing skin variants? Every zombie game I've ever played has a handful of models that are then reskinned to add variation. TFP are doing nothing different than games like L4D and Days Gone.

• 1 month later...

Hello, this is my first post here. I just got into the game with A21. I'm confident in saying that this might be my favorite game of all time. I have a little over 500 hours and I can't stop playing it. 

This subject covers the main thing that I would like to see in the game. If you watch a lot of zombie movies/shows, you'll see that most of the zombies look generic and very similar. And then there's kinda like the lead zombies; the ones that get the closeups and eat one of the main characters. 7 Days, right now, has only lead zombies. Even though all the 7 Days zombies have very distinct looks, it makes it feel more repetitive.

I'm watching a video right now of A16 gameplay and the zombies had muted colors. They all had a bit more of a similar look to each other, to where it's more difficult to tell them apart, and that aides that zombie movie vibe.  

I do think the color variants slated for A22 is gonna help in this area, but I think an easy and effective solution would be to add 5 or 6 more texture models, that have similar color palettes and slight variations to their appearance, to pad things out. Take those textures and just slap them on to existing animations. Then sprinkle in all the current lead zombies we all know and love.