Rev's Simple UI

RevenantWit

8 hours ago, Zagan said:

I have always loved Simple UI by Steadman420. Nice to see it back.

But can you make a 120 slot for storage chests?

I have thought about it. I'm trying to keep everything existing save friendly though. (All mods should be able to not only be installed but removed without affecting existing saves) So when I do get around to this I most likely would make extra storage containers that have a larger inventory. Might even just replace the vanilla recipe with the new ones, not sure. This way at least it wouldn't affect existing containers.

Might be a little though as I'm still a day or two away from finishing up the 3.0 version of the left hud and toolbelt but can look into it after that. Then it will be time for me to catch up on some game playing before coming back for the right side hud so it matches the left :D

Edited by RevenantWit (see edit history)

Update time is finally here and it's a good one. New buff displays, new stat bar layouts, new toolbelt layouts, lots of cool options now.

Simple UI v3.0.0 Update
There is now 4 tabs under the left HUD

• Default - This is the original Simple UI look just with better buff displays.
  • Radial - This gives you radial stat bars as well as circle buff displays.
  • Vertical - This gives you vertical stat bars.
  • None - This removes the stat bars and just leaves buff displays in it's place. (Works well with some of the new toolbelt options.)

Pressing the left side of any the layout tabs listed above will give you that layout with a simple buffs display.

Pressing the right side of any the layout tabs listed above will give you that layout with a detailed buffs display.

Simple UI Toolbelt v3.0.0 Update
The 4 tabs on the toolbelt have been moved under it, renamed, and have new functions now.

• Clicking left side of this layout tab gives the default Simple UI Toolbelt look with just an xp bar at bottom of toolbelt.
  • Clicking the middle of this layout tab adds toolbelt numbers to the toolbelt.
  • Clicking the right side of this layout tab adds temp and elevation info next to the xp bar.

Alternate(meant to compliment the radial layout above)

• Clicking left side of this layout tab gives something similar to the default but toolbelt number backgrounds are round.
  • Clicking the right side of this layout tab adds temp and elevation info next to the xp bar.(minus player temp since radial layout has this)
  • Only two options on this layout since no toolbelt numbers would look same as default.

HUD

• Clicking left side of this layout tab gives vertical stat bars on the side of the toolbelt.
  • Clicking the right side of this layout tab adds temp and elevation info next to the xp bar.

Mini HUD

• Clicking left side of this layout tab gives small compact stat bars under the toolbelt.
  • Clicking the right side of this layout tab adds text to the compact stat bars.

The last two layouts on the toolbelt above are meant to be used with the "None" tab on the left HUD.

The HUD layouts on the toolbelt have a stealth bar that appears on the top center of the toolbelt and extends in both directions.

Extra Info

There was so much that changed under the hood on this mod that the changelog for those would be too big. Lets just say it got a nice little revision under the hood and now relies heavily on the new templates in it's controls xml :D

I have some new screenshots as well and will try and get them up later.

Also Simple UI No Options and Simple UI Toolbelt No Options have not been updated yet. I will get to them soon however they won't really be changing much anyway, mostly just a new buff display and toolbelt number backgrounds. And no I most likely won't be doing a no options version of each of the hud layouts that are now in the regular Simple UI version. The no option versions will most likely stay the classic Simple UI look that is the default in the regular mod version.

Github and Nexusmods pages will be updated shortly after this post.

27 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

does this work with Khaines bigger toolbelt? thanks!

Simple UI Toolbelt would definitely not.

Everything else should work though I would imagine but can't say for sure as thats not my mod.

I might consider a toolbelt patch at some point but really don't like the idea of starting that trend as it becomes a slippery slope fast. Make one patch for one mod then next thing you know everyone wants you to make a patch for their fav mod as well 🤣

All Simple UI modlets are completely free use though and anyone is welcome to do anything they want with them with no strings attached. Up to and including modifying them and uploading versions that work with something else.

• RevenantWit changed the title to Rev's Simple UI

I havent read through this entire thread but there's a small problem, if there's an icon on the left side hud, say lacerated limb or something, you cannot click on the icon to get more detailed information about it, this is important info for new players & old players if TFP ad something new. Thx.

Edit: oh and having the numbers above the toolbelt slots for all but one design is horrible, I would prefer not to see all those numbers, a toggle button would be great.

Edited by Bezerker Viking (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Bezerker Viking said:

I havent read through this entire thread but there's a small problem, if there's an icon on the left side hud, say lacerated limb or something, you cannot click on the icon to get more detailed information about it, this is important info for new players & old players if TFP ad something new. Thx.

Edit: oh and having the numbers above the toolbelt slots for all but one design is horrible, I would prefer not to see all those numbers, a toggle button would be great.

This was the trade off for the custom buff panels. If you hover over a buff you can still see a detailed name and timer. And if you want a description for that buff you can still open the character screen and look. Not being able to click on it seemed pretty trivial to me as all it does is open the character screen that you would read the buff description from. Didn't really figure that would be a challenge and is where most people look for detailed character info anyway. (edited side not on this:  After opening inventory it's actually farther to mouse to a buff above hud than just switch to character info, just sayin 😜)

And as far as the toolbelt goes you may want to read the description and/or actually try it out as there is literally a toggle and all layouts aside one has a version without toolbelt numbers. The only reason the Alternate layout doesn't is because it would look the same as the default. All that is also listed in the info for the toolbelt. Unless you mean the no options version but that's why it's called no options.

Hope this helps 👍

Hi @RevenantWit,

this mod looks nice and neat.

I have some issues.

The mod seems not enable if I put the mods into %AppData%/7DaysToDie. If I put the mod into 7 Days To Die\Mods, it works.

I'm using my Xbox controller to play the game. When I open my inventory and press L/R button to switch the categories, simple UI also switches its layout.

Edited by ToneJumper
wrong grammer (see edit history)

2 hours ago, ToneJumper said:

Hi @RevenantWit,

this mod looks nice and neat.

I have some issues.

The mod seems not enable if I put the mods into %AppData%/7DaysToDie. If I put the mod into 7 Days To Die\Mods, it works.

I'm using my Xbox controller to play the game. When I open my inventory and press L/R button to switch the categories, simple UI also switches its layout.

Thanks for the info on the controller stuff. I will try and remember to plug one in and see If I can do something about that when working on the next update.

On 7/18/2023 at 12:00 PM, RevenantWit said:

Thanks for the info on the controller stuff. I will try and remember to plug one in and see If I can do something about that when working on the next update.

Good to hear that.

Sorry, I forgot to mention another one. On the vertical layout, the value of a stamina is shown in decimal numbers, when I am running.

1 hour ago, ToneJumper said:

Good to hear that.

Sorry, I forgot to mention another one. On the vertical layout, the value of a stamina is shown in decimal numbers, when I am running.

The game actually tracks it that way it's just when you do stat current with max it only shows whole numbers, but since there wasn't a lot of room I just did stat current and that will show actual value instead.

Simple UI Info Panels 60 and 120 Update v2.0.1

-[Changed] Cleaned up and refactored the xpath for these mods to make them weather updates a little better.

This update not only fixes these mods to work with A21.1 Exp but should hopefully make them weather future updates a little better as well.

Simple UI Update v3.1.0

-[FIX] Added back the xpath line to remove the default food and water bars. (accidentally removed in first big rewrite)

-[Added] An Alt_Configs folder with alternate configs has been added. These are to swap xmls for different default layouts. There's a text file in the mods folder with a little more info.

Simple UI No Options Update v3.1.0

-[FIX] Added back the xpath line to remove the default food and water bars. (accidentally removed in first big rewrite)

-[Added] An Alt_Configs folder with alternate configs has been added. These are to swap the windows xml to any layout Simple UI offers. There's a text file in the mods folder with a little more info.

I will hopefully be able to update the Toolbelts tomorrow with Alt Configs as well but no promises.
I'm also still looking into an issue with controllers, no word on that one yet.

Simple UI Toolbelt Update v3.1.0

-An Alt_Configs folder with alternate configs has been added. These are to swap the xml for different default layouts. There's a text file in the mods folder with a little more info.

Simple UI Toolbelt No Options Update v3.1.0

-Updated to Simple UI Toolbelt v3 format.

-An Alt_Configs folder with alternate configs has been added. These are to swap the windows xml to any layout Simple UI Toolbelt offers. There's a text file in the mods folder with a little more info.

Hi, want to give some of these a try, when I click on the link in the spoiler comments I get several options to download when I enter teh folder.  Or do I just downlaod the whole folder and move it to MODs?

37 minutes ago, iicecube said:

Hmm i not sure which one is the UI but I wont get the the one that shown in your screenshot.

Simple UI is the Left HUD mod and comes with buttons to toggle between layouts in live game.

Simple UI No Options is the left HUD mod without the buttons and to switch layouts requires copying one from the Alt_Configs provided in mod.

Simple UI Toolbelt is the toolbelt mod and comes with buttons to toggle between layouts in live game.

Simple UI Toolbelt No Options is the toolbelt mod without the buttons and to switch layouts requires copying one from the Alt_Configs provided in mod.

All of this info is in OP under each mod and screenshots at bottom of OP is most of the current layouts you can have, all other screenshots are outdated and/or of prototype stuffs. The no options versions though of course will come without the buttons seen in screenshots but can still be any layout. This of course would require you to try them out and see which one you like but you can see a good portion of the layouts in the screens in OP to get an idea of whether you might like any of the Left HUD or Toolbelt layouts.

All mods in the OP affect the UI in some way, if you had an idea of which part of the UI you are referencing I might be able to help more.

8 minutes ago, iicecube said:

I mean as the image i posted I feel like i missing food/water and the buffs info is different as well.

The top is the one OP and below is mine.

simpleui.jpg

Install Simple UI or Simple UI No Options(The first or second mod listed in OP) it's the Left HUD portion. You only seem to have the Toolbelt installed currently.

6 minutes ago, RevenantWit said:

Install Simple UI or Simple UI No Options(The first or second mod listed in OP) it's the Left HUD portion. You only seem to have the Toolbelt installed currently.

Ahhh thank for the highlight that i need both file. haha