My list of issues I've noticed for A21

FranticDan

A few things I've noticed so far in streamer weekend.
(1) Dehydration debuff still happens at 75 hydration. You lose 22.5% stamina regen. But no debuff notification shows up. (Same as A20)
Solution: Either stage 1 debuff trigger at 75, OR change the stamina regen penalty to 50 to line up with the current stage 1

(2) Gate at Trader Bob sometimes stays closed when interacting.
(3) Zombie crawling mechanic: still looks like the trigger is sensitive. (eg: dumpster)
(4) No rock formations in forest wilderness (or are super rare)
This makes nightmare speed super tough and little chance to regen stamina

(5) Bleed bug. (Been told its already a ticket)
(6) Game settings reset to default when starting a new game, every, time.
This is super frustrating, why?

(7) Getting a crit on first hit with full health. (Thought we were supposed to have crit immunity at full health?)
(8) Looks like there is still 0 frames between a zombie standing and then going into crawl mode. (very cheap and unfair mechanic)
(9) Looks like Aloe Leaves are more expensive than Aloe Cream
(10) When crawling, zombies have a range of about 2+ metres (not even remotely fair)
(11) Standing on a broken campfire sets the player on fire. (How????)
(12) Q3 Machete reward for a T3 quest. (Broken Overpowered!)

Edited by FranticDan (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Old Crow said:

On that last one, zombies have had extendo-arms for quite a while. It's annoying as hell.

Indeed, I've received countless BS hits, even while they are holding their face or hip.
Though patch notes have mentioned animations, so hopefully we won't be getting hit while they are in the middle of their pain animation.

12 minutes ago, Lumpus said:

JaWoodle says that map generation is borked (empty towns) with lots of missing POIs

That's because he didn't do a clean install and had a bunch of custom POI's from A20 that the game was trying to load instead

9 minutes ago, FranticDan said:

That's because he didn't do a clean install and had a bunch of custom POI's from A20 that the game was trying to load instead

How do I do a clean build? I've deleted all my saved games but I still have a lot of custom generated worlds.

12 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

How do I do a clean build? I've deleted all my saved games but I still have a lot of custom generated worlds.

delete the folder for the steam install location, plus the AppData folder which is where save data and such are located
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie

... Don't delete it.  Rename the root folder or move it.  If you want to play A20 at all again, you will probably want those things.  You just don't want to have any mods or custom POI in your folders when generating a new map.  The old worlds and saves don't really matter; just don't use them.  But having them out of the way is helpful.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

The 7Days Mod Launcher is super convenient for players who are new to creating multiple saves or for lazy farkers like myself. Besides easing the process of installing and playing multiple overhauls and modlets, you can also install every alpha currently available on Steam. The instances you select will each go into their own folder on a drive, or drives, of your choosing. This is just a suggestion, because I do understand that not everyone is a fan of the mod launcher.

The website for the mod launcher is: http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

Here on the forums, the main thread for the mod launcher is: