Vending machines make dew collector useless?

4 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:
<insertAfter xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupDewCollectorLoot01']/item[@name='workstationSkillMagazine']">

<item name="resourceWaterFilter" loot_prob_template="low"/>

</insertAfter>

That's all you need to improve the chances of finding the filter in a collapsed dew collector in the world.  This is about a 10% chance each time you loot one.

Changing low to medLow will improve the odds to 17% while med will improve the odds to 22%.

So unless I made some minor mistake in my coding, doesn't take a lot of effort or time to make those changes.

I thought you already had a rare chance in broken dew collectors to get the filter?

20 hours ago, Slingblade2040 said:

This game has been dumbed down alot to cater to certain players and not playstyles. It's no coincidence that overhaul mods are becoming more popular due to the pimps bad ideas.

Farming used to need water near it and that's gone, same with the fertilizer, hell farming isn't even needed in single player. The amount of restrictions you need to put on yourself to not use basic survival mechanics shows how far this game has strayed from survival. They might as well remove the need for food and water if they keep this nonsense and turn it into what GNA horde mode is.

Anyways this isn't about base building anyways. It's about how dumb of an idea the dew collector is and how it's shouldn't have been implemented

The game is turning into a quest hub game. They keep taking features away from the sandbox freedom game-play with every version.

1 minute ago, Riamus said:

I thought you already had a rare chance in broken dew collectors to get the filter?

Yes, but very rare.  Filters are in subgroup3 which only has a 5% chance of being picked from and the filter itself only has a 20% chance of being picked instead of dirty water - not going to figure out the overall chance, I will leave that to others as I don't care to  😉

You can also just change subgroup3's chance of being picked from veryLow to something higher to get a similar result.

Something like

<set xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupDewCollector']/item[@group='groupDewCollectorLoot03']/@loot_prob_template">med</set>

You can still do basically anything you want to in the game.  Maybe you have to adjust a little bit that doesn't mean you can't still play how you want to.  And they have purposely made the game middle for those who don't want to play the whole game as it is and want a different than normal experience.  Besides, if you really don't like A21, don't use it.  But if you take the time to adjust to the changes, you will most likely realize the changes don't really hurt your game at all.  But it's you really don't like some part of it, change it.  Questing and scavenging are a major part of the game and they are going to base changes on updating that.  They are also updating other major parts of the game like building and crafting even if you don't like how they went about updating those.  Just because you feel a change is bad doesn't mean that everyone else thinks the same thing or that they won't realize it isn't bad within a short time if getting used to the changes.  People hate change.  This is just continued proof of that.  All it takes is getting used to it and pay the initial pitchfork stage and then most people don't mind and often prefer the changes.

3 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Yes, but very rare.  Filters are in subgroup3 which only has a 5% chance of being picked from and the filter itself only has a 20% chance of being picked instead of dirty water - not going to figure out the overall chance, I will leave that to others as I don't care to  😉

You can also just change subgroup3's chance of being picked from veryLow to something higher to get a similar result.

Something like

<set xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupDewCollector']/item[@group='groupDewCollectorLoot03']/@loot_prob_template">med</set>

Gotcha.  Good info for anyone who doesn't use traders.  Personally, I rarely use them for buying stuff but I don't remove them because... Why?  I don't need them fine to keep myself from using them if I don't want to use them.  I just don't use them.  Sometimes people think they are forced to use something just because it is there without realizing they aren't being forced to use it and it is entirely their own choice to do so.

18 hours ago, Greymantle said:

The game is turning into a quest hub game. They keep taking features away from the sandbox freedom game-play with every version.

Exactly. They killed farming (more or less) in alpha20 and they killed water in alpha21, they want you to be on a quest loop or quit playing apparently.

4 hours ago, Survior said:

Exactly. They killed farming (more or less) in alpha20 and they killed water in alpha21, they want you to be on a quest loop or quit playing apparently.

Yes you can not play the game without quests.  You want to loot.  You must quest.   You want to kill a zombie.  You can not without a quest.  You want to drink.  You need a quest.  Omg omg omg.

5 hours ago, Survior said:

And yet people play the game with traders completely removed from the game....