Lootable horde night base

myrkana

Anyone have any suggestions for a lootable horde night base? My absolute favorite base used to be a small pit with turrets, blade traps, and holes for us to shoot through. We could loot quite a bit and access the traps from the bottom to repair throughout the night. We built our entire base below it (a lot of digging lol) and the occasional zombie would fall into our pit and activate the motion sensors. With digging the base doesnt work well anymore but I do miss the ability to loot much of the bags that drop with my current designs.

If it matters one of us is using machine guns and bats, the other pistols and knives.

Picture appreciated :)

Edited by myrkana (see edit history)

Just now, myrkana said:

I have 50 or 60 minute days I forget which. The bags despawn after a few minutes. 

Well the mod still solves that problem. I could have sworn it was longer, but looking at the mod description it´s only 5mins they last.

Getting to loot in peace is a little tricky.. the best ones are using/abusing the pathing. You have two fighting positions, and a way to choose pathing by toggling hatches, either inside your base or out. Once you have a few bags gathered at the first position, you toggle the paths so new zeds sod off to the other position.

Don't have any pictures to share, haven't done one in ages; at least most of my bags seem to make it to dawn so I haven't bothered lately. And it would heavily depend on what kind of base you want to use anyway, when I bother building a proper base, mine are mostly in-your-face meleeable fence systems or some such nonsense.

31 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well the mod still solves that problem. I could have sworn it was longer, but looking at the mod description it´s only 5mins they last.

I've made this mistake before. I think that mod is either outdated or has an incorrect description. On standard 60 minute days, bags typically will not despawn until shortly after the conclusion of the bloodmoon horde, which again based on default settings, lasts 6 in-game hours (22:00 to 04:00).

5 mins of real time will only be 2 in-game hours. So the bags should stick around for at least 15 minutes real time. I haven't looked at the code, but I've read elsewhere that the despawn time is 20 minutes real time. I typically play with longer night cycles which makes the bloodmoon last until 06:00 (still 60 minute days) which means my bloodmoons last 8 in-game hours. If I'm not fast enough, my bags will start to despawn, but I generally don't have an issue.

Edited by Syphon583 (see edit history)

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Like that one railing, forgot the name, something with B.

"A" for effort, but not exactly precise.. ;) Thanks anyway!

Nowadays I tend to make my bases purely for fighting, but some of those might be useful for repairs and wiring, might have to check for that reason. Good old poles and plates still do the trick for the most part ... :)