I love Repairing my Car every few SECONDS

1 hour ago, Old Crow said:

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Is this also the reason the motorcycle and 4X4 take off so sluggishly? Both feel like they're dragging on something when I first start moving, even with a supercharger installed.

its especially noticable on the Rust donkey when u hit a Zombie... it feels like an eternity to gain some speed again

3 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Is this also the reason the motorcycle and 4X4 take off so sluggishly? Both feel like they're dragging on something when I first start moving, even with a supercharger installed.

I don't think so, Meganoth said it was top speed & cruising speed, nothing about acceleration.

Having messed around with the sound volumes, which are tied to the gear shifts, I think you'd have to play around with those settings (RPM and Torque and the like) to adjust accel.

3 hours ago, Old Crow said:

I can only say that we felt the motorcycle accelerating faster when we added the supercharger, but there seems to be nothing in the xml directly that would make that happen. So maybe we were just hallucinating.

My guess is acceleration is tied to torque, which probably ties in with max speed to determine acceleration.  But that's just a guess.  I know they changed torque in A21 and the acceleration felt slower than A20 but that may just be a coincidence.  I've gotten used to it, though.  I don't even think about the acceleration anymore.  I just hate not having a supercharger and they are so hard to find a schematic for that you're driving around really slowly until you finally find one.  That's a bit frustrating since the speed without a supercharger is reduced from A20.

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

My guess is acceleration is tied to torque, which probably ties in with max speed to determine acceleration.  But that's just a guess.  I know they changed torque in A21 and the acceleration felt slower than A20 but that may just be a coincidence.  I've gotten used to it, though.  I don't even think about the acceleration anymore.  I just hate not having a supercharger and they are so hard to find a schematic for that you're driving around really slowly until you finally find one.  That's a bit frustrating since the speed without a supercharger is reduced from A20.

Yeah, best as I can tell, those would be the settings to mess with. I just haven't had the time or the desire. My biggest gripes were the noise from the gyro, mini & 4x4 and then everything being made of tissue paper. I'm still not sure about the turbo. I mean obviously shift works when running, and last time I was on a bicycle I could tell but otherwise not so sure. I keep forgetting to cheat myself in fresh vehicles to see if that changes anything. Tomorrow.

On 8/8/2023 at 10:25 PM, Krougal said:

And you carry an extra stack of gas and an extra vehicle? That's just crazy to me. I mean I probably carry way too much gear but I couldn't imagine cramming in more, especially with vanilla size inventory. Granted lately I am carrying 2 vehicles, but that's because I don't trust the gyrocopter not to blow up on me, and I've got 96 slots.

I do.  At some point inventory space even in vanilla becomes a non-issue.   I am blessed with having two of my buddies I play 7Days with are part of Goon Swarm in Eve Online.  They do not suffer having a lack of inventory space long, and whenever anything that buffs inventory space comes around they make sure the rest of us have what we need. 

13 hours ago, Lasher said:

Designed so you burn through loads more repair kits.

And hence more duct tape.

Supposedly this makes the game more "Challenging"

As opposed to just adding more content...

Working as intended...

well... yea.
they wanted it to be more CHALLENGING... but completely missed the bar and made playing 7 days more tedious.
i am no stranger to challenging Survival gameplay. but making the Game insufferable Tedious and limiting how u play in just one direction is not Sandbox like how TFP call their game. Sandbox means i have freedom to do whatever i want. that was the case with alpha 20... alpha 21 removed the freedom and now i am forced to do Trader quest, i am forced to loot sh*tty books, i am forced to compete for loot with my friends when before i just could stay at home and provide for my team with a upgraded base, food, ammo and more, u are forced to build dew collectors just for Water, u are forced to craft more repair kits cuz of the vehicle changes and so on.
There is no challenge in forcing players to play by TFP's crappy rules and make em run in one direction only.
The roles of the Basebuilder, Resource Gatherer are gone... now there is only do Quests and loot and kill... <one way only.
and adding more decorative blocks and building block shapes is in their eyes new content...

Edited by ShadeColdfang (see edit history)

リペアキットはあふれるほど手に入るうえ、大量生産も容易なので特に難しいチャレンジではなく、
修理の手間だけが表面化しています。

しかし、a21ではクエスト報酬で強力な装備が手に入るため、
バイオームのLS補正を活かす必要がほとんどなく、遠征をする必要はありません。
T6クエストは遠方にマーカーが出現しますが、その報酬はT5クエストから比べて魅力的ではなく(銃の品質補正が小さくなったため、品質5以下でも問題ない)、
T5infestedクエストはT4poiを使用するため、一日何件も攻略可能なほど簡単です。

結果的に自転車だけでも問題はなく、そのために車の耐久力は低くても問題はありません。
しかし、特にメリットのない遠征を楽しむプレイヤーだけがデメリットを被るのは、歪な状態です。

(Google Translation)

Repair kits are abundantly available and easy to mass-produce, so it's not a particularly difficult challenge.
Only the hassle of repairs has surfaced.

However, in a21, you can get powerful equipment as a quest reward,
There is little need to take advantage of biome LS modifiers, and no need to go on expeditions.
The T6 quest spawns a marker in the distance, but its reward is less attractive than from the T5 quest (the gun quality modifier is now smaller, so quality 5 or less is fine),
T5infested quests use T4poi, so it's easy enough to complete multiple times a day.

As a result, there is no problem with just a bicycle, so there is no problem even if the durability of the car is low.
However, it is a distorted state that only players who enjoy expeditions with no particular merit suffer demerits.