Was vehicle speed changed in the latest experimental update?

pookandpie

My buddy and I just restarted our server, we both got bicycles, and they seem to be going more slowly than they were in our last game session before the restart (like, he's able to outspeed me by sprinting on foot while I'm sprinting on the bike).

Is this intentional? Do we need to restart again? (we're up to day 5, I think, now, and I have our base 80% completed). Or could this be an easy fix through an xml file, or something?

Are both your clients and the server now on b323? There were changes with this build regarding how vehicle speeds and torque are set. But there is at least one post in Support with the same issue, but I didn't have any issue in my SP game, though I didn't spawn any vanilla stuff till after today's update. Worst case, try spawning a new one and see if that fixes it?

The bicycle droped from 10 m/s to 9m/s. I have both a20.7 and a21 b323 installed in diff folders so comparing the xml's yeah the bicycle was nerfed. Both in speed and torque from a20.7's version

This is a21 b323 area involving max speed.

<property name="motorTorque" value="500, 180"/>
        <property name="turboScale" value="1.5, 1"/>
        <property name="velocityMax" value="6, 4"/>

I assume the numbers on left are when turbo is being pressed, while right is when they aren't being pressed. Actual max velocity is velocity max of 6 times the turbo scale in this case 1.5, so this makes it 9 m/s which is inline with what the speed in game says.

This is A20.7

<property name="velocityMax" value="5, 10"/>

I assume here the lower number is non-turbo, while the higher number is when turbo is active. There is also no turboscale in a20.7, Also this is the torque in a20.7

<property name="motorTorqueMinQ" value="1000"/>
        <property name="motorTorqueMaxQ" value="1000"/>

I really do not understand the change in this xml, especially when the turbo scale and velocity max for other vehicles seem to almost match their a20.7 versions, other than the torque, the torque is lower on everything across the board in a21 b323. Seems like it was made over complacated for no real reason that I know of yet.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

I can just imagine the meeting at TFP...

"Everyone's getting everywhere too fast!"

"They're not looking at our lovely new pois!"

"They'll burn through the content too fast!"

"Wait..."

"What?"

"I know.... lets make them all SLOOOOWER!"

"Genius!!"

<cue cheering>

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2023 at 8:54 AM, Scyris said:

The bicycle droped from 10 m/s to 9m/s. I have both a20.7 and a21 b323 installed in diff folders so comparing the xml's yeah the bicycle was nerfed. Both in speed and torque from a20.7's version

This is a21 b323 area involving max speed.

<property name="motorTorque" value="500, 180"/>

I assume the numbers on left are when turbo is being pressed, while right is when they aren't being pressed. Actual max velocity is velocity max of 6 times the turbo scale in this case 1.5, so this makes it 9 m/s which is inline with what the speed in game says.

This is A20.7

<property name="velocityMax" value="5, 10"/>

I assume here the lower number is non-turbo, while the higher number is when turbo is active. There is also no turboscale in a20.7, Also this is the torque in a20.7

<property name="motorTorqueMinQ" value="1000"/>
        <property name="motorTorqueMaxQ" value="1000"/>

I really do not understand the change in this xml, especially when the turbo scale and velocity max for other vehicles seem to almost match their a20.7 versions, other than the torque, the torque is lower on everything across the board in a21 b323. Seems like it was made over complacated for no real reason that I know of yet.

No need to assume, top of xml has notes as to values, states: "motorTorque, velocityMax, turboScale are forward, backward, turboScale effects motorTorque and velocityMax".

Using your values given:

Vehicle forward speed is 6, vehicle reverse speed is 4

Vehicle forward speed with turbo is 6x1.5=9, vehicle reverse speed with turbo is 4x1=4.