Sam's Stuff - v1.0

saminal

On 6/30/2024 at 1:29 PM, SavvyQuinn said:

I installed the mod but when I try to open the sinks, it gives an error and disables my ability to open anything else (Cars, boxes, lockpicking all don't work)
Did I do something wrong?

Picture of error

I'm having the exact same issue.  The working oven works well, but I can't get any of the sinks to work correctly. 

On 7/1/2024 at 3:29 AM, SavvyQuinn said:

I installed the mod but when I try to open the sinks, it gives an error and disables my ability to open anything else (Cars, boxes, lockpicking all don't work)
Did I do something wrong?

Picture of error

Thanks for reporting this! You haven't done anything wrong, I get the same error at this end.

I have spent a couple of days trying to fix this, but without success. I'm going to take down the Working Stuff With Sinks until I can get it fixed. Grab the version that doesn't have the Working Sinks. The new Dew Collector tool mods are a good substitute anyway.

hi i love the mod. using the working stuff one but ran into issue

attempting to craft the sink with filter. i have ALL the required items but it keeps showing the filter as missing.  i have the 2 required.  

thanks 

On 7/7/2024 at 4:23 AM, HYper said:

hi i love the mod. using the working stuff one but ran into issue

attempting to craft the sink with filter. i have ALL the required items but it keeps showing the filter as missing.  i have the 2 required.  

thanks 

Hey, glad you like the mods. Unfortunately the Working Sinks are broken right now - grab the version with no sinks if you want to use it for now.

Came here just to post this. Not sure what's up, but with DecoStuff and Storage Stuff and Working Stuff (no sinks) I get a really odd bug. When using the (Storage) version of kitchen cabinets, both the old and normal sets, the game gives an error that the playerContainer or playerCabinet does not exist/points to a null/non existant object. Then the cabinet is invisible until you reload, at which point it is an unusuable but now visible item. I assume it has something to do with there being two references to these items one a Deco and one a Storage, but I haven't fiddled with unity enough to know what it's doing.

Great mods otherwise though, I think I'm using just about every mod you made as a kind of Vanilla+ experience.

On 7/11/2024 at 3:52 AM, TheOnlyHiro said:

Came here just to post this. Not sure what's up, but with DecoStuff and Storage Stuff and Working Stuff (no sinks) I get a really odd bug. When using the (Storage) version of kitchen cabinets, both the old and normal sets, the game gives an error that the playerContainer or playerCabinet does not exist/points to a null/non existant object. Then the cabinet is invisible until you reload, at which point it is an unusuable but now visible item. I assume it has something to do with there being two references to these items one a Deco and one a Storage, but I haven't fiddled with unity enough to know what it's doing.

Great mods otherwise though, I think I'm using just about every mod you made as a kind of Vanilla+ experience.

Hey, glad you like the mods!! I've tested out all the cabinets in the Storage mod and I'm not getting any errors with any of them. Do you have any other mods loaded that might be interacting with them maybe?

On 7/12/2024 at 2:08 AM, OverlordMateus said:

Are the cooking appliances stackable?

You can place them on top of each other, but you can't hold 5 of them in one inventory slot. The 'Working Modern Stove' does take up more than one block's worth of space due to a bit that sticks up, but it doesn't prevent another block going on top of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sam .. Do you need to Update anything for Stable v1.0 ?? .. I don't see any notes referring to Stable

Thank you

I do Know there was a Version issue with exper. and Hope it doesn't happen with stable 

2 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Sam .. Do you need to Update anything for Stable v1.0 ?? .. I don't see any notes referring to Stable

Thank you

I do Know there was a Version issue with exper. and Hope it doesn't happen with stable 

Everything should be working in v1.0 stable! I've also fixed up the version numbering warning, grab the latest copy from the download links and you'll be fine :)

On 7/25/2024 at 6:43 PM, saminal said:

Everything should be working in v1.0 stable! I've also fixed up the version numbering warning, grab the latest copy from the download links and you'll be fine :)

Thank you for fixing the version number Issue. The OldGamer  😌

Hi Sam. Love your mods. Great work. 

I noticed the car respawner for 1.0 is not working for some of the newer sedans. 

I fixed this by adding the following lines to blocks:

<insertAfter xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntFrontCrumpledSedan01White']/drop[@event='Destroy']">
        <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="carsRandomRespawner"/>
    </insertAfter>

<insertAfter xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntSedan01White']/drop[@event='Destroy']">
    </insertAfter>    

Sam's Deco Stuff 1.0

ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group ‘radial’:
EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Found out what is causing this error when trying to use the wood deco block. They removed signshopcoldbeer from the game. Removing this item from the value section fixed the mod.

Edited by CrimsonWingX (see edit history)

On 8/3/2024 at 4:24 AM, ecksfiftyone said:

Hi Sam. Love your mods. Great work. 

I noticed the car respawner for 1.0 is not working for some of the newer sedans. 

I fixed this by adding the following lines to blocks:

<insertAfter xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntFrontCrumpledSedan01White']/drop[@event='Destroy']">
    </insertAfter>

<insertAfter xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntSedan01White']/drop[@event='Destroy']">
    </insertAfter>    

Thanks for that! I haven't had much of a chance to test everything yet and I had no idea this wasn't working. I've folded this fix into the latest version, appreciate the pickup!

6 hours ago, CrimsonWingX said:

Sam's Deco Stuff 1.0

ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group ‘radial’:
EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Found out what is causing this error when trying to use the wood deco block. They removed signshopcoldbeer from the game. Removing this item from the value section fixed the mod.

Thanks! Dunno why they didn't like that sign xD I've fixed this in the latest version :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning.  First Saminal I would like to say thank you.  These mods really are enhancing my server, however I added the respawn cars and working stuff mod yesterday and now for whatever reason no one is able to get a quest from any trader.  Have you heard of the mods affecting this or anything similar?  My first instinct is to remove the mods but for some reason my FTP access is not working right now so I figured I would ask here in case anyone has run into this

Edit: Sorry for the trouble, I've managed to make it work!

Spoiler

Hello, Sam!

Thank you for the mod, I especially really enjoyed the stoves!

I'm sorry if this is a bit out of the scope, but recently I installed a UI mod and sadly opening the Working Stoves using that UI messes up the layout of the windows, which puzzles me because opening the vanilla Campfire is fine. I've looked at the mod code and I couldn't figure out what is different between the Working Stove and vanilla Campfire code. If it is not too much to ask could you maybe help me take a quick look?

when I open vanilla Campfire it looks like this 

Spoiler

spacer.png

when I open working Stove it looks like this

Spoiler

spacer.png

the UI mod I'm using is this.

I know that this is not a problem with your mod, but rather more an issue with the UI instead, but I'm already at my wit's end lol

Edited by Adagio
managed to solve my problem, thank you! (see edit history)

Thanks for the vehicle respwaner modlet Sam! I am really enjoying it.

After using it for a bit, I've notice a few vehicles not re-spawning

The Semi truck (Red Mesa in Navezgane for example), and the locked Police cars after they've been unlocked (Navezgane Corrections for example)

I've tried to correct it, but my modding skills aren't there yet

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...