Longshot...Anyone know about cooking in A5

Gamida

Just started playing A5 while waiting for A21 and am starving to death. I am not sure how the campfire works.

I made a campfire and I have found a cooking pot but not sure how to get into it to cook something.

Do we even cook in A5? I know I don't have to boil water as I just fill jars in lake and am good to go.

I did figure out how to make a rabbit kabob but not sure how I have to cook it...or if I even have to.

It is just combining rabbit and a stick but don't know if it has to be cooked on campfire after.

Try boiled eggs, water plus an egg (if eggs were in alpha 5) venison stew , water plus corn plus potatoes plus venison, bacon and eggs, should be one raw pork and two eggs and might require a grill. I could be talking out of turn here though because the first alpha I played was Alpha 10 and I’ve only ever really gone back to alpha 8 and 9

The problem I am having is I can't even open the campfire. I have no way to cook anything.

I have placed a campfire and I have a pot I found but no way to open the fire to add anything, food or cooking utensils

It could just be my copy of game is glitched. I may have to do a new download..

19 minutes ago, Gamida said:

The problem I am having is I can't even open the campfire. I have no way to cook anything.

I have placed a campfire and I have a pot I found but no way to open the fire to add anything, food or cooking utensils

It could just be my copy of game is glitched. I may have to do a new download..

I've never played that alpha but maybe cooking was based on proximity and you just chose what to cook from the crafting menu when you were close to the campfire?

Well I moved on from that alpha lol. I tried 7,8 and 9 and am now playing version 10...for some reason alpha 6 is not available to download.

Hoping by time I make it to 19 alpha 21 will be about to drop.

A5 a bit late but here ya go
put down the campfire
light it with your torch
put pot next to it
make a sharpened stick
make rabbit kabob
put it on your belt
select it and right click on the pot

interacting was mainly from your belt slots

I miss some of the old features, but i also miss my old girlfriends, but I don't want them back either.

On 6/2/2023 at 2:17 AM, 4sheetzngeegles said:

A5 a bit late but here ya go
put down the campfire
light it with your torch
put pot next to it
make a sharpened stick
make rabbit kabob
put it on your belt
select it and right click on the pot

interacting was mainly from your belt slots

I miss some of the old features, but i also miss my old girlfriends, but I don't want them back either.

those were the days....