VTOL Aircraft and Multiple Active Claim Blocks

Razerfange

I would like to begin first with a massive shout out and thank you to the devs for the hard work put into the Alpha21 release!
That said, though we do have the Gyrocopter it's not a true VTOL (Vertical Take Off and Landing) craft and I think the community can get behind the idea of a real helicopter and/or other VTOL aircraft.
Though the Gyrocopter is ok for what it is I would be hard pressed to land it squarely on a 'Helipad' as a short runway is needed in order to safely land said aircraft without being kekk'd in the process.

Additionally, I think it would be super-duper awesome AF if we could get one active claim block per biome. I'm unsure if this is possible already but, working towards testing this. I'm going on the assumption that the old '1 per player per map' rule is still in effect?

Thank you for your continued labors in further development. I know it's much to ask but I really think the community deserves the above mentioned additions.
Thank you for your time
Sincerely,
Razerfange 😀

I mean, the Gyrocopter is what a Gyrocopter is. It's a plane, and not any kind of helicopter.   With some skill it's pretty easy to land it on a small 9x9 or 12x12 pad. With some elevation, you can take off from that same pad as well. 

I only came across this post while looking for something else, but I'll move this to Pimp Dreams for the request.

1 hour ago, SylenThunder said:

I mean, the Gyrocopter is what a Gyrocopter is. It's a plane, and not any kind of helicopter.   With some skill it's pretty easy to land it on a small 9x9 or 12x12 pad. With some elevation, you can take off from that same pad as well. 

I only came across this post while looking for something else, but I'll move this to Pimp Dreams for the request.

Whilst I have never been a fan of gyrocopters, I would not kick Skyworks Aero's Hawk 5 out of bed. Even so, I am very glad that TFP didn't stick us with an ekranoplan.

On 6/18/2023 at 3:25 AM, Razerfange said:

I'm going on the assumption that the old '1 per player per map' rule is still in effect?

It's 3 per player now, though it seems some people are having trouble getting more than one to be active at a time even though it is supposed to be 3.  I've only tried 2 so far and it worked for me but someone I play the game with tried 2 and the first deactivated.  Others on the forum have mentioned similar issues.