Alpha 21 Seed Thread!

AtlasP

Time to share your seeds again!

Please post
Seed name : 
Biome adjustment settings : 
Screenshot : 
Number of traders if known : 

You can find out details on POI and trader placement via this tool (already updated for A21): https://kui.github.io/7dtd-map/ .

Please not that this thread is NOT for discussion of Nitrogen/KingGen. This is for seeds using the in-game RWG mixer.

Also note that it is helpful to provide the full selection menu options used when creating the seed as they will change the layout.

2b926222f5aa5508ae421951d08ccbae.jpg

(I just duplicated this post from the A20 one because I was hoping to see one for A21. Please let me know if there's a problem with this/not trying to step on any toes.)

Trying to find a good seed for our new community 7dtd server. Ideally we want at least 3-4 good cities in the pine forest and at least 2-3 good cities in each of the other biomes. I would especially appreciate good seeds that use these settings and meet these criteria.

Untitled.png

Edited by AtlasP (see edit history)

After I spent some Time with map creation and not been really satisfied with the number of Towns and Citys. 

I changed the rwgmixer.xml for 8k maps. Nothing special, only played around with some numbers.  
Here, if somone wants to try it.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-V1eU6Q9Yo2Eyl4v5eoTadKPD8cCcMFJ/view?usp=sharing 

Try to match the settings, or you get vanilla values. 

VlYI1D8.png

15 Traders:

2 in the wasteland

4 in the snow

5 in the forest

4 in the desert

Tier 5's: 16

8 in the wasteland

3 in the forest

4 in the snow

1 in the desert

134 Tier 4's

biome town majorities: wasteland and forest.

this seed will be fairly standard its a mix of each biome with the forest taking majority by a few % less mountains and hills for more towns but everything else isnt too changed.

image.thumb.png.fe201631ed90a63ffbf135cf73f70b4c.png

16 traders: 

all in the wasteland 

tier 5's:19

tier 4's: 134

biome town majority: wasteland

this seed is if you like chaos and suffering in the wasteland only many towns and wilderness pois to explore in this hellish map overall an equalised environmental pick exceptions for less mountains and more flat areas.

image.thumb.png.0a0e30e0bb622c4f669d3f4bdfac2685.png

as the seed name implies it is an equal selection of the 3 more dangerous biomes i recommend this if you are comfortable without the forest.

19 traders:

6 in the desert

6 in the snow

7 in the wasteland

tier 5's:17

3 in the desert

8 in the snow 

6 in the wasteland

tier 4's:131

biome town majority: wasteland and desert

values arent too changed environmental wise but made each part of the map a third containing the harder biomes as this creates challenge but not to the extreme of wasteland only.

image.thumb.png.691c8b0d3a1cf38811ac27093c036d0c.png

Edited by Callum123456789
incorrect information regarding tier 5's (see edit history)

this seed is here for the intent of a difficult playthrough the winter land with tis temperature dangerous predators and constant threat of lumberjacks and the wasteland with its overall sea of danger.

24 traders:

13 in the snow biome

11 in the wasteland biome 

tier 5's:20

13 in the snow

7 in the wasteland 

tier 4's:155

biome town majority: even split

overall have fun with this one once im done with my playthrough this is gonna be the map i chose to play for a nice challenge.

image.thumb.png.75854303755ea236a87167cc7446a891.png

I really dislike when snow bimes overlap with desert, so it takes a few world gens before I am happy to play on one, I did get lucky with a nice 10k on my handle seed in A21 though. I still find it interesting how with every little tweak of the Map Generator, the world map will change drasticaly, since the 8k map of A21 was nothing like the A20 versions XD

image.jpeg

On 6/14/2023 at 12:16 PM, 00Brave00 said:

After I spent some Time with map creation and not been really satisfied with the number of Towns and Citys. 

I changed the rwgmixer.xml for 8k maps. Nothing special, only played around with some numbers.  
Here, if somone wants to try it.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-V1eU6Q9Yo2Eyl4v5eoTadKPD8cCcMFJ/view?usp=sharing 

Try to match the settings, or you get vanilla values. 

VlYI1D8.png

How can i match the worldsettings with a dedicated Server? Or can i generate the map woth the client and then move it to the server?

Here my "almost perfect". Not for Min/Maxers.  I like the distribution with snow to the north wilderness to south and desert to west.  A small central wasteland (the start of modern's civilization demise :).  You know, the whole infected asteroid story line that started it all sorta speak.  I got this on my 12th attempt tweaking sliders.  Such is the name of the seed.

image_2023-07-09_114113638.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 2:00 PM, Orake3l said:

I like all your maps, but these are all made with the client.

How can i make this with a dedicated server, i have not the setting options?

Dunno server stuff, but I would think you create the map in single player and move over the files to the server??

spacer.png

17 Traders

Marked in yellow all biomes within walking distance. Trader to the Northeast a short distance.

Link to the traders and their locations. You dirty rotten cheater.

____https://files.catbox.moe/tnyf2p.JPG____

Well done TFP.
It just keeps getting better and better.
Edited by Gringo_Suave
to make a link that is a spoiler not display the image (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

2nd to largest map size for those less beefy computers. 3 major cities in plains biome to start. Towns and Wilderness POIs set to max, everything else left to default settings.

Closest trader to (0,0) is trader Jen at (424 E, 626 S).

Best trader to set up base at is Trader Joel at (400 W,1219 S). He is the midpoint between 3 other traders nearby.

Only downside is there isn't a large city in the snow biome.

wandy.thumb.png.567ba68ae9f9d803d90063e42ac2cf73.png

Edited by WonOnOne
Grammar (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

6144 size map for those laptops that were top of the line... 10+ years ago.

Towns and Wilderness POIs set to maximum, everything else left as default.

There are traders at (817 W, 528 N) and (236 E, 910 N). If you want to set up base at the midpoint of the two traders, there is a nice Governor's Office around (236 W, 731 N).

a51.png

• 4 months later...