Remove the Crosshairs when Aiming down sights.

FZNLINK

I have a couple of thoughts about this.

The first being, since you're new here - be aware that making requests like also affect other players.  There are people in this game that are totally okay with crosshairs, whether in combination with ADS or not.

Secondly, I'd support an option to turn crosshairs on an off.  I think this might already exist, but I've never tried looking for it either.

On 7/2/2023 at 6:57 PM, FZNLINK said:

Simply remove crosshairs when aimed in.

Oh please, don't do that. I played on a server with a mod to do this and didn't care for it.

5 hours ago, Ramethzer0 said:

Secondly, I'd support an option to turn crosshairs on an off.

There you go. That's the best of both worlds.

The crosshairs whilst ADS bothers me too. But they shouldn't get rid of it without making the iron sights better imo.

Which they could still do whilst making it fit with their art style. Yes they're improvised weapons, but they should still have functional iron sights. Not ones that would aim at the ground 6 feet in front of you if you actually align them properly.

Not sure why it is not a game toggle, since the option to get rid of crosshairs while aiming is in the XML file.

If you don't have a problem with editing XML files, you can find the option in "Steam> steamapps> common> 7 Days To Die> Data> Config> Items". Make sure you make a back up file first, it's not my fault if you break your game.  Once in the file, search for "crosshaironaim", and change the "true" to "false". I leave the one for the bow on, and turn the others off. Just my personal preference.

After that you will want to go to "Steam> steamapps> common> 7 Days To Die> Data> Config> item_modifier", search for "crosshaironaim", and do the same thing. The item_modifier XML is where the laser sight and scopes are. If you don't change those as well, then you will have crosshairs again as soon as you attach one of the mods and aim.

You'll have to redo the settings on updates. There is/was a way to not have to redo them, but it's been long enough that I've forgotten what it was. But it only takes a few minutes anyway.

Edited by Fenris (see edit history)

I appreciate all the input. I think the option at the very least should be implemented. And line up the guns where crosshairs wouldn't need to be used. I can't stand having to use iron sights with a crosshair.

16 hours ago, Ramethzer0 said:

I have a couple of thoughts about this.

The first being, since you're new here - be aware that making requests like also affect other players.  There are people in this game that are totally okay with crosshairs, whether in combination with ADS or not.

Secondly, I'd support an option to turn crosshairs on an off.  I think this might already exist, but I've never tried looking for it either.

11 hours ago, zztong said:

Oh please, don't do that. I played on a server with a mod to do this and didn't care for it.

There you go. That's the best of both worlds.

I think we could all agree with this. No harm to either side of the party.

15 hours ago, Survior said:

Well, just to point out of the obvious, you can fix nearly everything TFPs didn't finish by using or making a mod, I'm sure there must be a bunch in regards to this topic.

Well that sounds like a HUUUUUGE thank you to TFP to make this game so easy and extensively to mod. On their behalf: Thank you!