[bug] Game crashes on 4K resolution

HakkaH

The game crashes on 4K resolution at random.

System Specs:

AMD Threadripper 1950x

32GB ram

Nvidia RTX 3080TI

When I set my resolution lower there are no issues.

Also when it crashes to desktop. Steam also crashes with it.

Game is CPU bound, and that CPU is not really up to snuff.  Even when it released, the biggest con to the chipset was "Low resolution gaming performance". It's fine at doing a bunch of single-threaded tasks, but when attempting to do multi-threaded operations it falls flat on its face. Single-core performance is not far from where 7th-gen Intel CPU's sit, and they're just overclocked 6th-gen chips.

The higher you set your resolution, the more of a load you will be putting on your CPU. It doesn't matter that you have a 3080Ti, your bottleneck is your CPU.

IMHO, the game doesn't really benefit from 4k anyway. It's not like this is CyberPunk. 

quite frankly... with how TFP has updated most of the graphics... you no longer need to set everything up on max settings to get very nice graphics...  (unless you feel the need to of course).

i have 3 damn good powerful compys here in the apartment and even tho i can run all 4K at max.. i choose 1440 and still get 4K appearance but better fps at the lower resolution.

i have an I9 8 core 11900K 64G ram on nvme m.2 with rtx 3060 with 12GVRAM and 3 - 4K monitors.

there is only one game that makes my compy sweat and i can still run it and that is ARK.

so i agree with sylen here that the biggest issue you may have is the processor, you should also check video drivers and make sure your mobo is updated properly.

also... you can better help with your issue if you would have clicked on the red banner and provided far more info.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

On 7/23/2023 at 10:56 PM, HakkaH said:

The game crashes on 4K resolution at random.

System Specs:

AMD Threadripper 1950x

32GB ram

Nvidia RTX 3080TI

When I set my resolution lower there are no issues.

Also when it crashes to desktop. Steam also crashes with it.

i play on 3840x1090 ultra wide 4k

you need more power...with 5950x 16cores / rx6900xt 16gb and 64gb ram (grafix all max) it runs good...

or you choose grafix low