Rev's Simple UI

RevenantWit

All mods were made for and currently work with A21.

All mods are EAC friendly and can be installed server side only.

Everything in these mods is completely free use and anyone is welcome to do anything they wish with them.

If any mods zip file or folder use an abbreviation that will appear next to the mods name below.

All of my mods should be able to be found on the 7D2D Mod Launcher. (Thanks Sphereii)

7D2D Mod Launcher Link

This thread is exclusively for my Simple UI mods. My other mods can be found at the following link.

Rev's Simple Mods

All UI mods below are fully compatible with the NPC Mod.

Simple UI:

Spoiler
-This is only the Left HUD.

-This gives 4 tabs under the left HUD to switch layouts on the fly in a live game.

-Just open your inventory to be able to mouse to any button Simple UI adds.

• Default(classic) - This is the classic Simple UI look just with better buff displays.
  • Radial - This gives you radial stat bars as well as circle buff displays.
  • Vertical - This gives you vertical stat bars.
  • None - This removes the stat bars and just leaves buff displays in it's place. (Works well with some of the new toolbelt options.)

-Pressing the left side of any the layout tabs listed above will give you that layout with a simple buffs display.

-Pressing the right side of any the layout tabs listed above will give you that layout with a detailed buffs display.

-There is alt configs included so you can easily swap the xml to have any layout offered as the default.

Simple UI (v3.1.0)

Simple UI No Options (NO):
Spoiler
-This is only the Left HUD.
-Same Simple UI looks minus any buttons or options that can be switched in live game.
-Completely standalone and does not require Simple UI be installed.
-There is alt configs included so you can easily swap the xml to have any layout that Simple UI offers.

Simple UI Toolbelt:
Spoiler

-This is only the Toolbelt

-This adds 4 tabs under the toolbelt to switch layouts on the fly in a live game.
-Just open your inventory to be able to mouse to any button Simple UI Toolbelt adds.

Default (Simple)

• Clicking left side of this layout tab gives the default Simple UI Toolbelt look with just an xp bar at bottom of toolbelt.
  • Clicking the middle of this layout tab adds toolbelt numbers to the toolbelt.
  • Clicking the right side of this layout tab adds temp and elevation info next to the xp bar.

Alternate (meant to compliment the radial layout in the left hud)

• Clicking left side of this layout tab gives something similar to the default but toolbelt number backgrounds are round.
  • Clicking the right side of this layout tab adds temp and elevation info next to the xp bar.(minus player temp since radial layout has this)
  • Only two options on this layout since no toolbelt numbers would look same as default.

HUD

• Clicking left side of this layout tab gives vertical stat bars on the side of the toolbelt.
  • Clicking the right side of this layout tab adds temp and elevation info next to the xp bar.

Mini HUD

• Clicking left side of this layout tab gives small compact stat bars under the toolbelt.
  • Clicking the right side of this layout tab adds text to the compact stat bars.

-The last two layouts on the toolbelt above are meant to be used with the "None" tab on the left HUD.

-The HUD layouts on the toolbelt have a stealth bar that appears on the top center of the toolbelt and extends in both directions.

-There is alt configs included so you can easily swap the xml to have any layout offered as the default.

Simple UI Toolbelt (v3.1.0)

Simple UI Toolbelt No Options (NO):
Spoiler
-This is only the Toolbelt
-Same default Simple UI Toolbelt look minus any buttons or options.
-Completely standalone and does not require Simple UI Toolbelt be installed.
-There is alt configs included so you can easily swap the xml to have any layout that Simple UI Toolbelt offers.

Simple UI Crafting Queue (CQ5):
Spoiler
-Increases crafting queue to 5 slots.

Simple UI Forge Input (FI3):
Spoiler
-Increases forge input slots to 3.

Simple UI Big Bag 60 (BB60):
Spoiler
-Increases backpack size to 60 slots.
-adds lockable slots.
-not compatible with Simple UI VBP Lockable Slots.

Simple UI Info Panels 60 (BB60-IP):
Spoiler
-Increases several info panel sizes to match Simple UI Big Bag 60 window size.
-Meant to compliment Simple UI Big Bag 60 but can be used standalone and has no dependencies.

Simple UI Big Bag 120 (BB120):
Spoiler
-Increases backpack size to 120 slots.
-adds lockable slots.
-not compatible with Simple UI VBP Lockable Slots.

Simple UI Info Panels 120 (BB120-IP):
Spoiler
-Increases several info panel sizes to match Simple UI Big Bag 120 window size.
-Meant to compliment Simple UI Big Bag 120 but can be used standalone and has no dependencies.

Simple UI Server Info Window:
Spoiler
-Adds a tabbed server info window that shows when hitting esc.
-Can have clickable links on the links page.
-Easily modifiable Localization txt file included to setup how you want.
-Examples text file included to show a small sample of some localization formatting and a couple easy edits to the xml.

Simple UI Vehicle Storage:

Spoiler

-Increases Bicycle storage to 20 slots.

-Increases Minibike storage to 40 slots.

-Increases Motorcycle storage to 50 slots.

-Increases 4x4 Truck storage to 90 slots.

-Increases Gyrocopter storage to 60 slots.

-You will not have any change to storage size for any vehicle already placed in the world. To fix this just pick the vehicle back up into your inventory, then just place it back down in the world and you will have the new storage size.

Simple UI Vehicle Storage (v2.0.0)

Simple UI Vehicle Storage XL:

Spoiler

-Increases all vanilla vehicle storages to 90 slots.

-You will not have any change to storage size for any vehicle already placed in the world. To fix this just pick the vehicle back up into your inventory, then just place it back down in the world and you will have the new storage size.

Simple UI Vehicle Storage XL (v2.0.0)

Simple UI VBP Lockable Slots:
Spoiler
-Adds lockable slots to the vanilla backpack.
-Not compatible with any Big Bag mods.

Simple UI VVS Lockable Slots:
Spoiler
-Adds lockable slots to the vanilla vehicle storage.
-Guaranteed to work with Simple UI Vehicle Storage mods.
-May or may not work with other vehicle storage increase mods, trial and error would be required and is safe to try.

Simple UI No Party On-Screen Player Icon (NoPOSPI):
Spoiler
-Removes the on screen player icon from party members that shows when within 20m of them.

Simple UI No Location Pop-Up (NoLPU):
Spoiler
-Removes the giant pop up message panel that appears top center when entering a location.

Simple UI No Main Menu News Panel (NoMMNP): (Clientside Only)
Spoiler
-Removes the news panel from the games main menu.

Basic Install Instructions:

Spoiler

Copy or move the RW_SimpleUI folder from the zip file into the Mods folder located at  %AppData%/7DaysToDie.

If a Mods folder does not exist create one in the location mentioned.

Remove by deleting the RW_SimpleUI folder inside the Mods folder.

Alternate Download Sites:

Spoiler
A21 Modlets on Github (contains all my A21 mods)

Screen Shots:
Spoiler
Simple UI + Simple UI Toolbelt (most layout options are shown below)
251570-20230708104951-1.png

spacer.png

251570-20230708105041-1.png

251570-20230708121229-1.png

251570-20230708105057-1.png

251570-20230708105102-1.png

251570-20230708105118-1.png

251570-20230708105130-1.png

251570-20230708105152-1.png

Simple UI Server Info Window (All text is easily customizable and it can have clickable links)

251570-20230710144837-1.png

251570-20230710144843-1.png

251570-20230710144851-1.png

251570-20230710144900-1.png

251570-20230710144910-1.png

Edited by RevenantWit (see edit history)

The XP bar isn't actively tracking or showing XP it's just staying empty at all times, even when I swap back to vanilla UI the bar stays empty. When I remove the mod however the XP bar begins to work again just fine, so I think it's broken.

Everything else the UI does works fine though, it's just the XP bar.

Edited by PhoenixTG (see edit history)

v2.0.2 Hotfix

-(FIX) Toolbelt numbers no longer show when using a vehicle.

-(FIX) Controller support is now working.

Just download from same link in OP and replace current version.

I should have time hopefully this weekend to get comments added and mod uploaded to git. 🤞

Edited by stedman420 (see edit history)

• RevenantWit changed the title to Simple UI (free use ui modlets)

Simple UI v2.0.3 Hotfix:

-(FIX) Fix for scaling issues with the toolbelt numbers, xp bars, and vanilla food and water bars.

Add-ONs Added:

Simple UI Crafting Queue - Increases crafting queue to 5 slots.
Simple UI Forge Input - Increases forge input slots to 3.
Simple UI Big Bag 60 - Increases backpack size to 60 slots and adds lockable slots.
Simple UI Big Bag 120 - Increases backpack size to 120 slots and adds lockable slots.

So in the next update anything affecting the toolbelt will be in it's own modlet and have it's own options to choose from, this will fix any scaling issues for good and make more options going forward easier to add, not to mention help with compatibility. This is all pretty much done however I could use some feedback on one minor detail concerning the text on the buttons.

Example 1

251570-20230621143658-2.png

Example 2

251570-20230621143849-2.png

Just curious what everyone likes better just a number on the button like example 1 or abbreviations plus a number like example 2?

Ok majority consensus across several places came back in favor of the abbreviations plus numbers for button text. However there is Localization files included so changing this should be simple for others. Thank you to all those that provided feedback. Now on to update news.

Simple UI v2.1.0 Update:

-All tabs have abbreviated text and a number on them now. "LH 1" LH 2" "LH 3"

-Added an extra tab under left HUD (LH 2) so users can use Simple UI without detailed buffs.

-All toolbelt functions have been removed and placed into their own modlet. This was to fix any scaling issues for good and will make it easier to add features to either modlet in the future. This will also help with compatibility and make it easier for others to edit.

-Added a couple comments to the windows xml file on a couple things that should not be removed or renamed as well as a few notes on how buffs are handled. Everything in windows xml also has a name now for easier readability and modding.

Simple UI Toolbelt v2.0.0:

-All toolbelt functions have been released into it's own modlet.

-Toolbelt now has separate buttons and options.

There is also now alternate download links in OP so mod can be downloaded from Nexusmods or Github as well.

Update News:

My OCD got the best of me on all those panels above the bigger backpacks. I think I got most everything squared away.

New update for the backpack mods should be out tomorrow. Thinking I might release the info panel adjustments as a separate add on to the backpacks though in case they cause an incompatibility with another modlet, that way the backpacks could still be used without them as needed.

Edited by RevenantWit (see edit history)

Simple UI Big Bags Update v2.0.1

-[FIX] added in adjustments for the completed Firemans Almanac book perk.

-[FIX] added in adjustments for the Night Stalker Thief Adrenaline book perk.

-[FIX A21 Only] Fix for new twitch encumbered debuff so the completed Firemans Almanac perk doesn't override it.

-Slightly adjusted position for currency icon and amount in backpack header.

-Also added to and cleaned up a few comments in the xml files.

Add-Ons Added

Simple UI Info Panels 60 - Increases several info panels size to match the 60 slot backpack.

Simple UI Info Panels 120- Increases several info panels size to match 120 slot backpack.

Both the above new add-ons are meant to compliment the Simple UI big bag mods as they will match the backpacks new window size. However like all the other add-ons they can be used without any other modlets and have no dependencies.

All add-ons so far merely adjust window and/or grid sizes and do not replace any vanilla windows at all.

251570-20230627042332-2.png

251570-20230627042338-2.png

251570-20230627042342-2.png

251570-20230627055117-2.png

251570-20230627042354-2.png

^Coming in the next update in another day or two. All text and links can be easily edited in the Localization txt included. The xml should be fairly easy to read and edit as well.  And I promise, no character frame window controllers were harmed in the making of it 🤣

Simple UI Toolbelt v2.1.0:

-[FIX] Tabs around toolbelt no longer show when using a vehicle.

-Another tab has been added to toolbelt so the Simple UI version can be used without the toolbelt numbers.

-Simplified the localization text file.

New Mods Added:

Simple UI Server Info Window - Adds a tabbed server info window that shows when hitting esc.

Simple UI VBP Lockable Slots - Adds lockable slots to the vanilla backpack.

Simple UI VVS Lockable Slots - Adds lockable slots to the vanilla vehicle storage.

Simple UI No Party On-Screen Player Icon (NoPOSPI) -Removes the on screen player icon from party members that shows when within 20m of them.

Simple UI No Location Pop-Up (NoLPU) - Removes the giant pop up message panel that appears top center when entering a location.

Simple UI No Main Menu News Panel (NoMMNP) - Removes the news panel from the games main menu

I've also change the format a little in the OP, hopefully this makes it a little easier to navigate and find mods.

Ok I removed all A20 modelts from the OP and will no longer be supporting them since A21 is now stable. However they can still be found on github and under older versions at Nexusmods.

All modlets now in the OP were made for and work with A21 including A21 stable.

I will try and update the screenshot at some point as well as add some more.

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

Is it possible to get a version of the toolbelt mod with just the numbers added and xp bar moved to bottom, without the multiple toolbars?

Hahaha, back in this mods origin I used to have to make several versions since everyone was asking for this change or that. Then I got smart at some point and just made it so it could be changed on the fly. Now that I've done that we have come full circle back to no options, the joys of modding 🤣

To answer your question though yeah I will throw together a no options version of the left HUD and toolbelt for those that want the default UI changes without the options. Prob later today or tomorrow.

To all I also have a couple vehicle storage mods that will go up at same time.

New Mods Added:
Simple UI No Options (NO) - Same default Simple UI look minus any buttons or options
Simple UI Toolbelt No Options (NO) - Same default Simple UI Toolbelt look minus any buttons or options
Simple UI Vehicle Storage - Increases all vanilla vehicle storages.
Simple UI Vehicle Storage XL - Increases all vanilla vehicle storages to 90 slots.

Simple UI / Simple UI No Options Update v2.2.0

[FIX] Food and water no longer bounce between 99% and 100% while overfilling. However you will no longer see 99%. Food and water will go from 98% to 100% and when going down will go from 100% to 98%. This seemed a way better trade off to me then the bouncing between 99 and 100 the entire time you're overfilling. And with that fix there is no longer any known issues with any of the modlets.

Under The Hood Changes

All the changes below will only affect those who edit the mod. Normal mod users will not be affected by these changes.

I made templates for the stat bars and buffs used in Simple UI that can be found in the controls xml.

Everything in the windows xml was rewrote using these new templates.

The stat bars should actually be much easier to change basic things on now like bar size, content color, icon color, text size, etc...

More complex changes though would need the template edited or just the bar itself replaced in the windows xml.

Since these elements are used often in the version with options this will make things much easier for me going forward.

Simple UI No Options got the same treatment mostly just to keep it in line with the main mod.

I've also forced the vanilla Buffpopout to not be visible in Simple UI No Options instead of moving it off screen so that it just never gets rendered.

Default Layout

spacer.png

Vertical Layout

spacer.png

Radial Layout
spacer.png

No Stat Bars Layout (will make more sense once new toolbelt layouts are done)
spacer.png

Very early concept of the new left HUD layout options. Everything still needs resized, repositioned, and made to look pretty but should give an idea of where this is going. Also changed the water bar fill color to a light blue since it was basically same color as the stamina bar.

251570-20230704071907-2.png

251570-20230704071916-2.png

Made a little progress. If you click the left side of a hud layout button it will give you that layout with detailed buffs and if you click the right side it gives you that layout with the vanilla buffs. New buff displays might come in a diff update later on.