External Tools for Base Design

NolanStaark

I love building/crafting but I have a hard time coming up with my own ideas, my issue is I need to see the base before building it, so I end up copying other's designs. 

That being said, I want to come up with my own design but I need to plan it out in advance, what free tools do you all use (if any) to plan a base/house?

I haven't played Rust, but here is a blueprint that shows the blocks layout:
Rust "The fort" Blueprint | No man's sky base ideas, Rust ...

So something along the lines of a blueprint designer, but showing individual blocks. 
Homestead House Plan | Country House Plan | Farmhouse Plan

I also have used the Sims 4 buildings for inspiration but their building system is very different and much more complex, like their walls/floors aren't 1 always block thick, so the designs/furnishings don't translate well. (e.g. having to add 1 extra block in 7d2d for every wall/floor on every X,Y,Z axis in Sims)

Edited by NolanStaark (see edit history)

17 hours ago, zztong said:

You could use the game's Prefab Editor to design a base. It came with your copy of the game.

I do use it, however it is just basically creative mode with no zombies/nights and some extra tools/views, and I'm probably in the minority with this opinion, but I honestly I find it a bit tedious to use at times. (confusing like where should ground level be?)

This post is more about about finding a fun/optimal way to laying out a base design that I can move/create/stretch entire rooms/walls/etc... at a time, then take that final generated schematic/blueprint into the Prefab editor and build it block for block. 

Basically trying to find other software like https://www.smartdraw.com/ that translates really well block for block in-game

Edited by NolanStaark (see edit history)