DC from Dedicated private server

siku

20 hours ago, Riamus said:

The log shows a network timeout for invalid password.  Might want to start there.

it is weird cus she could still log in, but it still didnt fix the problem.

She re-entered the password and after 65 minutes she DC again.

Nothing else in the log is helpful? i can post the new one

4 hours ago, siku said:

it is weird cus she could still log in, but it still didnt fix the problem.

She re-entered the password and after 65 minutes she DC again.

Nothing else in the log is helpful? i can post the new one

Yeah, I'd post the new one where she was online for longer as the cause of that disconnect is probably different.  The first log just shows the disconnect for password so won't help with any other issues.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

16 hours ago, Riamus said:

Yeah, I'd post the new one where she was online for longer as the cause of that disconnect is probably different.  The first log just shows the disconnect for password so won't help with any other issues.

now it happened again with another user, exact same thing and re-entered password

https://pastebin.com/jVMSPbed

After re-entered password, they just get DC, i think it says in this log, both issues.

server logs in 2 parts

https://pastebin.com/nybJ8FP4 Part 1

https://pastebin.com/1iwjMTmu  Part 2

Edited by siku (see edit history)

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

The client log is from 9th of July, the server log from 10th of July at a different time of day. Did that user have the problem both days?

Sorry about that :o

https://pastebin.com/YjBEKaQL here is the player log with invalid password, which is strange because the password is correct

https://pastebin.com/03Mk7qi1 This is a portion of the server log.

I would guess from the invalid password issue that long into the game that it isn't a password issue so much as no password is received due to a network problem.  I know that I lost internet for a minute last night, which isn't normal here.  Maybe you or they had an internet problem for just long enough to cause the disconnect.

Interesting line in the log:

WRN NET: LiteNetLib: SendData requested for unknown client EntityID=553, PltfmId='Steam_76561198970031981', CrossId='EOS_0002cc0255d94fa2835680d09b1846df', OwnerID='Steam_76561198970031981', PlayerName='HeyLook'

Only a warning, only a developer could tell us if that is in any way relevant. Though I wonder why the client is called unknown, his id is known in all detail? Did it lose the IP address?

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Interesting line in the log:

WRN NET: LiteNetLib: SendData requested for unknown client EntityID=553, PltfmId='Steam_76561198970031981', CrossId='EOS_0002cc0255d94fa2835680d09b1846df', OwnerID='Steam_76561198970031981', PlayerName='HeyLook'

Only a warning, only a developer could tell us if that is in any way relevant. Though I wonder why the client is called unknown, his id is known in all detail? Did it lose the IP address?

his IP is in the server log.

i saw this as well

2023-07-11T01:20:21 69260.350 INF GMSG: Player 'HeyLook' left the game
2023-07-11T01:20:21 69260.350 INF Exited thread NCS_Writer_0_0
2023-07-11T01:20:21 69260.351 ERR Save PlayerData file: The process cannot access the file 'd:\home\sid_5252775\sevenDaysLatestExperimental\saves\Old Ziweuro Valley\ZombieMoo\Player\EOS_0002cc0255d94fa2835680d09b1846df.ttp.tmp' because it is being used by another process.

https://pastebin.com/zv9cDrwd this forked his game on steam, Steam no longer recognized the game and had to do a complete reinstall.

not sure if it fixes it either as he just reinstalled it.

I'll throw my 2 cents in here. You are running a bunch of mods, do you know if they have all been updated for A21? Secondly, I see some errors with prefabs....do you have custom prefabs installed? What version was this seed created on? One of the experimentals or is this seed created with the stable A21 release? Then I see this error a few times:  

1. 2023-07-10T09:16:43 11441.978 ERR IsMovementBlocked pipeSmallWall1x3 at -251, 34, -4125 has child parent, abandonedPickupTruck3Wide01Orange at -251, 33, -4125 and I'm not sure what that means.

11 hours ago, Star69 said:

I'll throw my 2 cents in here. You are running a bunch of mods, do you know if they have all been updated for A21? Secondly, I see some errors with prefabs....do you have custom prefabs installed? What version was this seed created on? One of the experimentals or is this seed created with the stable A21 release? Then I see this error a few times:  

1. 2023-07-10T09:16:43 11441.978 ERR IsMovementBlocked pipeSmallWall1x3 at -251, 34, -4125 has child parent, abandonedPickupTruck3Wide01Orange at -251, 33, -4125 and I'm not sure what that means.

no mods

Edit- no mods BUT i did try to turn one on early game to try something.

Didnt work, so i turned it off right away

its as vanilla A21 public as it can be

23 hours ago, Star69 said:

That last error should have already been fixed I think, which suggests an older save.

11 hours ago, siku said:

no mods

Edit- no mods BUT i did try to turn one on early game to try something.

Didnt work, so i turned it off right away

If you enable and disable mods in an active game, it will often mess up the game.

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

That last error should have already been fixed I think, which suggests an older save.

If you enable and disable mods in an active game, it will often mess up the game.

can this cause so many issues with connectivity though?

6 hours ago, siku said:

can this cause so many issues with connectivity though?

It's really hard to say since mods can affect all kinds of things depending what they do.  An easy test if this is happening every time is to start up a new save and have them join it to see if they get disconnected on that save.  It wouldn't verify if the cause was removing a mod mid-game but it would at least let you know if it's a  problem with the save rather than their system or the network connection.

4 hours ago, Riamus said:

It's really hard to say since mods can affect all kinds of things depending what they do.  An easy test if this is happening every time is to start up a new save and have them join it to see if they get disconnected on that save.  It wouldn't verify if the cause was removing a mod mid-game but it would at least let you know if it's a  problem with the save rather than their system or the network connection.

could maybe try later.

but if this is the case, then it should be happening to the rest of us too?

we are 9 people playing and only 2 of them are having DC issues with Invalid password and timeouts.

One American and one European, both having same exact issues

On 7/11/2023 at 8:33 AM, siku said:

no mods

I apologize....still getting used to the new nuances of A21 logs. The 'mods' I saw are actually the Alloc server fixes at were added to vanilla but are called 'mods' in the logs. Your problem is perplexing, that's for sure.

10 hours ago, Star69 said:

I apologize....still getting used to the new nuances of A21 logs. The 'mods' I saw are actually the Alloc server fixes at were added to vanilla but are called 'mods' in the logs. Your problem is perplexing, that's for sure.

no need to apologize, problem seems to be worse than ever for for one of my people lol, while the issue has lightened its load on others.

Really weird

Would you be willing to remove the password on the server for a trial to see if it disconnects the affected players? I know the reasons to have it passworded but testing without a password should narrow things down to some sort of issue with the password system, maybe. I've never heard of a similar problem before but this might be of help.

11 hours ago, Star69 said:

Would you be willing to remove the password on the server for a trial to see if it disconnects the affected players? I know the reasons to have it passworded but testing without a password should narrow things down to some sort of issue with the password system, maybe. I've never heard of a similar problem before but this might be of help.

i was thinking this and rather try white list.

Turned off Telnet and Password on the server.

He still got invalid password BUT! also extra issues.

https://pastebin.com/fEibt1GU

2023-07-19T04:52:48 3063.318 WRN [EOS] [LogAnalytics - Warning] EventCache either took too long to flush (1.296 ms) or had a very large payload (0.609 KB, 1 events). Listing events in the payload for investigation:
2023-07-19T04:52:48 3063.318 WRN [EOS] [LogAnalytics - Warning]     EOSSDK.HTTP.Complete,611
2023-07-19T04:52:57 3072.569 INF Loading and creating shader control textures took 11211ms
2023-07-19T04:53:05 3080.573 INF Loading and parsing of generator took 8003ms
2023-07-19T04:53:23 3097.748 WRN [Steam] Tick took exceptionally long: 45 ms

this caught my eye, this is new.

he can also Cannot rejoin the server after the crash.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/950133012631277618/1131193119606579271/image.png

I’ve seen similar lines in other logs that no one has given any suggestions that worked but I will toss out some things. Be sure that on the server and players computers that you have excluded the game folder and saves folder from you antivirus software, including if you use Windows Defender. Before A21, the vast majority of EOS errors resolved once those folders were excluded. Is this the same for A21? I don’t know but it’s worth a try.

On your router, be sure that the correct ports are forwarded: tcp 26900 and udp 26900-26903.

Tfp added a network workaround in the settings. Have your friend select that option for her game. This would be the easiest to try and she can just uncheck it if it doesn’t help.

On 7/23/2023 at 3:17 AM, Star69 said:

I’ve seen similar lines in other logs that no one has given any suggestions that worked but I will toss out some things. Be sure that on the server and players computers that you have excluded the game folder and saves folder from you antivirus software, including if you use Windows Defender. Before A21, the vast majority of EOS errors resolved once those folders were excluded. Is this the same for A21? I don’t know but it’s worth a try.

On your router, be sure that the correct ports are forwarded: tcp 26900 and udp 26900-26903.

Tfp added a network workaround in the settings. Have your friend select that option for her game. This would be the easiest to try and she can just uncheck it if it doesn’t help.

Awesome, thanks for continuation of responding 😃

On 7/23/2023 at 3:17 AM, Star69 said:

Doesnt work.

its a tad less frequent with no password, but still there, also whitelist doesnt help.

These fixes you put it doesnt help either =(

we tried something new and this is what happened.

Gportal - Disconnect very often
Nitrado - No disconnect BUT fell through the ground and became stuck, Admin powers and debug mdoe flying did not work to fix it.

- Through internet he could not download the RWG map, Switched to Mobile network and it worked.

If it is his provider that doesnt like something about the game, is this something TFP can fix?