Tier 1 quests have the best rewards for some reason

Khalagar

I know Tier 3+ are bugged atm, but even aside from the bug, Tier 1 quests still have better rewards. For some reason no tier above 1 actually offers me stuff like duct tape, cobble etc. I chain did 5 t1 back to back in a few hours in game, and each one was offering me molotovs, 1500 wood, tons of cobblestone, stacks of duct tape etc.

Meanwhile any quest above t1 offers weapons and armor only, but like, I need duct tape more than I need 25 steel. My T6 quests will offer a level 2 iron glove thanks to the reward bug, but they should be offering like 50+ duct tape or thousands of raw resources etc instead of gear. The issue with them offering gear is two fold

1. It's useless once you have a good piece already

2. It will power creep your magazines.

If the trader offers you a t6 autoshotgun when you are still only able to craft a t3 pump, it makes the entire shotgun magazine line useless. Where as if they gave you ductape or "parts bundles" etc, you'd still have a use for both the magazines and the rewards you got

I agree with you on that - later (t5/t6) quests shouldnt just give you crazy amounts of q6 gear, but rather occasionally/rarely a good item and rather e.g.:

- packs of 5x3 books  for t5/6 instesd of 3x2 for t1-t4

- starting from T4: 150 (T4), 250 (T5) or 500 (t6) concrete mix instead of cobblestone

- larger stacks of glue/ducttape (e.g. quest Tier x 5)

- specific packs of 5 books (5 of the same, and you see which one you get)

- Steel = 25  at t3, 40 at t4, 60 at t5, 100 at t6

- larger packs of actually good ammo (AP Ammo, Slugs,...) instead of just the "high tier" ammo reward right now which is c4, frag rockets or contact grenades. These are nice, but getting a 500 pack of AP 7.62 would help a lot more with doing T6

- starting from T4 or 5: Vehicle parts. T4 could occasionally give minibike parts, T5 motorcycle/4x4, T6: Gyrocopter

- lower (t2, t3, t4) shoule have a chance to give gasoline. In every of my playthroughs I had far earlier access to a minibike, than to a chemstation to make gas. With the extrmely low amount of gas you now get from cars and barrels this means you almost cant use it until you have 50 in workstations. I think 1k/2k/4k/8k gasoline for t2/3/4/5 would be fair. Especially since even for T1 you get 10 molotow which equal to 3k gas.

- workstations. Starting from T3: Forge, from T4: Workbench, from T5: Cementmixer/Chemststion, T6: Crucible

These are just some quick suggestions I now came up with. Having so much more variety in the (mostly high level) quests would

a) give you much more incentive to do quests for a longer time

b) Lower the chances for crazy gear improvements and therefor skips of the whole progression (with pushing quests you will be fully T3 Q6 equipped no later than day 20...)

c) give people incentive to actually make nice base builds and stay for the lonh run, when you get actually usable materials

d) take a lot of pressure out of having to spec into int for workstations and vehicles instead of going for your attribute of choice.

19 hours ago, praekokion said:

- workstations. Starting from T3: Forge, from T4: Workbench, from T5: Cementmixer/Chemststion, T6: Crucible

I agree with the rest but this part, the problem with this is the same as it offering high tier gear instead of parts. once you have 1 chem station, you just don't need more being offered to you as a reward. If it offered resources it would give you more uses for the resources and let you keep going back to quests for stuff you need like parts and scrap etc

1 hour ago, Khalagar said:

I agree with the rest but this part, the problem with this is the same as it offering high tier gear instead of parts. once you have 1 chem station, you just don't need more being offered to you as a reward. If it offered resources it would give you more uses for the resources and let you keep going back to quests for stuff you need like parts and scrap etc

I think the major difference between these 2 is, that you can also loot gearfrom POIs. For workstations, getting them through books (and therefore putting points into INT) is pretty much the only way right now. 

And with as many different quest rewsrds as I want, you wouldnt get one for every quest, but maybe every 5-10 quests. And also later on, I dont mind having multiples of the workstations. Especially makind gas or gunpowder takes a LONG time for large amounts, and finding 5 more acid and another beaker for your 2nd chemstation is just as painful as for the first one..