(A21) SHOTGUN Pack (v.3.1 Completed)

Izayo

18 hours ago, Rhadamanthus said:

When i extracted it was one jumbled mess unlike all the other ones and I could not get it to work.

Black_wolf made a tutorial video , go check it out in the first page. hope this will help you.

Has anybody reported any issues with the explosive shells? It seems like they're firing from inside the player, dealing damage to them before travelling forward. I've tested several of the shotguns, and even patched the ammo the work on the vanilla shotguns, but I'm still having the same issue. Any ideas?

Don't fire them off the porch of your wooden house if you're using the fire mod. 😂 

2 hours ago, An Overburdened Warrior said:

Has anybody reported any issues with the explosive shells? It seems like they're firing from inside the player, dealing damage to them before travelling forward. I've tested several of the shotguns, and even patched the ammo the work on the vanilla shotguns, but I'm still having the same issue. Any ideas?

Don't fire them off the porch of your wooden house if you're using the fire mod. 😂 

They actually work just fine, but the thing you're talking about is their splash damage. They are in fact rather destructive against anything made of wood AND if you're too close you will be damaged by the explosion so just make sure to keep the safe distance when you fire them as the splash radius is rather large. Just pretend your shotgun is like... A grenade launcher when you use them.

Also another thing: explosive shells and super penetrator slugs have an increased degradation per use on your weapons each time you fire.

Oh also could you drop the code that makes them work on the vanilla shotguns? I'm too lazy to do it xd

Edited by Black_Wolf (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, An Overburdened Warrior said:

Use lastest Customparticleloader (by closer_ex) version (included in the pack.) check for the version in .txt

Edited by Izayo (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Izayo said:

Use lastest Customparticleloader (by closer_ex) version (included in the pack.) check for the version in .txt

That'd be it. I just checked, running 1.4.3. I'll give that a shot. Cheers.

4 hours ago, Black_Wolf said:

They actually work just fine, but the thing you're talking about is their splash damage. They are in fact rather destructive against anything made of wood AND if you're too close you will be damaged by the explosion so just make sure to keep the safe distance when you fire them as the splash radius is rather large. Just pretend your shotgun is like... A grenade launcher when you use them.

Also another thing: explosive shells and super penetrator slugs have an increased degradation per use on your weapons each time you fire.

Oh also could you drop the code that makes them work on the vanilla shotguns? I'm too lazy to do it xd

It didn't seem to matter on distance, they'd get you even if you fired at the clouds. It's like the rounds were exploding in the chamber. Guess Trader Rekt sold us a bad batch.

Here's what I use. Just a quick and dirty 'by name'. I have it in an item.xml with a bunch of other ammo patches.

<append xpath="items/item[@name='gunShotgunT0PipeShotgun' or @name='gunShotgunT1DoubleBarrel' or @name='gunShotgunT2PumpShotgun' or @name='gunShotgunT3AutoShotgun']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Magazine_items']/@value">,ammoShotgunExplosive,ammoShotgunShellFlechette,ammoShotgunSuperpenetratorslug</append>

I've noticed that a lot of weapon mods suffer from a problem when ADS'ing , the weapon is pulled back into the camera and then forwards into position, briefly but noticeably filling the entire screen with the back sights.  It does not happen with all weapons, but I've noticed it happen across several different mods by different authors.

This happens, for example with the M4 terminator from this mod. 
Why does it happen? is it fixeable? 

7 hours ago, Phoenixdive said:

I've noticed that a lot of weapon mods suffer from a problem when ADS'ing , the weapon is pulled back into the camera and then forwards into position, briefly but noticeably filling the entire screen with the back sights.  It does not happen with all weapons, but I've noticed it happen across several different mods by different authors.

This happens, for example with the M4 terminator from this mod. 
Why does it happen? is it fixeable? 

anything that uses AK or m60 holdtype with scope will smack to your face when aim, there is a fix yes, but i'm not gonna spend another half year do it (re-animated the hands)

. they're also happens to the vanilla guns you can try. sadly we have to live with it

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Izayo said:

use vanilla skill point as reference , it's tier 3 so it need the same points as auto shotgun.

I am the correct level, so something is clearly bugged or broken. I even tried changing the numbers in progression.xml, but that didn't help.

1 hour ago, Dispentry said:

I am the correct level, so something is clearly bugged or broken. I even tried changing the numbers in progression.xml, but that didn't help.

Well, I guess its just a visual bug. I tried a singleplayer cheatmode and it unlocked at lvl 85. Auto shotgun unlocks at level 60, btw, so they do not correspond.

14 hours ago, Dispentry said:

Well, I guess its just a visual bug. I tried a singleplayer cheatmode and it unlocked at lvl 85. Auto shotgun unlocks at level 60, btw, so they do not correspond.

oh yeah you're right , I don't know why I set all of T3 at 80+

2 hours ago, Izayo said:

oh yeah you're right , I don't know why I set all of T3 at 80+

You were looking at some of your new weapons as being a T4 version at one point while you were developing the mod.  That is probably leftover code when you decided to simplify them back to T3 but didn't update that portion of it.

17 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

You were looking at some of your new weapons as being a T4 version at one point while you were developing the mod.  That is probably leftover code when you decided to simplify them back to T3 but didn't update that portion of it.

yep. might be... 

Hi, I'm having some problems being able to craft some my weapons. I believe it is a problem on my end but I don't know what, as the console keeps printing out this message:

2024-02-12T21:14:48 62.979 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "A21IZYfirearmshotgunPV" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="//crafting_skill[@name='craftingShotguns']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked' and @tags='gunShotgunT1DoubleBarrel']">
  <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="11,100" value="1" tags="IZYgunT1TradshotgunModel1887" />
  <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="11,100" value="1" tags="IZYgunT1SupershotgunSPSinglebarrelSG" />
  <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="11,100" value="1" tags="IZYgunT1TACshotgunCTS1M590S" />
  <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="11,100" value="1" tags="IZYgunT1AutoshotgunSaiga12G" />
</insertAfter> (line 4 at pos 3)
2024-02-12T21:14:48 62.979 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "A21IZYfirearmshotgunPV" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="//crafting_skill[@name='craftingShotguns']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CraftingTier' and @tags='gunShotgunT1DoubleBarrel']">
  <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="14,18,22,26,100" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="IZYgunT1TradshotgunModel1887" />
  <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="14,18,22,26,100" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="IZYgunT1SupershotgunSPSinglebarrelSG" />
  <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="14,18,22,26,100" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="IZYgunT1TACshotgunCTS1M590S" />
  <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="14,18,22,26,100" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="IZYgunT1AutoshotgunSaiga12G" />
</insertAfter> (line 11 at pos 3)

Any help would be appreciatred, thanks.

2 hours ago, dovadork03 said:

Hi, I'm having some problems being able to craft some my weapons. I believe it is a problem on my end but I don't know what, as the console keeps printing out this message:

2024-02-12T21:14:48 62.979 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "A21IZYfirearmshotgunPV" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="//crafting_skill[@name='craftingShotguns']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked' and @tags='gunShotgunT1DoubleBarrel']">
  <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="11,100" value="1" tags="IZYgunT1TradshotgunModel1887" />
  <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="11,100" value="1" tags="IZYgunT1SupershotgunSPSinglebarrelSG" />
  <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="11,100" value="1" tags="IZYgunT1TACshotgunCTS1M590S" />
  <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="11,100" value="1" tags="IZYgunT1AutoshotgunSaiga12G" />
</insertAfter> (line 4 at pos 3)
2024-02-12T21:14:48 62.979 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "A21IZYfirearmshotgunPV" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="//crafting_skill[@name='craftingShotguns']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CraftingTier' and @tags='gunShotgunT1DoubleBarrel']">
  <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="14,18,22,26,100" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="IZYgunT1TradshotgunModel1887" />
  <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="14,18,22,26,100" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="IZYgunT1SupershotgunSPSinglebarrelSG" />
  <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="14,18,22,26,100" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="IZYgunT1TACshotgunCTS1M590S" />
  <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="14,18,22,26,100" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="IZYgunT1AutoshotgunSaiga12G" />
</insertAfter> (line 11 at pos 3)

Any help would be appreciatred, thanks.

sound like you did something wrong at line 4 and 11  try copy the original then replace the lines. 

0012.png

here is the original line 4 and 11

<insertAfter xpath="//crafting_skill[@name='craftingShotguns']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked' and @tags='gunShotgunT1DoubleBarrel']">	

<insertAfter xpath="//crafting_skill[@name='craftingShotguns']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CraftingTier' and @tags='gunShotgunT1DoubleBarrel']">	

Edited by Izayo (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

help, everytime i download a gun pack mod, basically it doesn't show the skill level needed to craft them, it just shows "--" and i tried to delete other mods i had and put only this one but it's still the same problem so idk what to do

3 hours ago, randomguy12345 said:

help, everytime i download a gun pack mod, basically it doesn't show the skill level needed to craft them, it just shows "--" and i tried to delete other mods i had and put only this one but it's still the same problem so idk what to do

There is an issue with the progression file.  I am going to try and assist Izayo with some updates this weekend so expect to see some patches rollout over the weekend.  I meant to do it earlier, but the boss at home had me working on furniture so I spent all day Sunday keeping her happy  😁