When do air drops drop?

Hi,

I have returned to the game recently to play with a friend and I have completely forgot about air drops. Now I checked the server settings and they should drop every 3 days and be marked on the map.

What I'm wondering is, when set to drop every 3 days I guess they will drop on day 3, 6, 9 and so on? The reason I'm asking is that we are on day 7 and I never heard the plane or saw the drop marked on the map/compass.

Is there currently a bug with air drops? Do they drop normally for you? Is there a bug where they are silent? I do not have any game sounds muted or any mods installed. They should be dropping normally. (There's always a chance I have just unintentionally ignored them but I've set days to last too long and now it's gonna be a while till we get to day 9...)

21 minutes ago, ImpavidTurtle said:

Is there currently a bug with air drops? Do they drop normally for you? Is there a bug where they are silent? I do not have any game sounds muted or any mods installed. They should be dropping normally. (There's always a chance I have just unintentionally ignored them but I've set days to last too long and now it's gonna be a while till we get to day 9...)

Air drops are bugged in experimental A21.1 right now and do not spawn at all.

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)

Edit: okay, so the following is when airdrops are working.  Apparently they are broken in A21.1 experimental.  They do work in A21.0 stable.

They drop at noon at the frequency you set.  They won't drop in day one if you have them set to every day, so I'm not positive of they drop on day 3 or 4 when set to every 3 days.  I've never looked at the day to find out.  But I am guessing they start on day 4 when set to every 3 days.

Double check that the option to display the air drops on your map is enabled.  If disabled, you might just not notice.  They'll still be there if you happen to drive near them, though.

I haven't had any problems with air drops myself.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

2 hours ago, OneManStanding said:

We see the plane, someone goes and gets the supplies. Nevertheless we keep being surprised by random airdrops that pop up on our map whilst we're heading somewhere. Don't know what to make of it. 

I've run into that too - I always assumed it was an airdrop that happened while I wasn't on, and no one else bothered to go get it.

7 hours ago, Riamus said:

Yeah, if an airdrop isn't picked up (like if you're in a POI and don't notice the plane as you're fighting), it will remain there until someone finds it.

I won't say that's not a likely possibility, but we struck out in a direction we'd never been before - map was all grey in that direction - and came across a random air drop half way to the objective.

So, to conclude, they should work as they did in good old A16.4, but they are broken in A21.1.

I only played A21 for like 2 in game days so never had a chance for an airdrop to drop.

Thanks for the help good people.

Also,

How much drop would an airdrop drop if an airdrop could drop drop?

5 hours ago, OneManStanding said:

I won't say that's not a likely possibility, but we struck out in a direction we'd never been before - map was all grey in that direction - and came across a random air drop half way to the objective.

That isn't impossible, though the airdrops are normally no more than maybe 500-600m from a player.  That can be somewhere you haven't been before, though.  If you're talking multiple kilometers away from any explored area, then that sounds like it would have been a bug.