Gaming laptop that will survive horde nights?

I travel somewhat for work, and I'm trying to figure out what gaming laptop to get to be entertained during boring hotel visits. Naming a budget (1500€'ish) is a wee tricky, since prices here in Finland are probably way different than elsewhere, but I've been looking at HP, Lenovo, Asus laptops with a 3070 GPU. 

So, all the laptop people, what do you guys play this game with and how does your machinery perform during hordes or a Higashi clensing?

In my opinion, your most important considerations are:

• Make sure it has a dedicated GPU instead of integrated.  Integrated GPUs are horrible for gaming.
  • Make sure you have a good CPU, preferably above the recommended rather than minimum for the game.
  • Get 32GB RAM (or more) if possible.
  • Make sure the hard drive is SSD (and preferably a fast M.2 SSD).

Beyond that, I never recommend HP for computers. :)

Also, I've noticed more people talking about issues with graphics and lag when using AMD GPUs.  I have one and it works well for me but it does seem more people are posting about issues have AMD instead of Nvidia.  I like both brands and would normally recommend either but you might want to do a forum search for the specific GPU and see if anyone's posted about graphics or lag problems who has that same GPU just to be safe.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

@Riamus I have zero lag using a AMD RX6600XT. I do have a I7 13700K with 32GB of RAM though. I upgraded from a AMD R5 3600/16 GB RAM wich ran with the same GPU and all lag was gone. 60FPS with 40 zombies during hordenight and only few small drops when entering downtown, stable 60 once it´s loaded in even near skyscrapers. On Ultra Preset. Just turned off motion blur and depth of field.

Would be interesting what kind of CPU the people complaining about lag with AMD have. The game is heavily CPU bound in most situations.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Riamus I have zero lag using a AMD RX6600XT. I do have a I7 13700K with 32GB of RAM though. I upgraded from a AMD R5 3600/16 GB RAM wich ran with the same GPU and all lag was gone. 60FPS with 40 zombies during hordenight and only few small drops when entering downtown, stable 60 once it´s loaded in even near skyscrapers. On Ultra Preset. Just turned off motion blur and depth of field.

Would be interesting what kind of CPU the people complaining about lag with AMD have. The game is heavily CPU bound in most situations.

The posts I've seen have mostly related to graphics glitches but lag does come up.  I can't say exactly the cause for them.  I know I use AMD CPU and GPU and they are older - maybe 5 years or so - and I don't have any glitches and only see lag in large cities most of the time.  I could reduce that if I lowered graphics but I don't really want to lower the graphics so I live with it.  :)  I just mentioned it in case they want to consider that in deciding what to get.

I'm doing just fine with my somewhat spendy laptop.  

ASUS 2021 ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition 15.6 

QHD 165Hz display, AMD Ryzen 9 5980HX, 64GB RAM, 4TB PCIe SSD, RGB Backlit Keyboard, 12GB Radeon RX 6800M, Windows 11 Pro