The Lighting Is Vomit Inducing

Saera

6 hours ago, Survior said:

Nothing like experiencing a sunrise at bedrock at the bottom of a mine.

This may be due to your reflections quality. I noticed that I was seeing the sky reflected in the floor in my underground base until I turned the reflections quality down to high. On ultra and ultra+ I got the entire world reflecting inside the base, despite being underground and being built out of steel. I have an RTX 3080 Ti so I turned everything up to the max except bloom (too bright) and motion blur (Unity MB takes a big fps hit at times) which were off. The bonus is that I stay pegged out around 144fps now.

On 6/19/2023 at 10:53 PM, Jugginator said:

It's more of environmental lighting, as in it darkens when you enter a room with no lights/windows and gradually lightens up when you leave there and go past windows, or if it's raining outside then it'll darken near windows. I'm not sure if they're doing eye adaptation. It may jump around everywhere atm but that's all being working on, it does provide some really nice environments and nicely-done dark areas, just need some polishing yet.

Do increase the opacity to help with that. That is also a known issue by the way, we're redoing the UI as a whole :)

image.png.a77a52a0d1350d615809c23ab098b586.png That's what I have mine set to.

image.thumb.jpeg.632d9aed7bacc1602354b0604ba3f077.jpeg

Thanks friend.  Would be nice to have it 100% non-transparent, my eyesight is god awful lol.

16 minutes ago, Laim said:

Thanks friend.  Would be nice to have it 100% non-transparent, my eyesight is god awful lol.

You're welcome Laim, glad it helped you out a bit. I concur, my eyesight isn't terrible but not the greatest and I'd like a bit more of a happy medium + less transparent at 100% too. Certainly something to consider whenever the UI gets overhauled.

• 1 month later...

Anyone is welcome to play around with the quick xml mod below. Let us know if you find values that actually work well (mine did not), without totally disabling the new feature.

worldglobal.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configs>
	<!-- first digit controls interior brightness, default value = .2, .4 -->
	<set xpath="/worldglobal/environment/property[@name='ambientInsideSkyScale']/@value">.5, .4</set>
	<!-- controls transition speed of interior brightness, lower=slower, higher=faster, default value = .3 -->
	<set xpath="/worldglobal/environment/property[@name='ambientInsideSpeed']/@value">.6</set>
</configs>

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)