Extra Curtesy Time on Scrapping...?

OneManStanding

We found a level 6 AK47 and when I went to modify it with all the stuff I'd taken off my pipe machine gun ... I accidently scrapped it instead.

It was gone in the few seconds it took for me to realise what I'd done -- all that was left was the lonely little assault rifle part, and much ridicule was suffered as I stuck everything back onto my pipe machine gun. This -- admittedly well deserved and friendly ridicule -- continued until the end of the session and will no doubt haunt me next time we jump on.

I swear I don't know what happened! I actually unbound the action hotkeys because I was always accidently crafting or scrapping something.

3 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

This is on the list of things to add/change :)

lol just make sure it is not a popup saying "Are you sure?" when you go to scrap something. If you scrap a lot that could get annoying very quickly :D

Not sure what could be done though as it has to be something you can do while out looting....maybe a garbage can icon on top of inventory bar you have to click while on the item to scrap.

I suppose that could be an accident waiting to happen too....

"Hey, what does this do?" (while holding lever 6 steel pickaxe fully modded)

40 minutes ago, Gamida said:

lol just make sure it is not a popup saying "Are you sure?" when you go to scrap something. If you scrap a lot that could get annoying very quickly :D

Not sure what could be done though as it has to be something you can do while out looting....maybe a garbage can icon on top of inventory bar you have to click while on the item to scrap.

I suppose that could be an accident waiting to happen too....

"Hey, what does this do?" (while holding lever 6 steel pickaxe fully modded)

For a start we are talking about adding a longer timer for scrapping higher value items, and yeah something like a popup may come about too.

11 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

For a start we are talking about adding a longer timer for scrapping higher value items, and yeah something like a popup may come about too.

Just a thought, would a slot to the side of inventory box with a trash can that you drag the item to be scrapped to work.

I mean if you do that then it is definitely not an accident.

3 hours ago, Gamida said:

Just a thought, would a slot to the side of inventory box with a trash can that you drag the item to be scrapped to work.

I mean if you do that then it is definitely not an accident.

This could work, though slower and people who scrap a lot might still not like it any more than a sanity check popup.

My suggestion would be to have the scrap button be something far away from your normally used buttons.  Especially "A" because that's commonly used in the inventory and since "S" is right next to it, it's easy to hit the wrong button without realizing it.  Scrap could be something like Backspace or Delete or Ctrl-S/Alt-S or something that isn't going to be as easily clicked accidentally.  The biggest problem is just that A and S are side-by-side and are both used frequently in the inventory screen.

7 hours ago, Jugginator said:

How about a mod which administers an electric shock and shouts, "No, you dumbass! Remember the AK? Remember that LEVEL 6 freakin' AK that they trusted you with? The one you SCRAPPED? Yeah! THIS IS WHY THEY CALL YOU "SCRAPPY" EVERY TIME YOU PLAY NOW!!!"

Edited by OneManStanding (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Riamus said:

This could work, though slower and people who scrap a lot might still not like it any more than a sanity check popup.

My suggestion would be to have the scrap button be something far away from your normally used buttons.  Especially "A" because that's commonly used in the inventory and since "S" is right next to it, it's easy to hit the wrong button without realizing it.  Scrap could be something like Backspace or Delete or Ctrl-S/Alt-S or something that isn't going to be as easily clicked accidentally.  The biggest problem is just that A and S are side-by-side and are both used frequently in the inventory screen.

Also this is 7 Days lol, you know no matter which way it goes there will be those for and those against who will for sure vigorously argue that their side is the best. :)