Player is stuck, trying to unstick

Riamus

So this appears to be a new thing in A21 that is apparently supposed to automatically get a player unstuck if they get stuck.  Was this added in the last update due to players getting stuck in doors, maybe?  It sounds great in theory but it fails in actual use.  It's one thing to have an option the player can use to unstick themselves but auto-unstick is very often a bad idea.  In this case, I was mining and if I didn't have the mine shaft at least a couple of blocks wide, it would start bouncing me up and down while I'm trying to mine.  That's a very bad system.  I'm not posting it as a bug report because I think it's working as intended but I also think "as intended" is bad.

It's been a thing in previous alphas as well; Hatch Elevator, you're still dearly missed.

It shouldn't do that while mining, but as with every fresh experimental, there seems to be plenty of regression bugs. Could be worth a bug report.

40 minutes ago, theFlu said:

It's been a thing in previous alphas as well; Hatch Elevator, you're still dearly missed.

It shouldn't do that while mining, but as with every fresh experimental, there seems to be plenty of regression bugs. Could be worth a bug report.

I remember getting swallowed by the cave walls in the old Dump-N-Lung mine among other places in A18. Iirc they re-implemented the auto unstick for A19, though I also remember getting sucked out of a cramped mine shaft in A19 and deposited on the surface too.

Edited by hiemfire (see edit history)

I didn't know there was a anti-stuck system. few days ago, first time in my 7DTD career (playing since A7, not every version) I've been stuck in a door without any possiblity to unstuck (how is it suppose to work?). I had to quit game to unstuck....

You are lucky not mining beneath a building - with WALLS!! Or beneath a trap field - with TRAPS!!
The bug is some of the very well-hung ones, lurking in the code since the beginning of the last decade.
I was teleported into walls as well as into traps as well as right into the arms of wandering zombie groups - back till Alpha 13. And i would rather expect that bug being there for far longer already.

I've seen this msg in the logs before in A20, it was causing me to get teleported back to the surface when I was running through a tunnel I dug out underground. Dunno if they ever fixed it as I don't see it on KI or in the release notes, but it was definitely a confirmed issue at the time.