Why is this chicom sponsored bull@%$# running on my SP game?

Krougal

10 hours ago, Maharin said:

Also consider that this is likely not the only game you own with this tech or something similar.

Or, in other words, if you're on the Internet then you're compromised.

Not the only one, just among the most obnoxious about it. I also don't allow any/all traffic in or out for that matter.

8 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

While this is not completly false, you don´t think keeping the damage as low as possible is a good idea?

Yes, it's all about minimizing your attack surface.

Just now, Maharin said:

Damage to whom?  A good reality check could be a motivator for some defensive strategies.  :p

Yes, and since I was part of that OPM breach several years back, China already has all my personal info. Still no reason to continue furnishing with daily status updates.

There is no good reason for any of these services to run on my system or be able to collect data but it goes deeper than this. Many people do not seem to realize just how bad EAC is. Do you not understand that you are giving them carte blanche access to your system, so even if for arguments sake we give them the benefit of the doubt say they are not doing anything nefarious, tomorrow that could change.

13 minutes ago, Maharin said:

Damage to whom?  A good reality check could be a motivator for some defensive strategies.  :p

Yeah, i have experienced that people who accepted that they are glas humans can´t be bothered to even think otherwise than this beeing the standard and that everyone else should accept that. Not gonna bother to discuss taht here. I just want EOS to be optional as the majority of players shouldn´t have to deal to with the needs of a minority.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

It is possible, based on responses, that my take on this was misinterpreted.  I am opposed to the technology that is the focus of this thread.  I was also pointing out that this product is far from alone in its behavior and our use of cell phones, ISPs, web site browsing, your choice of defensive software (AV for instance), etc. are all vying for our data and succeeding far beyond what most people accept as reality.  As I said, if you're online then you and your data are compromised... even with a metric crap-ton of defenses in place.

6 minutes ago, Maharin said:

It is possible, based on responses, that my take on this was misinterpreted.  I am opposed to the technology that is the focus of this thread.  I was also pointing out that this product is far from alone in its behavior and our use of cell phones, ISPs, web site browsing, your choice of defensive software (AV for instance), etc. are all vying for our data and succeeding far beyond what most people accept as reality.  As I said, if you're online then you and your data are compromised... even with a metric crap-ton of defenses in place.

All very true. That doesn't change the fact that we're here to talk about THIS particular instance. Granted it is hard to discuss it without delving into related topics (and I am the first one to go off on a tangent). 

So I figured out how to save your character (mostly)

\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\'MAPNAME'\'SAVEGAMENAME'\Player

You will find 3 files that are named EOS_'bunchofnumbers' .map .ttp and .ttp.bak 

If you copy and rename them to Steam_'youruserid'.map and .ttp (you can probably skip the bak file)

Easy way to get them would be remove the EOS from Crossplay and it will create them for you so you don't have to worry about getting the name wrong.

Now I say mostly, because my drone shutdown and locked and my bike is locked, and I imagine I am locked out of other things, but at least they are easily fixable with the DM. Probably best to move these things into your inventory before making the switch. And my turrets...yeah, and I seem to remember being able to select and unlock things (like safes) but that doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. Anyone? Oh, and your LCB...so this is a @%$#ing pita. LCB at least you can just give yourself the dev SMG (super digger) and remove and replace it. Really better to just start a new game probably, but I wanted to see if it could be done, and it can.

The Openresty thing seems to work, since without it you will be forced into offline mode (which also kinda works), but c'mon it is wrong that one should need to go through all these measures to bypass this crap. It is too much for the average person and that's why most of them just sit there and suck it up. I mean y'all already got my money so you can ignore me all you want, but you aren't going to get anymore out of me in the future if your next product has this crap embedded in it so obnoxiously, of course the rate you guys work, I will be dead before this game is out of alpha 😛

I also haven't tried online play with it yet, although obviously EAC has to be disabled on the server(s) you play on.

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Krougal said:

Oh, and your LCB...so this is a @%$#ing pita. LCB at least you can just give yourself the dev SMG (super digger) and remove and replace it. Really better to just start a new game probably…

That part can be painless at least. You can craft and place another land claim block (for a cheap 5 stones), and the game will automatically disable your old land claim block, without you having to destroy it.

2 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

That part can be painless at least. You can craft and place another land claim block (for a cheap 5 stones), and the game will automatically disable your old land claim block, without you having to destroy it.

It considers you a different player. It's still pretty easy though yeah. The super digger 1 shots it. Alternately you could remove them before you swap.