(A21) Oakraven Collection

arramus

Yes, that information should be posted on the 7daystodiemods.com website.

Please let them know that. We have nothing to do with the information posted there.
It is simply copied from here by the webmaster for that website. The did not copy that important information.

Ask them to help you fix the problem because all we can recommend is to start a new World.

1 hour ago, Snakefish said:

Hi,

I'm sorry to say that the information about

that, should placed on the download page https://7daystodiemods.com/oakraven-collection/

If that, i would not have used it.

Now my server is runnig with blue blocks with a ? on it instaed of birdnests.

20230808154007_2.jpg

When i remove the mod, the server will not work. Everybody who tries to join, will be kicked because of an error.

Need logfile?

So how can i solve this problem?

Please help.

Thanks

Snakefish

This part was already on that site, you should read the mod descriptions carefully.

Things are not quite resolved on what to do with the wells and things. This collection was primarily to complement the existing way 7 Days does things, and keeping them as they were for A20 would be overhauling how A21 does things. The Wild West Mod is still using them in A21 but a 'Water Collectors' using the same mechanism as the Dew Collectors. They are collecting ground water in the bottom of the well as it seeps in at the same regulated quantities as the Dew Collector. Oakraven is updating a few other bits here and there and then the wells will get some attention either way.

I made a small patch for the cooking stations to remove the oakraven recipes and use the campfire recipe list instead. This was a simple workaround on a server I'm managing to have everything play nice with other mods that added recipes to the campfire without me having to write extra recipes. This will make craft times take the same time as the campfire though and will not get the benefit of the stations recipes craft times. Anywho thought I might post it here in case anyone else wanted it.

This modlet requires OakravenCookingStations be installed, it only patches the mod and does nothing by itself.
Zed-A21-OakravenCookingStations-CRP

@arramus If you want me to remove this from your thread just let me know and I will. 

This is very acceptable. Giving permission to make any changes is based on two factors:

- It a stand alone post loading feature that does not change the base files. This is your case and all good to share.
- It is incorporated into an overhaul which makes the changes directly but the files are distributed as a package.

In both cases, management of the changes is handled by the creator and causes no extra burden for Oakraven to update things should there be future changes in how 7 Days handles things.

On 8/15/2023 at 7:33 PM, RevenantWit said:

I made a small patch for the cooking stations to remove the oakraven recipes and use the campfire recipe list instead. This was a simple workaround on a server I'm managing to have everything play nice with other mods that added recipes to the campfire without me having to write extra recipes. This will make craft times take the same time as the campfire though and will not get the benefit of the stations recipes craft times. Anywho thought I might post it here in case anyone else wanted it.

This modlet requires OakravenCookingStations be installed, it only patches the mod and does nothing by itself.
Zed-A21-OakravenCookingStations-CRP

@arramus If you want me to remove this from your thread just let me know and I will. 

I did the same thing for our server and came here to share because it really elevates this mod. Otherwise the Oakraven stations just weren't getting used due to the recipe limitations. I highly recommend the author implement this change. We also fixed the missing categories (Food|Drink|Chemical) though I see the author has patched that now. 

I assume the goal of including custom recipes was to make the oakraven stations faster. Here is my suggestion, though not perfect:
To keep the modified versions of recipes (and keep them limited to the Oak workstations) but then also accept standardized custom recipes, add "campfire" to the this property in blocks.xml 
        <property name="CraftingAreaRecipes" value="OaksCooker,campfire"/>
You'll see both versions of each recipe though (base game and the modded one). I would then go a step further and duplicate them in items.xml in order to assign them custom names in localization. Base game would be "Chili Dog" and custom would be "Oaks Chili Dog" for example. 

Most people who are downloading this mod are downloading other mods, and probably cooking related ones so compatibility seems more important. 

I love the variety this mod brings to our kitchens. thanks for your work Oakraven creator person. 

These are sensible comments with compatibility expansion options. Now they are posted here, players can consider them for themselves based on what additional food recipe mods they install as the discussion shares adding new recipes to the OaksCooker, switching OaksCooker back to campfire, having both options listed as the same time, and anything else players wish to do with it. In time these posts will get lost a little but anyone doing a search in this specific thread will find the hits they need. Overhauls such as the Wild West Mod, AOO, and Preppocalypse make use of Oak Mods and customise them in their own way. I believe the intention was to release the tools and let modders/players enhance them as they see fit since many of the xml files are pretty self explanatory, and trial and error can do the rest. Responses are always very forthcoming here as well for specific requests.

Here is an update to the Oakraven Collection.

Oakraven Fish Farm

The Oakraven Fish Farm Mod provides a quality of life feature. Craft Fish Farm containers on the Workbench, and populate with a Fish Farming Kit. The fish will grow through different stages until the Fish Farm container becomes lootable. Add fish to recipes or place on the floor and harvest fillets in the same way as an animal. A stand alone Fish Oven allows fish recipes to be cooked.
spacer.png

One fun feature is the Fish Stick. It is primarily used for a 'Fish on a Stick' recipe, but can also serve as a melee weapon in emergencies.

spacer.png

Here is an update for the Oakraven Collection.

Oakraven Power Things

This mod provides an additional power solution with its own variants of solar power and generators. Everything works in exactly the same manner.

Things to note:

- Power Cells and Solar Cells are crafted on the Oakraven Power Workbench which in turn is crafted on the regular Workbench.

- Only Power Cells and Solar Cells are locked to a crafting skill. Reading Wiring 101 to the same level as batteries will begin the unlock process. However, they can reach Level 6 since they cannot be found in loot or at the traders.

- Mineral resources for recipes are only found in the Wasteland and Burnt Forest.

- The Oakraven Power Things provide greater wattage for longer.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Oakraven Drill is placed on ground such as soil, desert, etc. It can't be placed on player made blocks, concrete, asphalt, etc. Are you placing it on 'ground' rather than 'refined' surfaces? If yes, are you using any other mods which are conflicting? I tested the Oakraven Drill and it is working appropriately in A21.1 stable and A21.2 exp in SP and on dedicated servers.

1 hour ago, arramus said:

The Oakraven Drill is placed on ground such as soil, desert, etc. It can't be placed on player made blocks, concrete, asphalt, etc. Are you placing it on 'ground' rather than 'refined' surfaces? If yes, are you using any other mods which are conflicting? I tested the Oakraven Drill and it is working appropriately in A21.1 stable and A21.2 exp in SP and on dedicated servers.

I'm trying to place it on regular grass ground, I am using the Wasteland mod alongside it. I can spawn in and place the rock drill drilling and collection stage versions, but the one I crafted is a no go.

The Wasteland Mod uses a pretty sophisticated farming system which is dependent on 0-Score.

The Rock Drills also use the farming system since the Rock Drills are working in a similar manner to plants for timing and so on.
Their code extends the plant growing system. 0-Score, and by association The Wasteland Mod, connect to this system and make changes to it.

All I can suggest for Wasteland is to attach them to the same water system that the Wasteland is using to hook up Farm Plots.

It may allow them to be placed and activated. I cannot offer any other recommendations than that because the Oakraven Collection is designed for default gameplay.
Mod and Overhaul creators are using these mods in their own creations and can make them compatible, but that is not something we can do.

7 hours ago, arramus said:

The Wasteland Mod uses a pretty sophisticated farming system which is dependent on 0-Score.

The Rock Drills also use the farming system since the Rock Drills are working in a similar manner to plants for timing and so on.
Their code extends the plant growing system. 0-Score, and by association The Wasteland Mod, connect to this system and make changes to it.

All I can suggest for Wasteland is to attach them to the same water system that the Wasteland is using to hook up Farm Plots.

It may allow them to be placed and activated. I cannot offer any other recommendations than that because the Oakraven Collection is designed for default gameplay.
Mod and Overhaul creators are using these mods in their own creations and can make them compatible, but that is not something we can do.

I'll try that next, some of the other mods you made work fine, just this one has been giving me trouble

Hi all,

I have been using Oakraven's collection for a while and love it all.

Just installed the PowerThings mod but have a question. Do I need to connect the solar array to a battery to store the power as I mainly have the lights come on at night time?

Any help appreciated since solar power is a massive new thing to me.

Here is the hierarchy of order for ensuring the items that require power are using the solar in the day and backup battery by night:

Oakraven Solar Power Array or Turret Solar Power Array

connects to:

Oakraven Battery Bank Classic or Instrustrial

connects to:

Items that require power.

Since the power cells are not being used in the day, because the solar cells are producing power, they will be recharged for the night when the solar cells become idle. This cycle will self sustain as long as the batteries are not drawing too much power for the whole period of night.

3 hours ago, arramus said:

Here is the hierarchy of order for ensuring the items that require power are using the solar in the day and backup battery by night:

Oakraven Solar Power Array or Turret Solar Power Array

connects to:

Oakraven Battery Bank Classic or Instrustrial

connects to:

Items that require power.

Since the power cells are not being used in the day, because the solar cells are producing power, they will be recharged for the night when the solar cells become idle. This cycle will self sustain as long as the batteries are not drawing too much power for the whole period of night.

Excellent, thank you for clearing that up for me. Absolutely loving all of the collection, all installed on my friends server and working with no issues.

We are looking forward to more releases, so how about a revamped farming one with animals etc? 😜

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a small update for the Cooking Station Mod for the Stoves/Cookers.

1. Stoves have 3 states for 'idle', 'burning but not cooking', and 'burning and cooking'.

This image shows the burning but not cooking. Each Cooking Station will show flames or an illuminated bob area.

spacer.png

During the cooking process, steam will appear along with the flames or illuminated hob. As soon as the cooking process is complete, the steam will stop and let players know it is time to turn off the Cooking Station (or not depending on if it's used for ambient lighting).

spacer.png

Hey arramus, facing an issue and wondering if you have any advice. I started a brand new server file with the Oakraven collection installed, both on server and client sides. All of my server players installed the mods locally as they should prior to coming into the game for the first time. The weird thing we are having is that everything is working perfectly for one person but for everyone else we are getting the blue boxes for nests, and no image of the items even if we have them picked up (e.g. I can add a chick or a queen bee to my inventory from a chest but see no image of it). I could understand if it was not working for everyone, except we have one user it is working for. Any recommendations for what we could try to fix it other than re-starting our world (and thus losing our progression)? thanks

The blue boxes and lack of icons are generally symptomatic signs that not all of the files are installed appropriately. For example, a folder may be double nested during the unzip process. Each mod has a ModInfo file. It is needed for the game to recognise a mod is attempting to load. It is placed in the very first top layer folder. If it sinks to a lower layer it will not allow the mod to appropriately load. Sharing or comparing a player log who that has been fully successful and not fully successful will contrast the differences. The Chicken Coop Mod is used in the Wild West Mod and Preppocalypse Mod and I can confirm both are working as intended, as is the stand alone Mod. As such, it appears to be an installation issue. Since one player suggests everything is working perfectly, it sounds like the server is set up as it should be, and this is potentially a client side issue.

Thank you arramus! That advice helped us resolve it - for the users that it was not working, we had the file one layer nested. After removing the nested layer it works successfully. We have been able to fix it without having to restart. Much appreciated. I am now enjoying all my ovens, chickens, and fishies.

I am getting an error with the new cooking stations upon creating a new game.

ERR [XUI] Failed initializing window group workstation_OaksCooker

EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Also first time I interact with an Oakraven stove it locks up my E use button. I cannot use it on other workstations

I get the same error for the other 3 cooking stations also.

I deleted the SMX compatibility mod and no longer got the error but the oakraven station does not have the custom recipes. and am able to interact with other stations after interacting with the oakraven cooking station

Edited by Jarvia Sieghild
change in proble (see edit history)

Oakraven Collection Mods are not made to be compatible with SMX or custom recipes. However:

1. The very first post has a link to a compatibility modlet made by a community member which will integrate the Stoves into how SMX handles them.

2. It is possible to add custom recipes to the Stoves and it has been discussed in some of the posts in this thread by community members who kindly shared their workarounds.

The Oakraven Collection Mods were released to work with basic 7D2D features. They have been integrated into certain overhauls and expanded to match their recipes, progression, and custom features. It is not possible for the creator of these mods to ensure they are compatible with other mods and overhauls because updating and maintaining compatibility would require constant collaboration patching. The time required would make that a project in itself.