Too many zombies in walls and ceilings

meilodasreh

19 hours ago, Krougal said:

I haven't really noticed the infestations being any more difficult than the base POI they are in.

Since I frequently double-dip, I can tell you there don't seem to be any extra zeds. Maybe there should be and it is broken.

Huh? 🤔 Shouldn't this simply double the amount of zombie spawns? How could such a (seemingly) simple feature be broken for somebody.

You have mods that could interfere with this?

Or maybe it's the "max alive" thing in the game options that limits it? ...well it shouldn't in this case, so one could call that "broken" then indeed. 🤔

7 hours ago, zztong said:

Nope. I'm not disputing it at all. I was saying the choices you make are based on your opinions, goals, desires and the facts.

I likely quoted that one point you made too closely, as I have seen people suggest that is a sole reason for why they thought stealth was worthless. You did have other reasons.

That was the one part that wasn't my opinion, I don't know why you homed in on that, but you clearly didn't understand me.

I was just listing the pros and cons of the agility tree as I see them. I am a big fan of it and I have spent several alphas as a stealth primary build.

6 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

Huh? 🤔 Shouldn't this simply double the amount of zombie spawns? How could such a (seemingly) simple feature be broken for somebody.

You have mods that could interfere with this?

Or maybe it's the "max alive" thing in the game options that limits it? ...well it shouldn't in this case, so one could call that "broken" then indeed. 🤔

It is highly possible. Granted it is possible there are more and I just don't notice. I mean if I see a wandering horde passing me by I go chasing after them. Jumping up and down yelling "Kill! Kill! Kill!"

I have the headshot damage cranked up high enough to be 1 shot, 1 kill with pretty much any weapon so that does skew my perspective a bit I suppose.

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

22 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

No change to experience though? See I am used to higher difficulties rewarding more exp. I assumed the zeds would be harder, but why do that if it's the same exp?

There is a setting for xp % there can independently be adjusted

I know, up to 300%. We sometimes do bonus exp weekends. I meant to the base exp. Based on all of my previous gaming experience, higher difficulties allow one to gain more experience. This may not be the case here and that is fine, but I didn't get an instruction booklet with 7 Days, unlike with Duck Hunt, so I am not sure what the difficulty messes with beyond buffing the player or the zeds.

8 minutes ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

I know, up to 300%. We sometimes do bonus exp weekends. I meant to the base exp. Based on all of my previous gaming experience, higher difficulties allow one to gain more experience. This may not be the case here and that is fine, but I didn't get an instruction booklet with 7 Days, unlike with Duck Hunt, so I am not sure what the difficulty messes with beyond buffing the player or the zeds.

It changes from build to build. We used to have a lot less options and so many things were coupled to difficulty.

I think XP might have been before there was the slider. Block damage also, that I remember since I was one of the main people pushing for it.

Probably more things that I can't remember offhand.